[ECONOMY] Forcing players to get rid of their poks

Boora

Youngster
Oi, imho the only issue is lack of players, including myself i guess.
more people >more variety of pokes (Iv's and shinies) more people battling , right now you just need to see a players playtime to know if you can win against them or not for obvious reasons, but if there were players around to buy FOR EXAMPLE tier 2's or even none shiny high iv pokes a new player could farm and get funded. and than you'll be able to see some fair fights.
pwo is (FOR THE MOST PART NOT TALKING ABOUT THE ACTIVE PLAYERS DONT KILL ME ) just an event based game now, with no self sustaining economy due to lack of players, what actually needs to be done is content, daily quests would be a #1 priority, new maps would be a close second, than automated events, could be lottory kind of events or progression based events, activities that entice players to log in and play, we have the players base, we just need to give them a reason to log on, and it's evident if you just look to the left to the other pokemon games (again don't kill me, just an honest example) .

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Oi, imho the only issue is lack of players, including myself i guess.
I think most here don't seem to realize that and create these economy suggestions looking for a band aid fix. Although I'm not a fan of swarms one should be happening every fortnight and I think rig left things in place so that can happen. At the beginning of the month the swarms should be announced so people know whats coming for that month. While we await that next major update swarms is probably the only thing that will keep the player base more active and the dip between events will be less noticeable. As far as dailies, login rewards etc I don't think they can be done without a major client update.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
@justme1306 Comparing a snorlax to a rattata is hardly a fair comparison. You would at least need to compare a shiny snorlax that has horrible, sub 20 IVs, to a non-shiny snorlax that has perfect 32 IVs.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
If the idea is to bring decent pokemon onto the market, and people who OWN Decent pokemon aren't willing to give up the pokemon they worked so hard to collect, the ANSWER is OBVIOUS. Don't make them so goddamn hard to find!

That is the only correct answer but staff is being stubborn. They're still treating this game like it has 500 players online 24/7 instead of coming to terms with the facts that there's barely 20 players online. Fewer players playing equals fewer rare pokemon being found and making their way onto the market.

If it takes 50 hours on average to find a rare pokemon, and I need to collect 300 just to find 1 decent one, then that is 15,000 hours just to locate ONE decent pokemon. If I went overboard and hunted EIGHT Hours a day, then it would take me over FIVE YEARS to find just 1 Decent pokemon. And it would take me THIRTY YEARS to assemble a decent team so I can finally start battling. I don't feel like throwing my life away on a GAME.

When this game finally does die, I hope staff let players have the field day they deserve and hand out pokemon like tick tacks so everyone can finally have fun battling/ collecting.

Mallow-

Youngster
Maybe people need to find other ways to make the teams competitive. Or maybe people should be more accepting that you never going to win every time and the more important thing be that you enjoy the Pokemon you have or be finding.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
If the idea is to bring decent pokemon onto the market, and people who OWN Decent pokemon aren't willing to give up the pokemon they worked so hard to collect, the ANSWER is OBVIOUS. Don't make them so goddamn hard to find!

That is the only correct answer but staff is being stubborn. They're still treating this game like it has 500 players online 24/7 instead of coming to terms with the facts that there's barely 20 players online. Fewer players playing equals fewer rare pokemon being found and making their way onto the market.

If it takes 50 hours on average to find a rare pokemon, and I need to collect 300 just to find 1 decent one, then that is 15,000 hours just to locate ONE decent pokemon. If I went overboard and hunted EIGHT Hours a day, then it would take me over FIVE YEARS to find just 1 Decent pokemon. And it would take me THIRTY YEARS to assemble a decent team so I can finally start battling. I don't feel like throwing my life away on a GAME.

