EVs. not Eevees - v1.95.3

BorneoBoys

Re: Pokemon World Online 1.95.1

Sometimes when leftovers work, its make HP points of my snorlax was changed...(in same level and pokemon). What's make this happen?

Attachments

• snorlax 1-vert.jpg
    snorlax 1-vert.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,591

Donar

That's only a visual error, the actual max HP of the Pokemon never change. This will be fixed in the next server update, thanks for the report.

Nikola

Youngster
Re: Pokemon World Online 1.95

KarasuroKun said:
Nikola said:
Some tracks might need reviewing. They aren't relaxing and often loud with useless amount of gain and lack of bass.

I'll gladly look into this. If you can list some areas where the music is loud or overbearing it will help me define my search. Before the release of 1.95, we noticed a lot of volume issues and had to go through and equalize volume levels. None of the tracks should be exceeding 0dB so it could be the client boosting the volume. Until the next patch, I'd suggest turning down in-game volume or your PC audio.
CianwoodCZ.mp3 = Loud instruments comparing them with background sea.
gym.mp3 = Does not match with other tracks in PWO. Different style.
ViridianForest.mp3 = Kinda of and does not match with the style. Has that underwater effect.
UnionCaveCZ.mp3 = Not relaxing and very sharp instruments.
Pokecentre.mp3 = Nice melody and all just does not match to the game. Has that spoon and pot effect.
PallettownCZ.mp3 = Has very high and sharp sounds, not relaxing. Start time is delayed and tracks lasts more time than it actually ends.
mtsilverCZ.mp3 = One of my favorites but sadly distorsion is noticable. When you level up the instruments you get somehow decent enough track for ears: http://prntscr.com/6kcm33
mtmoonCZ.mp3 = Nice melody but Underwater instruments.
INTRO2.mp3 = A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon track. It starts very loud and weird comparing it to relaxing part of same song around 0:51+. Track is very nice just bad start.

I see a lot of you are having hard times with using low frequency sounds such as bass and match the timing. Look at Karo's Mt Mortar, try to do it like that. Clean and professional. reduce gain a little and increase the mid ton and you get one awesome track.
And you also fail to match high nature sounds so you tend to make them very loud. Look at Karos Lavender, that is good example how you should do the high sounds by deciding the limit of how high it goes, very nice track.

BusterBlazeFox

Website
www.youtube.com

Thanks for the update. I had the "Authenticating forever" glitch, so I'll let you know if it's fixed once I get 1.95.1 installed. :)

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be fixed. I'm still authenticating forever. :'( I tried installing it over 1.95, and when that didn't work, I uninstalled it and did it again. So yeah, I'm sorry to say that it isn't fixed... unless you forgot to replace the MediaFire download link with the new version? The file name was PWO195a, 135 MB.

Dragon16

Youngster

BusterBlazeFox said:
Thanks for the update. I had the "Authenticating forever" glitch, so I'll let you know if it's fixed once I get 1.95.1 installed. :)

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be fixed. I'm still authenticating forever. :'( I tried installing it over 1.95, and when that didn't work, I uninstalled it and did it again. So yeah, I'm sorry to say that it isn't fixed... unless you forgot to replace the MediaFire download link with the new version? The file name was PWO195a, 135 MB.
i have been having some issues with the game loading as well, some times it gets stuck on authenticating and sometimes it gets stuck loading the map at 68%

BlueExorcist

i have black map in mt silver pc any help i change all settings(Language for Non-Unicode applications" to English US) (Control Panel -> Network and Internet)?
any fix?

Pretentious

The follow sprites look nice.... when they aren't moving.

No offense, but either the follow code itself or the alignment of the sprites on the sprite sheet is off because they look awful when the player changes directions. :(

esau13

i hope fix bugs something tedious:
TOXIC SPIKES steel poison pokemon, Metagross, scizor, flying pokemon

>:D

KarasuroKun

PWO Composer
Game Editor
Website
bb089.bandcamp.com

Nikola said:
KarasuroKun said:
Nikola said:
Some tracks might need reviewing. They aren't relaxing and often loud with useless amount of gain and lack of bass.

