[ECONOMY] Forcing players to get rid of their poks

Klay

Youngster
IMPORTANT

Reminder of what this thread is about:
-ranked pvp which resets every 2 months and in which you can only use poks acquired less than 6 months ago

Benefits:
-a new reason to play for (potential new) (active) players
-more transactions between players (and rebirth of pvp-oriented guilds)

Cons:
-relies on an influx of new battlers/hunters to work
-some old battlers whining because they're also collectors and thinking they'll be forced to take part in that ranked pvp system

yes, I used the word "whining" because these battlers are the reason this thread is still alive, so I have to keep them against it no matter how >8D

Last edited:

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
My concerns would be how do I find enough good pokes to make a team? 6 months isn't enough time to hunt 6 pokes and train them.

Klay

Youngster
Then be:
-creative, to build a team that doesn't relies much on high rarities ;
-fast, to train what you found in time ;
-confident, in your battle skills (not like these noobz who only believe in perfect IVs).

Other players would have the same issue as you, everyone more or less starting at the same step

Also, as said in the main post, everything in this color are examples and obviously need serious thoughts for a realistic adjustment
And doesn't really mean to be discussed by players, in the end only staff knows how they would like it to work if they're about to add something similar

Last edited:

whisMEAT

Youngster
Well,i think even a month is enough to create a good team. Agreed to klay . 6month is neccessary if u really would go with a/some t3+. And more then one.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
If we are going to have a Ranked PvP, I would prefer it have pokemon listed so you can pick your team, like on showdown. Then it's not about who got luckier during hunting, or who has more money to buy good pokemon. Personally owned pokemon would be perfect for casual PvP. I'm sure the top battlers wouldn't care if we had this setup since they're good and would get more battle invitations and more competitive battles, and the "fresher" players would like it since they know they would at least stand a chance, albeit a slim one (just not as slim).

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
If we are going to have a Ranked PvP, I would prefer it have pokemon listed so you can pick your team, like on showdown. Then it's not about who got luckier during hunting, or who has more money to buy good pokemon. Personally owned pokemon would be perfect for casual PvP. I'm sure the top battlers wouldn't care if we had this setup since they're good and would get more battle invitations and more competitive battles, and the "fresher" players would like it since they know they would at least stand a chance, albeit a slim one (just not as slim).
So another way to limit effort needed in game right? :/

Last edited:

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
A way to make it fair. I hate losing because other players are luckier/ richer. And you're leaning on my buttons pretty hard. -_-

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
A way to make it fair. I hate losing because other players are luckier/ richer. And you're leaning on my buttons pretty hard. -_-
It is fair, you know what those players all started with? 0 hours, 0 pd, and 0 other pokemon. The difference is the time and effort they spent getting to where they are at.

Klay

Youngster
It is fair, you know what those players all started with? 0 hours, 0 pd, and 0 other pokemon. The difference is the time and effort they spent getting to where they are at.

Not relevant to what Rygar is talking about, aka the ranked pvp suggestion. Also, if it continues to be like that, I'll ask Jinji to lock this thread.

a Ranked PvP [with] pokemon listed so you can pick your team, like on showdown

Then people who are actually playing (and not just battling) would not be rewarded for spending time in PWO, but for spending time testing it on Showdown. Also teams would almost never change unless there's a bug exploit, staff adds newer generations or people start to use a strategy that has an effective counter requiring weird setups.
If you ever played MtG, think of it as a booster draft tournament: you find random stuff, choose what you'd want to use, and then battle people with it.

owned pokemon would be perfect for casual PvP

Sorry if i wasn't clear about what this "casual PvP" would be, but it's basically what current PvP is atm: any pokémon you own can be used

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
So maybe 3 PvP, Casual, Competitive, Ranked? With casual of course just being for fun with whatever. Competitive and Ranked could each have their own rewards, but I currently haven't much idea as to what those rewards may entail. Competitive for those who catch their own, ranked for my suggestion. Improved?