When this game finally does die, I hope staff let players have the field day they deserve and hand out pokemon like tick tacks so everyone can finally have fun battling/ collecting.
So another one of those people just wanting stuff handed to you eh? XD Funny, you do realize that easier pokemon makes pokemon even harder to sell right? :p That in turns makes the economy worse, why buy something if it would be made so easy to just find it? The only time pokemon should be easier to find is just during events/swarms.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
@TheStinkiestGarbodor

I can appreciate that sentiment. As a battler I can impose rules for battling such as "horrible IVs only". It is the only way I'll ever get battles.
IVs really aren't everything in a battle, vital IVs do make a slight difference but not as much as one would think. However I would recommend that if you want perfect IVs and want them on any pokemon you want, I would strongly consider you giving showdown a chance whenever you have an itch to battle and mainly use PWO for fun, hunting, and socializing. You may find it more enjoyable. Stressing over what pokemon you want but have a hard time getting ruins the game for you, trust me, I know, I once took a very long hiatus from PWO with lack of shiny encounters (mainly spending most of 9 months hunting a shiny vulpix and never finding it LOL) being one of a few contributing factors.

whisMEAT

Youngster
For the battlig part; developing games mechanics and making unbroken things working will give more balance and "better" battles imo . Even if all those other issues remain as such, just curing battle mechanics would make it hella better place to fight. İ prefer crappy pokemons with troll strategies and my main issue is moves/abilities not working; obstacle is not paying celadons monthly income to a pokemon. And for other strategies i agree to jobey. U barely use 4 iv in a poke and mostly 3. And u can pretty much do with 2 iv used,which is very reliable strategy imo.

And i agree to jobey, sadly,ur main battle ground should be showdown for various reasons.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
@Jobey I'm just stating facts. "Forcing players to give up their pokes" is something that won't work. The entire community will rail against that idea to our dying breath. If we want higher quality pokemon on the market, we can't get them from players since players are not willing to give up their pokemon so the only way to get more quality pokes for sale is by catching them which would require the rarities to be lowered so they can actually be caught which won't happen. Also, there are no events or swarms.

I never said anything about stuff being handed to me, and I resent that remark. I don't consider all the hours of hunting I have done to be nothing. I've spent 250 hours in 3 weeks hunting pokemon just to get tanked IVs on the only 1 I found. That's 12 - 15 hours per day hunting, throwing my life away trying to get something nice just to have it tank and be worthless and need to spend another 250 hours hunting a 2nd.

There is no need for it to be THAT ridiculous. If staff intended for the extremely excessive rarities to be compensated by having their rarities drop during events and swarms then I guess that is fine with me, but it inspires players to only play during events. And it seems that currently they do not have the ability to do events once a month like they once intended, further backing up my cause that the rarities need to drop some.

I don't see how pokemon being cheaper means they won't sell. Humans are lazy blanks. And basically all the old players already have pokemon and aren't buying, so the only players who ARE buying pokemon are new players since they don't have all the nice pokemon yet. But you know what else they don't have? Money. There are money pits in this game, and no way to make money, that is a big problem for the economy. Pokemon will sell just fine at just a few mil each.

Another part of this is I think people are talking about economy and strictly seeing the monetary value of pokemon. Even if pokemon were only worth 1/10th their current value, my S Gligar would still be worth 4 Old IV Shiny Ninetailes. Everyone needs to stop desperately clinging to the old economy, the game has changed, and so to must the economy.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
You can't have easier pokemon and have a better economy at the same time, it doesn't work that way. If pokemon are easier to catch they become harder to sell and pokemon lose value because of over inflation. If you don't want to spend time hunting then don't hunt, if you don't want to pay the asking price of a pokemon then don't buy it. Dont let the game rule your life, if you are having fun then great! Keep at it! If its becoming a chore and making you unhappy, take a break from what you are after and focus on something else. Regardless, easier pokemon isn't the answer, it's like raising minimum wage, it looks good, it sounds good, and when it first happens it's great for those who benefit from it. Then it happens, everything begins to catch up to it and the people who struggled before are struggling again (and sometimes even worse off), the only difference is those who were doing okay before are struggling too.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
Easier, not easy. How many times do I have to point that out? Spending 10 days worth of life hunting and getting 1, and I need 300 to find a good one, like I said, that will take 5+ YEARS to find even 1 good pokemon. EASIER! Meaning, maybe I can find one a month. That's definitely not asking too much.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
10 days hunting is too much for a good pokemon? LOL How much time do you think these people with good pokemon spent? Again if it's not worth it to you then don't spend the time hunting, nobody is forcing you. Also you do have that shiny gligar you can sell or trade of you want something bad enough XD

