[Event] Spring Forth to the Blue Archipelago![CLOSED]

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Guii is right. A hidden NPC has been a staple of all PWO events for around a year now. The idea was envisioned as a way of rewarding players who try to interact with everything on a map, regardless of whether it's obviously an NPC or not. Every event will have a hidden NPC that will award an extra voucher to whoever found it first. The location is chosen randomly and not shared with anyone other than relevant members of Staff. On this occasion, it just happened to be that the same person who made the map was first to discover it.

GuiiHenrique

Jobey said:
GuiiHenrique said:
Scarface~ said:
cause it seems no one have told us ther's a hidden npc in the map anyway good work and thx for the event

Dang... No one needs to warn, pay attention to past events, and use their experiences at future events.
If in the previous events had a hidden NPC, why this would not have?  '-'

It should still be mentioned that there is a hidden NPC to look for, especially considering that I know of only one event since I started last June that had a hidden NPC. Not that it matters, I wouldn't have wasted time looking for it anyway, but other players have the right to know :)

What do you mean "other players have the right to know"? No players knew about the existence of an NPC hidden in the event, and I think it should continue like this since this is the essence of it.
In 2015 in Spiritomb event we already had an NPC of this type (who ended up giving away something unique in the game), soon after it appeared again in the event of cyndaquil, skarmory, among others. Following this logic, I started looking at all the events that I participate in, can be wasted or I can end up earning something (as happened). The fact is, PWO is not exclusive to a single player and was not made at the time you created your account, if you saw it only once, it does not mean that it only appeared once in the whole game story.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I think you mean history and I'm not saying its only appeared once, I'm saying as far as I know, but that may have a lot to do with PWO only having 3 events since I started in June 2016. Anyway, considering there are tons of new players, most do not know about the Hidden NPC, you dont have to give details, players should still have to look hard and long for the NPCs but players should still be given a heads up IMO. :)

GuiiHenrique

Jobey said:
I think you mean history and I'm not saying its only appeared once, I'm saying as far as I know, but that may have a lot to do with PWO only having 3 events since I started in June 2016. Anyway, considering there are tons of new players, most do not know about the Hidden NPC, you dont have to give details, players should still have to look hard and long for the NPCs but players should still be given a heads up IMO. :)

No ... Actually I do not want to talk about history or to say what people have seen or should do ...  Just because I created the map, I put it in my mind that I should not give an opinion or give any feedback about the Event, but the moment I saw comments like "You think it's fair the map creator to find the hidden npc", I changed my thinking and decided to participate in the conversation, because (hmmm) I was curious and wanted to know how far it could go.
Finding a hidden npc can happen to anyone, this is actually a stroke of luck. I searched for experience with previous events and ended up finding it, however I might not have found it and just wasted time.
Aaaah, and in relation to not knowing the existence of a npc of this type ... From what I remember in the first event in which he was present no one was warned and yet he was found, and after that I did not see anyone using an argumentation plausible or accusing someone for having found it. The fact is that some use this as motivation for upcoming events and others will find it unfair because they are not warned (this is a personal decision)... I just know that I will not wait for things to just happen in an easy way.  ;)

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
GuiiHenrique said:

No ... Actually I do not want to talk about history or to say what people have seen or should do ...  Just because I created the map, I put it in my mind that I should not give an opinion or give any feedback about the Event, but the moment I saw comments like "You think it's fair the map creator to find the hidden npc", I changed my thinking and decided to participate in the conversation, because (hmmm) I was curious and wanted to know how far it could go.
Finding a hidden npc can happen to anyone, this is actually a stroke of luck. I searched for experience with previous events and ended up finding it, however I might not have found it and just wasted time.
Aaaah, and in relation to not knowing the existence of a npc of this type ... From what I remember in the first event in which he was present no one was warned and yet he was found, and after that I did not see anyone using an argumentation plausible or accusing someone for having found it. The fact is that some use this as motivation for upcoming events and others will find it unfair because they are not warned (this is a personal decision)... I just know that I will not wait for things to just happen in an easy way.  ;)

"The fact is, PWO is not exclusive to a single player and was not made at the time you created your account, if you saw it only once, it does not mean that it only appeared once in the whole game story"
I was saying I think you meant "history" instead of "story". As in "The fact is, PWO is not exclusive to a single player and was not made at the time you created your account, if you saw it only once, it does not mean that it only appeared once in the whole game history"

