EVs. not Eevees - v1.95.3

Animagus

***Before downloading this update, be sure to save any custom skins! They will be overwritten, so move them out of the Pokemon World Online folder before continuing.***

Pokemon World Online 1.95.3

Hello, Pokemaniacs! We hope you are having a pleasant day.
This post is to announce the addition of yet another much awaited feature: Effort Values!

*For those of you already familiar with the system, enjoy! Items like vitamins are not in yet, but they will be added soon once the bare-bones system is tested publicly.

For those who are unfamiliar with this aspect of the Pokemon world, here are answers to some FAQs about EVs:

"What are EVs?"
Effort values, or EVs for short, are bonuses gained by a Pokémon from engaging in a battle and defeating its opponent no matter how strong or weak it was.
In other words, EVs are affected by how you train your Pokémon. *There are also items that can affect EVs, these are supported. They will be available in the near future, however!

"How do EVs affect a Pokémon?"
- EV points in each stat are used to calculate the current value of the stat along with its IVs and nature boosts.
- Whenever a Pokémon defeats its opponent in a battle, the new value of each stat is calculated using the newest EV points corresponding to that stat divided by 4.
- This helps your Pokémon to become stronger *or more specialized in battles.

"How can a Pokémon gain EVs?"
- When you catch a Pokémon for the first time, it will have 0 EVs in all its stats.
- EV points are added to the Pokémon's stat after the battle or when the Pokémon levels up during the battle.
- Each Pokémon species will yield different EV points in different stats, but each species may add from 0 to 3 EV points to each stat.
- Your Pokémon can have a maximum of 255 EV points in each stat with maximum of 510 EV points in all stats; that means you cannot not have a Pokémon with max EV points in all stats, so you may need to train your Pokémon wisely.
- When the EV points are divided by 4, the remainder will be disregarded, so you just need 252 EV points to get the same effect as max stat.
- There are also items that can make your Pokémon gain or lose EVs, but these are not supported yet. However, they will be in the near future!
- It’s important to note that even if your Pokémon is at the highest level, it can still gain or lose EVs.

"Where can I see my Pokémon’s current EVs?"
It’s the same as seeing its stats or IVs - just hover over the Pokémon, and its information menu will pop up automatically. This includes the chat channels and trade windows. When you see that an EV stat is red, it means that your Pokémon has reached the max amount of EVs.

"Which Pokémon gives which EVs?"
It’s the exact same as the Gen 5 Black and White handhelds, so you can use official sources as a list. Here’s an example of Speed EV gifting Pokémon for your convenience, although it is important to note that not all of these species are available in the game yet: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/speed.shtml

"How can I show others my Pokémon’s EVs?"
You can Shift+Click to show your Pokémon to a chat channel, as we’ve now updated the stat window to include EVs.
If you want to be more private about it, the /iv command was also updated to include EVs. Just type /iv pokemonteamposition, username (For example, to send a message about the Pokémon in the 2nd slot of your party to your friend named “darkfox1234,” you would type /iv 2, darkfox1234)

So, now that you know all there is about EVs, what are you waiting for?
Download the latest client patch HERE to check out this new feature!

Remember: Soon, we will release some exciting items related to Effort Values of a Pokemon! So stay tuned and as always, don't forget to get involved by giving us your valuable feedback!

Thank you all for being patient and enjoy. See you all Online.

LunaticJames

Content maker
Pokemon World Online 1.95.x Announcement backups

Once again into the void. Adding onto our 1.95.1 patch, is some more, much sorely wanted and needed focus on the battle scene and giving the Pokemon a treat themselves with a growing list of move fixes and held item abilities added.

A few other notable changes from there are:

- Visible Gender Icons
- Status effect potions and Repels added
- AI battling tweaks
- Switching a fainted Pokemon in PVP now doesn't require input from the opponent
- Statuses do not overwrite each other any longer
- More held items
- 25+ Added/Fixed moves
- 25 Added/Fixed abilities

A larger list of most Client/Server updates for this patch and subsequent fixes, and touch ups can be found over on Donar's Dev Log

As a test as well, 1.95.2 has been made as a small patch instead of an entire download to be integrated with 1.95.1
Newer players will need to install both in order to play the game, both of which can be found on the download page located here.

Hello again and welcome to PWO.

Our previous update, 1.95, featured a few minor major errors which caused players to not be able to play or get stuck constantly, which we have aimed to solve in this patch update.

Authenticating on login - Should be fixed
Random and mostly constant NPC freezes - should be fixed.
Weird glitched sprites - Should be fixed

There have also been some minor tweaks made, such as the ability to turn off the night/day cycle separately to weather. As well as default settings applied to Follow sprites and client border window.