whisMEAT

Youngster
But if we execute this possibilities with game's active days' being-played hours ,it makes sense. Daily played hours , if we calvulate by {number of people}X{hours} is huge . (Talking about crowded times)even event times are huuuuge without having old activity.
if game were to be a bit more crowded in players ,this would be awesome chance so that server is not floded with s t5 ,so trade make sense and hunting a rare stuff is fun .
Yup, it is rather a block in fewer player activity,but changing it will ruin all the fun imo.and will result frustration from players.
İt is a handicap we had to do with ,in given fewer number of people.

Last edited:

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
But if we execute this possibilities with games active days' being-playing hours it makes sense. Daily played hours , if we calvulate by {number of people}X{hours} is huge . (Talking about crowded times)even event times are huuuuge without having old activity.
if game were to be a bit more crowded in players this would be awesome chance so that server is not floded with s t5 ,so trade make sense and hunting a rare stuff is fun .
Yup it is rather a block in fewer player activity,but changing it will ruin all the fun imo.and will result frustration from players.
İt is a handicap we had to do with ,in given fewer number of people.
Yeah, I mean the way I look at it is PWO doesn't have alot after the gyms, I mean it's a pokemon game, you hunt and/or battle. If you make some rare pokemon easier to catch then what is there to pursue in game? I think people often overlook the fact that PWO is a MMO pokemon game, it's a pokemon game designed to be played for thousands of hours or more as opposed to the handheld pokemon games that are just for 100s of hours or less.

shodan21

Youngster
If its becoming a chore and making you unhappy, take a break from what you are after and focus on something else.

this. or take a break from the game entirely, which is what a lot of people do. (like me.)

but rygar has a good point - that "x years to find a good poke" is actually person-years, so with more players, the rate at which such pokes are spawned by the game increases (even though any one player will not find them any faster on their own). so rare pokes are overall much rarer when there are 100 player-hours spent hunting in a given time period vs 1000 player-hours; thus with the current playerbase, rare pokes are significantly rarer than when the server was routinely full. on the other hand, if rates are adjusted to account for that... and then suddenly a ton of people come swarming back, well... economy gets rekt cause theres a sudden flood of rares. so simply making pokes easier straight up isnt really a viable solution. and if the rates are corrected when the playerbase increases, well, great, we've introduced another form of the "old shinies" problem where people who happened to play during a particular era of the game got the opportunity to catch great things that will probably not be caught again for a long time.

hard problem to solve without actually solving the problem of the small playerbase.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
10 days hunting is too much for a good pokemon?

That's not what I said. It is 10 days of hunting to get a GARBAGE pokemon that I have to release because its IVs suck and no one wants it. And not just 10 days of 8 hours a day, that's 10 days of 24 hours a day hunting time. It takes closer to THREE HUNDRED DAYS to get just ONE "good" pokemon. I don't feel like throwing my life away hunting 24/7 for 300 days in a row just so I can have a tyranitar with good IVs.

I think people often overlook the fact that PWO is a MMO pokemon game

I haven't overlooked that at all. I state that since this is a MMO it does need to be harder than the handhelds. What I am saying along with that is that this game has it's difficulty cranked One Notch too high and needs to come down.

if rates are adjusted to account for that... and then suddenly a ton of people come swarming back, well... economy gets rekt cause theres a sudden flood of rares.

Yes, what I would like to see is the rarity rates fluctuate according to how many players are online. I have no idea how hard this would be to implement but it is something I feel is needed. If these current rates are for when there are 500 players online then that is fine. But with only 5 players online the odds should be 100 times better to maintain a reasonable flow of high quality pokemon without over saturating the market. Even at 100 times better odds, it still isn't great odds of finding one.

whisMEAT

Youngster
But u need to improve this idea according to time zone issue(at least). Simple example, if i just log in a bit at morning here or even some in mid day,which is pretty easy for anybody, ill see 5-10peaopl at game. And sometimes i have seen 3-8. İ can simply abuse by being in differebt and less played region.

İ didnt liked the idea....but it is fertile i think.but not in this form.and i cant think rn what to add