Event Quest Improvement

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
Isguros and Klay were talking about event related stuff, and I jumped in, and an idea was born.

Directly from Discord:

IsgurosToday at 10:12 AM

(Klay) "why it'd be closed one day of the week?"
If the lore is what you're worried about; you could say that the person is swamped until then, or that they have a sick aunt named Margaret or Gertrude they need to look after or something.

KToday at 10:13 AM
and if you spacebared that NPC before, you don't have to wait until Cookday

[10:14 AM]
because you can tell the lady her auntie is fine and has long teeth

Rygar Today at 10:59 AM
Optional Side Quest: Get Autie her medicine or wait for her to recover on her own.

IsgurosToday at 11:06 AM
That's a good idea. That way there is a failsafe for when you're not able/willing to put in the time (or are unlucky), but there's an option to speed things up as well.

thunderclap

Youngster
Can you explain what this suggestion is about? None of these jumbled thoughts make sense to me..

Isguros

Youngster
Can you explain what this suggestion is about? None of these jumbled thoughts make sense to me..

I guess the idea was to minimize the luck factor involved in certain strenuous event quests (like that awful part in this year's dreaded Valentine's Day event quest (obtaining ten 20% drop items from Tier3 Pokemon)). So even if you're out of luck/time, or if the staff accidently messed up with the odds or whatnot, you're still able to complete the quest in a time that's acceptable for the staff as well.

The "first part" of this conversation was a response to another part of that same questline in which you had to wait 24 hours until you were able to progress. The idea that was suggested was that instead of a wait timer there'd be a predetermined date/time set which should be reached before you're able to move on; in this case: "Cookday", like Klay mentioned above. Much like the intended subject of this thread, this was meant so that players that had fallen behind due to one reason or another would be able to catch up a little to those who went ahead.

thunderclap

Youngster
Thanks for the explanation. Still not fully clear: when cookday is reached, do all players advance, or only those who had already begun the quest task? If the latter, is there a recurring cookday for newcomers?

Wouldn't this suggestion result in everybody completing the quest, regardless of time spent? If that were the case we couldn't have nice prizes like Frost Eggs anymore.

Klay

Youngster
As I understood in Discord, players can't go further in the quest until Cookday is reached

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
The idea being, for those who want to expedite things they can complete a quest and advance their quest line prematurely. Anyone who has bad luck, or just lacks time to play to advance the quest line, has a start date set for the next part of the quest to begin regardless of if you were able to advance the quest or not.

Chef: "My Aunt is Sick and I am taking care of her so I can't cook for you right now"

You can either wait for the Aunt to get better on her own, which would take like 7 days, or you could do quests to get medicine which would heal the Aunt and free up the Chef to cook for you at an earlier date.

thunderclap

Youngster
So newcomers to the event would never even get to play that part of the quest? Like the "open the gate" task in the Ditto/Tepig event?

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
There could be some sort of attempt requirement. There is plenty of room to work with in creating an event.