EVs. not Eevees - v1.95.3

Relicanth

Youngster
Banned
I.Am said:
Vitamin asap please. Thanks and love y'all.

This is already ready but what I am aiming for this update is to let people familiarize with the "new" mechanic for a few days before adding vitamins (and as a head up, it will cost the same amount of pokedollars from handhelds). Due the recent updates people will need to dishabituate in thinking only IVs are important or battles without switching are allowed. This may sound tight at first instance but for the future updates if anyone is familiarized with nintendo or even simulators like showdown they will be able to use the strategies made along with switchings/weather conditions or even status moves from said places. While pwo is not still accurate for that kind of battle due pokemons having wrong abilities, their right held items not released yet or even some broken moves the devs are already working to fix them all asap yet the changes already started.

EV decreasing Berries will be added in future as well but I want to point out Berries aren't really mart items so they can't be purchasable like Vitamins.

I hope you all will enjoy pwo turning into a competitive Pokemon game like everyone wanted it to be years ago.

Pretentious

Relicanth said:
I.Am said:
EV decreasing Berries will be added in future as well but I want to point out Berries aren't really mart items so they can't be purchasable like Vitamins.

If this doesn't SCREAM token store, I don't know what does. >:D

BusterBlazeFox

Website
www.youtube.com
LunaticJames said:
Have you attempted to run the patcher as Administrator?
I recall someone having this same problem just the other day but have forgotten the solution given.
It's not even possible to run an installer as non-admin on Windows 8.1, but just to be safe, I tried to specifically run as admin, and it failed just the same. :p I find this odd, because some people were having this problem for the .2 patch, but it was fine for me, and now suddenly it's cropped up again for .3. Seems like the installer gets confused about regions sometimes (?), so maybe I'll try turning back to Japanese again...? Well, I'll get back to you on that. :p

MEGA EDIT!: What the actual...!? Changing from system locale "English (United States)" to Japanese made the installer work. On top of that... guess what? When in Japanese, I get the old "authenticating forever" bug that I originally fixed by changing my locale to English! I'm sure the game will work again once I switch back, but that requires a restart, so I can't check right away... I'll leave a second edit in a couple minutes. Man, why is the game having so many troubles with system locale stuff? Installer fails with English setting, game fails with Japanese, but will both work vice versa... You guys change the text system in the installer/game or anything?? Change to/from unicode? Because if you did make a change like that, it is DEFINITELY the problem. I would double check that if I had the option to. :p

SECOND EDIT: Yup, I'm in-game after switching back to English. Guys... please look into this, if only for me. xD

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Okay, I updated game and getting message that my game is outdated...
Is there any plans to update Types Chart and Moves Sets to 6th Generation?

The-Predator

Youngster
Relicanth said:
I.Am said:

This is already ready but what I am aiming for this update is to let people familiarize with the "new" mechanic for a few days before adding vitamins (and as a head up, it will cost the same amount of pokedollars from handhelds). Due the recent updates people will need to dishabituate in thinking only IVs are important or battles without switching are allowed. This may sound tight at first instance but for the future updates if anyone is familiarized with nintendo or even simulators like showdown they will be able to use the strategies made along with switchings/weather conditions or even status moves from said places. While pwo is not still accurate for that kind of battle due pokemons having wrong abilities, their right held items not released yet or even some broken moves the devs are already working to fix them all asap yet the changes already started.

I hope you all will enjoy pwo turning into a competitive Pokemon game like everyone wanted it to be years ago.

With recent PWO updates, all i can see left for PWO to have switching battles are some moves like whirlwind, roar, dragon tail, as more TMs to counter or complete some more strategies although switching battles could be ran just now, just let them have more held items

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
SViper said:

What may be happening here is you are re-downloading the client which is updated. What you need to play is the smaller patch on the downloads page.

6th gen mechanics are not planned any time soon. We will complete the 5th gen (b&w 1) mechanics first to make battling balanced before considering moving on from there. I also personally believe it is a bad idea to use anything from 6th gen as that is current Nintendo content and is far more dubious both morally and legally to use that content than it is older versions.