Some updates made in 1.95 are slowly being implemented by our scripters across the lands, such as the Animated Pokemon NPC's.

You can find the download links for the latest client here.

This is what we have been working on. This is what you all have been waiting for!
Players, here is all that is included in the 2015 Spring Updates:

Held Items:
Held items are now supported!
The following held items will be effective in battles and on the field:
-Leftovers.
-Stick when held by Farfetch'd.
-Razor Claw
-Soothe Bell (Can be held to increase happiness gain by 1.5x when held. It is no longer a consumable item that immediately gives happiness to a chosen Pokemon.)
(More held items will be added in the future)

Any newly caught Snorlax will be holding Leftovers by default.
Any newly caught Farfetch'd will have a 5% chance to be holding Stick.

Item Management:
-If a pokemon has a held item, it will be displayed in its hover menu.
-To give an item to a pokemon, right click on the item's name in your backpack and select 'Give Item'
-The Pokemon's menu now has Take Item options to remove held item from any Pokemon.
-The pockets in the backpack have been reorganized for convenience.
-You can right click an item in the backpack to discard it. You can also retrieve tossed items with a command.

The following commands have also been added for managing items:
/giveitem <Position 1-6>, [Item Name].
/takeitem <Position 1-6>.
/discarditem <Item Name>, [quantity].
/retrieveitem <Item Name>, [quantity].

New Abilities:
-Hyper Cutter, Natural Cure, and Shed Skin were added.
-The abilities Blaze, Torrent, Overgrow & Swarm have been fixed.

Entry hazards are here:
-Spikes (stack up to 3 times), Toxic Spikes (badly poisons if stacked) and Stealth Rock made functional.
-Rapid Spin now removes all entry hazards as well as leech seed
-Confusion and Curse are lost when Pokemon is switched out during battle now
-Confusion, Curse & Seeded status are lost at the end of a battle.
-Status damage no longer gets triggered on battle end (e.g a pokemon hitting itself after the player runs away)

Hotkeys: (Optional)
One of the various long-awaited features to be implemented in this update! You may now assign at most three items to hotkeys from the PWOptions.ini file in the Pokemon World Online folder - this works for any item that has a use outside of battle. To assign a hotkey, right click Pokemon World Online and open file location or search for the file called PWOOptions.ini, then use the ASCII key for that button. (for example, to make your hotkey “e” you’d give the hotkey a value of 101.) Here is a reference sheet for those of you that might need it: http://www.theasciicode.com.ar/

This requires pasting the following text over your PWOoptions.ini file:

[Game]
Remember_Pass=0
Username=
Password=
Shadow=1
Sound=1
Follow=1
Weather=1
Chatbubble=1
BattleIntro=0
Volume=-6100
ChatHistory=10

[Hotkeys]
Hotkey1 = 49
Hotkey2 = 50
Hotkey3 = 51

Hotkey1 Item = Bicycle
Hotkey2 Item = Old Rod
Hotkey3 Item = Wind Surfboard

Chat History: (Optional)
-Chat history is now stored in the client, and the number of saved chat messages is configurable by setting 'ChatHistory' in the 'PWOOptions.ini' file in the 'Game' section.

This also requires the text in the spoilers above.

Several Move Fixes:
-Absorb, Leech Life, Giga Drain & Mega Drain can now heal.
-Solar Beam, Sky Attack, Razor Wind & Skull Bash now require a charge up turn.
-A few missed moves that could still be used in a recharge turn have been fixed as well.
-Curse has been fixed; if used by a ghost type it takes half of it's max HP and applies a curse to the target
-Status Moves such as Hypnosis no longer are affected by type immunity.
-Leech Seed damage/heal calculation has been fixed.
-Return & Frustration now change attack power based on happiness
-False Swipe now leaves 1 HP with the target when used.
-Super Fang no longer is affected by damage halving caused by burn status
Several other moves: Gyro Ball, Grass Knot, Low Kick, Brine, Eruption, Water Spout, Reversal, -Flail & Heavy Slam have been fixed.

HUD:
-The HP bar uses the three available colours: Green if the HP is greater than 50%, Yellow if the HP is greater than or equal 20% and less than or equal 50%, and Red if the HP was less than or equal 20%.
-The EXP bar uses a blue color.
HP and EXP bars' formulas were corrected to indicate the real measure of the remaining HP/EXP percentage.
Non-Volatile statuses are now visible on the HUD and in the hover menu.
Pokemon icons are now updated to Aevero's new sprite pack.

