EVs. not Eevees - v1.95.3

Nikola

Youngster
Re: Pokemon World Online 1.95.2

Jinji said:
I am still not sure why this happens... the installers were not built with an instruction to change any language or regional settings. And you are the only person I know who has complained about such an issue, so I have nothing to go on. However, I will take a closer look at my script and also research known issues with the compiler; and if I can discover any bugs that may cause such an issue I will endeavour to fix them for future installer / patcher builds.
Well, as you can see below. Image 1 is everything normal where I have QWERTY keyboard set and image 2 is when Installer changes it to english QWERTZ. This can be really annoying especially when you are typing somewhere or doing ctrl+z and you don't pay much attention thinking everything is normal. And yes it changes CTRL+Z to CTRL+Y due to switching to QWERTZ.

cC0DqAS.jpg

Mk5ooCq.jpg

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

I think I see what's happening... your computer is set to use a non-English locale and the installer uses an English locale setting, so it's being changed. Why though it changes it to a QWERTZ keyboard I have no idea; but regardless, this is something I will investigate.

cyy5113

Did anyone encounter a problem such as this?
11149391_1184329888250138_4196926025997563024_n.jpg
Any ideas about how to fix it?

Mallbec

cyy5113 said:
Did anyone encounter a problem such as this?
11149391_1184329888250138_4196926025997563024_n.jpg
Any ideas about how to fix it?

Download the Client 1.95.2 Full and Updated:

I have helped if wrong area help excuse me. ;)

BlueExorcist

i have make to many post how too fix for damn black map !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luminance

Youngster
Developer

mixos123 said:
i have make to many post how too fix for damn black map !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't believe you even have tried most of our suggestions, but either ways, come to IRC at 1 PM UTC so that I can take a look at your issue.

rixxa

Ok i downloaded this new and my game looks like this now, im missing all text.

Attachments

• 2015-04-27_10h58_40.jpg
    2015-04-27_10h58_40.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 1,125

jackelsano

Youngster
Thanks its great update but i have a problem

its a cool update guys ,, credit to the people out there but i m missing all text....even run as administrator some features are missing help here plx

LunaticJames

Content maker
Re: Thanks its great update but i have a problem

jackelsano said:
its a cool update guys ,, credit to the people out there but i m missing all text....even run as administrator some features are missing help here plx

Many questions if it is not working when its set to run as Adminstrator.

1. - Did you update it through a patch or full download?
1a. - If it was the patch, did it overwrite the folder that contained 1.95.2 like it needs to?
2. - Do you have a file named "Settings.ini' inside your default skin folder?
3. - Does it have the below section in it
Code:
//**********************************************************
// Loading Bar Colour.. (eg.. 255,255,255 = white) *********
LoadBarColour=RGB(255,128,0)
LoadBarTextColour=RGB(255,255,255)

// Colour Chart for Text Colours ***************************
White = RGB(255,255,255)
Orange = RGB(255,150,0)
Green = RGB(0,255,0)
Black = RGB(0,0,0)
Yellow = RGB(255,255,0)
Blue = RGB(150,200,255)
Cyan = RGB(0,255,255)
Pink = RGB(255,0,255)
Red = RGB(255, 58, 58)
// *********************************************************

// *********************************************************
// Text Colours ********************************************
PokemonTextColour = RGB(255,255,255)
PokemonNameColour = RGB(255,150,0)
PokemonStatsColour = RGB(0,255,0)
PokemonIVsColour = RGB(231, 206, 42)
PokemonEVsColour = RGB(255,150,0)
PokemonMaxStatColour = RGB(255, 58, 58)
DefaultTextColour = RGB(255,255,255)
DefaultGreenTextColour = RGB(0,255,0)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
When you say 'some features are missing' what do you mean? Running as Administrator seems to have worked for most- including me- so any more details you can provide may help us help you.

BusterBlazeFox

Website
www.youtube.com
EPIC! I don't know why, but I was always under the impression that EVs were already implemented. xD Can't imagine why, but luckily I never tried to do anything with them. So, I assume this means all Pokemon going into this update will have 0 EVs? Fine by me. It'll be nice to sort of start from a clean slate on my team.

Question though, when I go to patch the game, it gives me the "Folder name cannot contain any of the following characters" error. The patch for 1.95.2 worked fine, though... I haven't changed the directory. I have no idea why it's doing this, as the folder name quite clearly isn't using any of the illegal characters. Meanwhile, I can't play because 1.95.2 is outdated... Aw, man! :( Is there a fix for this I can use to get it to install? I also tried copying my install to a different drive and patching it from there, but it still gives the same error.

LunaticJames

Content maker
BusterBlazeFox said:
EPIC! I don't know why, but I was always under the impression that EVs were already implemented. xD Can't imagine why, but luckily I never tried to do anything with them. So, I assume this means all Pokemon going into this update will have 0 EVs? Fine by me. It'll be nice to sort of start from a clean slate on my team.

Question though, when I go to patch the game, it gives me the "Folder name cannot contain any of the following characters" error. The patch for 1.95.2 worked fine, though... I haven't changed the directory. I have no idea why it's doing this, as the folder name quite clearly isn't using any of the illegal characters. Meanwhile, I can't play because 1.95.2 is outdated... Aw, man! :( Is there a fix for this I can use to get it to install? I also tried copying my install to a different drive and patching it from there, but it still gives the same error.

Have you attempted to run the patcher as Administrator?
I recall someone having this same problem just the other day but have forgotten the solution given.

Relicanth

Youngster
Banned
KaiTheLoneWolf said:
Anyone here familiar with gen 6 super training? Any chance a similar concept (ev training through minigames) could be applied on pwo?

Not well familiar but I did it a few times with my old brother. Considering Super Training is script based this is possible for PWO but as you may notice the visual side for every kind of training cannot be implemented with current client.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Relicanth said:
KaiTheLoneWolf said:
Anyone here familiar with gen 6 super training? Any chance a similar concept (ev training through minigames) could be applied on pwo?

Not well familiar but I did it a few times with my old brother. Considering Super Training is script based this is possible for PWO but as you may notice the visual side for every kind of training cannot be implemented with current client.

It wouldn't need to be a carbon copy. The overall idea of minigames to ev train could be used as reference with the minigames that could possibly be made available being something that could be visually compatible with the current client