I'll gladly look into this. If you can list some areas where the music is loud or overbearing it will help me define my search. Before the release of 1.95, we noticed a lot of volume issues and had to go through and equalize volume levels. None of the tracks should be exceeding 0dB so it could be the client boosting the volume. Until the next patch, I'd suggest turning down in-game volume or your PC audio.
CianwoodCZ.mp3 = Loud instruments comparing them with background sea.
gym.mp3 = Does not match with other tracks in PWO. Different style.
ViridianForest.mp3 = Kinda of and does not match with the style. Has that underwater effect.
UnionCaveCZ.mp3 = Not relaxing and very sharp instruments.
Pokecentre.mp3 = Nice melody and all just does not match to the game. Has that spoon and pot effect.
PallettownCZ.mp3 = Has very high and sharp sounds, not relaxing. Start time is delayed and tracks lasts more time than it actually ends.
mtsilverCZ.mp3 = One of my favorites but sadly distorsion is noticable. When you level up the instruments you get somehow decent enough track for ears: http://prntscr.com/6kcm33
mtmoonCZ.mp3 = Nice melody but Underwater instruments.
INTRO2.mp3 = A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon track. It starts very loud and weird comparing it to relaxing part of same song around 0:51+. Track is very nice just bad start.

I see a lot of you are having hard times with using low frequency sounds such as bass and match the timing. Look at Karo's Mt Mortar, try to do it like that. Clean and professional. reduce gain a little and increase the mid ton and you get one awesome track.
And you also fail to match high nature sounds so you tend to make them very loud. Look at Karos Lavender, that is good example how you should do the high sounds by deciding the limit of how high it goes, very nice track.

I'll see what I can do to fix these issues. As for style changes, A lot of these tracks were submitted by different Composers with different software on different mediums. So there are bound to be some differences. We don't want to exclude those composers from the game since they are no longer a member of staff but we will discuss what needs to be changed regarding the music. Thank you for the list and your feedback.

BusterBlazeFox

Website
www.youtube.com

Does the game run on anything like DirectX or .NET framework? I haven't solved the authenticating forever problem yet, but if the game runs on something else I can try to re-install, maybe that will fix it somehow. :p ...I assume it uses at least .NET framework. Most online PC games I've played do... I dunno. I'm willing to try almost anything, short of a hard drive wipe, to get this stupid game running. And I'm probably going to play it for a week and then stop again, like always. xD But yeah, I'm sure I'm not the only one still having this problem even after the bugfix update... :(

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

In fact, for the current PWO Client, the opposite is true. We use DirectX, and .NET is not used.

BusterBlazeFox

Website
www.youtube.com

Jinji said:
In fact, for the current PWO Client, the opposite is true. We use DirectX, and .NET is not used.
Looks like reinstalling DirectX on Windows 8.1 is no easy feat. :p I went into Windows Update and found several "non-essential", unnamed updates, plus one for .NET framework, although if the game doesn't run on that, it doesn't matter. xD After getting it all installed and rebooting, game still authenticates forever when I try to login. So I'm out of ideas. Obviously other people are getting into the game, so there's only a few people still dealing with this... (Or did the mini update fix it for everyone else? :p)

If you want me to give information about my system or try anything else, just ask, really. I've tried everything I could think of. Disabled firewalls, antivirus, reinstalled the game, rebooted my computer, ran as Administrator, ran in compatibility mode... I'm not sure how to reinstall DirectX since it can only be installed via Windows Update, and I'm not entirely sure how to uninstall it to get it to show up there. But yeah, basically, I tried all of the obvious stuff for the end-user. If you guys, with your knowledge of the program, have any other ideas, hopefully I can help you come up with something that can fix this issue for anyone who might have this problem. :p In case it matters, my account is REALLY old, like, been around since Kyro days. Since it seems to have something to do with the login process, I figure there may be a SLIGHT chance that account weirdness is causing the problem. Of course, I know nothing about it. Just a hunch.