In-Battle Screen:
-Opponent's Pokemon is drawn larger.
-User's Pokemon was doubled in size.
-Aevero's new sprite pack is used so that the full back of the Pokemon is visible.
-User's battle info shows both held item and non-volatile status if existed.
-The HP bar on the user's battle info uses the 3 colours: Green, Yellow, and Red; depending on the remaining HP percentage.
-HP value was added to the user's battle info to indicate the correct value for HP instead of forcing players to look at the hover menu.

Block Feature:
A new blocking feature was added. Unlike the /ignore command, the /block command will store blocked users in the block.txt of the client file so they are not lost on end of session. Here are the commands:
-/block <username> will block all messages from a user, so both PMs and any messages in channels
-/block <username> again will unblock the user and unhide any messages in channels
-/block will give a list of blocked users, this list is also shown on login to remind of blocked users

Note: Blocking a user will also block yourself from sending them PMs. This is to avoid any abuse of this feature. Also, blocking staff is not possible.

Happiness:
-Pokemon no longer lose Happiness upon fainting in PVP
-Pokemon fainting outside of PVP now lose 1 Happiness (previously 5)
-Gaining Happiness on level up now works according to Gen 5 standards
-As noted earlier, holding Soothe Bell now gives 1.5x on all positive Happiness changes and has lost its old functionality.

Follow Sprites:
-Follow sprites now use a new template.
-The size of the follow sprite is now dependant on the actual size of the sprite file.
-The visible follow Pokemon is now the first un-fainted Pokemon in the party.

Window Layout:
-Default Windows style window was implemented in the client without the usual custom border.
The client can switch between the Default Widnows layout and the custom layout using the 'Skins\Settings.ini' file.
This is experimental. If you run into bugs with this mode, reports would be highly appreciated.

More Music:
Many tracks have been added to the client thanks to the work of the composer group, which, while their work is far from done, has been a long term project. Some of the compositions are custom, as well, so enjoy!

..And a lot more!
There are several bug fixes and code optimizations! And you will definitely be able to feel the difference. Even the biggest map loading time is down to 3 seconds from previously 40 seconds.
You can now see foot prints and bike prints on sand tiles! An animation for water tiles has been added as well.
Every little thing - even the mini-map in game - has been updated and fixed.

The changes listed above have been heavily tested by all of us to make sure you all are able to enjoy the game without any errors. But, we’re only a handful of people, so if there's any problems do let us know and we will try to fix them as soon as possible. We hope you can continue to enjoy our online game, Pokemon World Online - a perpetually growing MMO.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Re: Pokemon World Online 1.95

So much time since we had a huge update like this.
Much appreciated.

mad30

Youngster

I expected more...

This... this disappoints me.

J0X1

w0FX17N.png

8)

AndyMister

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Andreyy

Good: D
Good work, thanks for your effort with the Game.
Thank. 8)

shizzle02

i cant connect to the game it says (System: Connection Refuse: The Server is Locked for Staff Access Only) :( plss help

DomT.

Youngster

Awesome Work Guys!! Really Appreciated. ;)

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer

Thanks for opening the old fashioned windows , now i could see the light coming.

beafleaf

still can't log in, do we have to completely re install PWO or will it update itself?

LunaticJames

Content maker

beafleaf said:
still can't log in, do we have to completely re install PWO or will it update itself?

You will need to do a complete install as we do not have an auto-updater for the game.

Jhanex

that is awesome update :) hope will be nice

PaawanTono

I just downloaded from Mediafire and when i tried to install it. Setup showing errors in missing music files

Nikola

Youngster

Good to see updates going around. I will be leaving my impressions as I go. I haven't been able to LOGIN STILL so I will only mention what I noticed till that point.

1. First thing I've noticed is very bad choice of Login music, sloppy and loud...pot and spoon. It's supposed to be relaxing and calm. It reminds me on funeral. So I expect you to fix that.
2. Useless or outdated tips; http://i.imgur.com/s9DvWAA.png
3. Lack of resource compression.
4. Download links are stuffed with forgery warnings; http://i.imgur.com/jqevVin.png
5. DirectX drawing used wrong without optimization. CPU usage is a bit higher in 1.94 than before. at least it is for me.
6. Super glitchy way of map requesting and processing.
7. Not n^2 sprites.
8. UPX compression.
9. Version hardcoded and given to everyone to read easily.
10. TOS says not allowed to amend and alter the client while client itself is open source.
11. When closing client it opens again and tends to run in background.

- As for better comment, it is nice to see things happening but you need to work more around directx stuff and mathematics and more important on security stuff. I will update this post with more bugs and exploits found as I go or make new post.