German-Cano

I need this:
30b1n2g.png

The-Predator

Youngster
Not only berries to decrease EVs, but some other type of supertraining or horde training (like in X/Y version), It is a pain to train a pokemon you already trained, I EV trained yesterday to test the system, I spent about bit more than 1 hour and all I could get was 45-50 EV points, calculating the time it will be 10 hours around for 1 single pokemon to get 500 EV points, not to mention Low lvl pokemon must be EV trained first before leveling it up for not to screw the EV spread, which means, low level pokemon= more turns used to defeat wild pokemon= longer battles= more time. I tested several pokemon to check if the effort value yield was working as intended and it is, Now could you please end this torture and put vitamins for sale or some other way to EV train?.

Sorry I´m one of the lazy kind.

By the way for a more detailed feedback, I trained in the route 38, was training a Yanmega lvl 99 was planning to spread the EVs for HP, SPD and SPATK, As you all know that was the perfect route for me to train with hoot-hoot (hp), meowth (spd) and magnemite (spatk) pokemon were coming one after another all of them useful for my EV training, and 1 hour got me 45-50 EV points, So I cant imagine how it would be in a route where not all of the pokemon appearing are useful for my EV train.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
HitmonFonty said:
SViper said:

What may be happening here is you are re-downloading the client which is updated. What you need to play is the smaller patch on the downloads page.

6th gen mechanics are not planned any time soon. We will complete the 5th gen (b&w 1) mechanics first to make battling balanced before considering moving on from there. I also personally believe it is a bad idea to use anything from 6th gen as that is current Nintendo content and is far more dubious both morally and legally to use that content than it is older versions.
You just told me to do that what I did, that doesn't help. Damn, this didn't happened with 1.95.2.:(

So in other words you need a license for to be able use 6th Generation mechanics?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
SViper said:
HitmonFonty said:
SViper said:

You just told me to do that what I did, that doesn't help. Damn, this didn't happened with 1.95.2.:(

So in other words you need a license for to be able use 6th Generation mechanics?
No, he is just saying he personally prefers a game based on old versions than current version (Gen VI), which is the content worked on by Nintendo currently. Nintendo would not give a license for third to do a game about its products.

Relicanth

Youngster
Banned
Vitamins are now live at big marts from goldenrod and celadon at 5f

EV decreasing Berries are still in progress and I want to test it lots of times before releasing them but I hope it will happen within this week.

I.Am

Why i can only use 10 vitamins per attribute ( maybe i know the reason behind this but im quite lazy ) and why i need to put my poke on 4th position for Atk (Protein) and first slot on freakin PC for Spatk (Calcium) same thing other vitamins ? Now my Slowbro have 20 Evs on Atk because of this weird bug. Lol.

CaptainB

I.Am said:
Why i can only use 10 vitamins per attribute ( maybe i know the reason behind this but im quite lazy )

As In the games, vitamins can only increase EVs up to 100, so 10 times maximum (if the EV was originally zero).

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I.Am said:
Why i can only use 10 vitamins per attribute ( maybe i know the reason behind this but im quite lazy )
The Vitamins only add to the first 100 Effort Values in the stat, this is how they work on handhelds.

DomT.

Youngster
Nice Update Staff,i EV Trained my Jolteon and it is a bit difficult,Well i got a idea why not give some boost to members,For Example When Jolteon Kill one Rattata it gives 1 SPD EV but if a player having MS Kills that Rat it should give him 2 Spd EV,That would be some type of Bonus for members,What u say?

Siauwlong

I got a problem here.. when i bought zync and calcium, it doesn't appear on my inventory list.. i bought 200 each of them and they took my money but the items are not there :eek:

fabio7koner

the game after the upgrade, not this more carrying the letters, nor the speeches of NPC.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Julio~ said:
SViper said:
HitmonFonty said:
SViper said:

No, he is just saying he personally prefers a game based on old versions than current version (Gen VI), which is the content worked on by Nintendo currently. Nintendo would not give a license for third to do a game about its products.
So no one can help?

Tha-Kram

you have to be more specific if the update doesn't work
1. did you download the server 1.95.1 first?
1b. which link did you use?
1c.did you install it correctly?
2. download the patch 1.95.3
2b. which link did you use?
2c. install it correctly
3. are there any other programs blocking PWO (antivirus?)

go through it step by step to see what is causing the problem