BlueExorcist

i wait for any help how to fix damn black map :-\

KeyboardWarrior

BusterBlazeFox said:
Jinji said:
Looks like reinstalling DirectX on Windows 8.1 is no easy feat. :p I went into Windows Update and found several "non-essential", unnamed updates, plus one for .NET framework, although if the game doesn't run on that, it doesn't matter. xD After getting it all installed and rebooting, game still authenticates forever when I try to login. So I'm out of ideas. Obviously other people are getting into the game, so there's only a few people still dealing with this... (Or did the mini update fix it for everyone else? :p)

If you want me to give information about my system or try anything else, just ask, really. I've tried everything I could think of. Disabled firewalls, antivirus, reinstalled the game, rebooted my computer, ran as Administrator, ran in compatibility mode... I'm not sure how to reinstall DirectX since it can only be installed via Windows Update, and I'm not entirely sure how to uninstall it to get it to show up there. But yeah, basically, I tried all of the obvious stuff for the end-user. If you guys, with your knowledge of the program, have any other ideas, hopefully I can help you come up with something that can fix this issue for anyone who might have this problem. :p In case it matters, my account is REALLY old, like, been around since Kyro days. Since it seems to have something to do with the login process, I figure there may be a SLIGHT chance that account weirdness is causing the problem. Of course, I know nothing about it. Just a hunch.

You don't need to install DirectX for PWO, even windows xp came with dx8.1 in it.
Installing any version of modern directx usually covers previous versions within reason.

PWO does not used .net, if you are gtting an error with direct x, there are a few reasons.
1. Your gfx doesnt support 32bit colour.
2. You just need to register dx8vb.dll, you can do this by running cmd promt as admin, navigating your way to the dll and typing regsvr32 dx8vb.dll, it would be worth telling the staff here if it actually succeeds or not. you may have issues with user permissions on your pc.
3. install your display drivers if you havent done already, (windows default drivers do not count ever).

Edit: The stuck on authentication, i have no idea about. I havent looked into it, i dont get that issue, nor have i bothered to see what they changed. so cant help you there.
I dont mess about with this anymore, just here to offer my support.

Relicanth

Youngster
Banned

For this newest update. New items are being added to the marts. Those includes Antidotes, Healing Sprays and REPELS :D

Enjoy the game.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

Repels are something I wanted to work on a long time ago; but despite adding the DB entries for them, never seemed to get around to. It's great to see them finally added :D

Belemuel

More I want more!!!!!! Jk Keep up the hard work everyone.

Nikola

Youngster

Nikola said:
Upon installation it messes up with users Language and keyboard layout. It can be really annoying especially if you are typing something and you don't pay attention on those things thinking everything is working as intended.
This is my keyboard before PWO installation: http://i.imgur.com/k7Ngkjh.png
This is my keyboard when PWO installation changes it on it's own; http://i.imgur.com/BLjKrej.png

-Notable change is changing QWERTY to QWERTZ. I am using QWERTY but client setup changes it it QWERTZ on it own. You packed the installation with inno setup creator and most likely its setup is causing this issue. Running PWO.exe won't change the language only installation will.
This is still the issue. Would like to see more professional approach towards the updates. Forcing languages shouldn't be used like this. Thank you.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Re: Pokemon World Online 1.95.2

I am still not sure why this happens... the installers were not built with an instruction to change any language or regional settings. And you are the only person I know who has complained about such an issue, so I have nothing to go on. However, I will take a closer look at my script and also research known issues with the compiler; and if I can discover any bugs that may cause such an issue I will endeavour to fix them for future installer / patcher builds.