Also I didn't once say it was unfair that you found the NPC, in fact I have no problem with it. I just stated it may be good for players to be given a heads up, not saying it has to be easy, I for one will always look for them for now on since supposedly they are part of every PWO event. My statement was many are not aware that hidden NPCs are common in PWO events because since I started I only know of one hidden NPC and that was in the Fossilween event (which by the way it was mentioned there was one in that case) and since it was not in any other events I assumed (as many others perhaps do) that it was a one time thing. If you feel this has been a personal attack on you, I apologize for your lack of understanding in my statements. Anyway, best of luck with what ever you do on here. :)

Rigaudon

Youngster
TL;DR

What was viewed as unfair:
Older players having been to other events already knowing the hidden NPC existed. Newer players/players who haven't been to past events had no way of knowing.

What was definitely not unfair:
The creator of the event map finding the hidden NPC, in particular. He was given no notice or hints and knew as much as anyone else did, which meant looking through the map tile by tile like everyone else.

Gotta learn to split the differences.

GuiiHenrique

Jobey said:
GuiiHenrique said:

"The fact is, PWO is not exclusive to a single player and was not made at the time you created your account, if you saw it only once, it does not mean that it only appeared once in the whole game story"
I was saying I think you meant "history" instead of "story". As in "The fact is, PWO is not exclusive to a single player and was not made at the time you created your account, if you saw it only once, it does not mean that it only appeared once in the whole game history"

Also I didn't once say it was unfair that you found the NPC, in fact I have no problem with it. I just stated it may be good for players to be given a heads up, not saying it has to be easy, I for one will always look for them for now on since supposedly they are part of every PWO event. My statement was many are not aware that hidden NPCs are common in PWO events because since I started I only know of one hidden NPC and that was in the Fossilween event (which by the way it was mentioned there was one in that case) and since it was not in any other events I assumed (as many others perhaps do) that it was a one time thing. If you feel this has been a personal attack on you, I apologize for your lack of understanding in my statements. Anyway, best of luck with what ever you do on here. :)

Naaa, I never thought that a statement of yours was a personal attack, you were just the one who kept active in the conversation ... Giving your feedback by saying how you think it would be best for everyone, and me, I just tried to say that I am based In experiences with past events to try to find things in future events (and I think more players should do that).
The problem is that lately I have observed (mainly within the game) some players accusing or wanting to talk about justice, with opinions based on nothing. Then the problem worsens when others are influenced and the rumors begin to spread.
As I said earlier, I only decided to participate in this conversation after reading a comment that I was directly involved with, and again that comment did not present any argument enough to form such an opinion or convince someone else. Anyway, I do not want to say what everyone should do or how to act, but I think if you want to talk about someone, present a good argument and especially do not disappear.

Relicanth

Youngster
Banned
Regarding the Hidden NPC:

Its been around for almost a year. I was the only who firstly implemented it during a mapping contest (Julia to be exact) cause I have... weird ways to implement stuff... stuffs that Rigaudon also likes it.
During past event Banette hinted said NPC to be around and told us only that time he revealed the NPC's existance (thats because few of them werent found so I had to made it to be public through a hint).

All players that posted in this topic about the NPC joined the Fossilween event and also talked to Banette, so I take this as being aware said NPC exists. Please guys dont skip dialogues ;3

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
[/quote]

Naaa, I never thought that a statement of yours was a personal attack, you were just the one who kept active in the conversation ... Giving your feedback by saying how you think it would be best for everyone, and me, I just tried to say that I am based In experiences with past events to try to find things in future events (and I think more players should do that).
The problem is that lately I have observed (mainly within the game) some players accusing or wanting to talk about justice, with opinions based on nothing. Then the problem worsens when others are influenced and the rumors begin to spread.
As I said earlier, I only decided to participate in this conversation after reading a comment that I was directly involved with, and again that comment did not present any argument enough to form such an opinion or convince someone else. Anyway, I do not want to say what everyone should do or how to act, but I think if you want to talk about someone, present a good argument and especially do not disappear.
[/quote]

Agreed :)