Easy suggestions for quick improvement of PWO.

Cleveland

Youngster
Add 'Alphabetical' to Sorting Options on Playerdex

Current Sorting Options:

76x7ILY.png

Please consider adding 'Alphabetical' to the list of options. Thanks!

thunderclap

Youngster
Added some things to the list. Some of which were things implemented, but I wanted to cross 'em off for some momentum ;).

Cleveland

Youngster
Add more Items to PWO

Included the following items in the suggestion:

Lucky Egg - holder gains 150% xp. It's traditionally held by wild Chansey's. It's another item that goes all the way back to Gen II. Really good for training pokes while hunting.

Light Ball - doubles Pikachu's atk and spatk. It's traditionally held by wild Pikachu's. This is less of an essential item and more of a "fun" one and makes Pikachu a viable battler.

Ice Stone - evolves Eevee to Glaceon.

Black Sludge - each turn, if holder is a Poison type, restores 1/16 max HP; loses 1/8 HP if not Poison type. VERY good item for Poison battlers

Everstone - prevents evolving

ShinyMuskyEZ

Youngster
- Add more time to pvp, I'd believe that 60 seconds are not enough for brain games in pvp, so I hope the time will be increase to 2 mins.

- I don't know if players feel that grinding in E4 is a bit boring, since you've known all the moves and the average money you could gain for each run.
My suggestion is open hard mode for players that already defeated E4. Well, of course you could choose which type you want to join, just like regular and custom mode in BT.
I suggest that NPC and pokemons in each battle should make us as annoyed as possible, maybe including:
+ Evs trained
+ Using in battle effect items
+ All pokes level 100 or higher
+ Best moves against our E4 pokes, as you may know what we use for E4 already, due to the thread we've discussed
+ If the above options might not work well, at least make us annoyed as best as possible: let the NPC's pokes use priority moves, like let arcanine use extremely speed and zoroak use suckerpunch in same attack ; or if arcanine used extremely speed already, but weavile still alive, players will use potions in that turn so let blissey use twave, stealth rock and spamming minimize ( maybe change softboiled into twave cause chansey hold leftlovers already and gya can ddance and sweapt our remaining pokes later )
So what's the reward? More exp and more money gain.

- After read my new suggestion for E4, players will just choose normal mode so they can maximize the value of Amulet Coin and MS, that's not wrong too. But I think their should be a limit for E4 runs per day. For example, 10 normal runs per day, else if you want to do more runs, you have to join hard mode. That would prevent players from farming EZily like that, having thousand of wins or so. I know I know, many players will hate me because of this post, but guys, this is pokemon game, not money farming to see which have most Pokedollars win. We need to hunt, planting berries, doing BT,... rather than just sitting for hours to farm money and wait until swarm or event come, that's not fun anymore.

This is my suggestion, I hope staffs will consider it and make the game better :)
MuskyEZ ~

Last edited:

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
- Add more time to pvp, I'd believe that 60 seconds are not enough for brain games in pvp, so I hope the time will be increase to 2 mins.

- I don't know if players feel that grinding in E4 is a bit boring, since you've known all the moves and the average money you could gain for each run.
My suggestion is open hard mode for players that already defeated E4. Well, of course you could choose which type you want to join, just like regular and custom mode in BT.
I suggest that NPC and pokemons in each battle should make us as annoyed as possible, maybe including:
+ Evs trained
+ Using in battle effect items
+ All pokes level 100 or higher
+ Best moves against our E4 pokes, as you may know what we use for E4 already, due to the thread we've discussed
+ If the above options might not work well, at least make us annoyed as best as possible: let the NPC's pokes use priority moves, like let arcanine use extremely speed and zoroak use suckerpunch in same attack ; or if arcanine used extremely speed already, but weavile still alive, players will use potions in that turn so let blissey use twave, stealth rock and spamming minimize ( maybe change softboiled into twave cause chansey hold leftlovers already and gya can ddance and sweapt our remaining pokes later )
So what's the reward? More exp and more money gain.

- After read my new suggestion for E4, players will just choose normal mode so they can maximize the value of Amulet Coin and MS, that's not wrong too. But I think their should be a limit for E4 runs per day. For example, 10 normal runs per day, else if you want to do more runs, you have to join hard mode. That would prevent players from farming EZily like that, having thousand of wins or so. I know I know, many players will hate me because of this post, but guys, this is pokemon game, not money farming to see which have most Pokedollars win. We need to hunt, planting berries, doing BT,... rather than just sitting for hours to farm money and wait until swarm or event come, that's not fun anymore.

This is my suggestion, I hope staffs will consider it and make the game better :)
MuskyEZ ~
Go study Maths.

Cleveland

Youngster
Elite 4 brought players back to the game, has retained players, and yet you want to nerf it? I understand the intention "they can just go do something else" but the reality is they will just logoff indefinitely out of frustration.

Grinding Elite 4 for money has literally been a staple of Pokemon games since the birth of the franchise in 1996. This is nothing new. It took many years in PWO but players finally got a semi-reasonable way to earn money in-game (it still takes several hours just to get 1m even at absolute maximum efficiency), taking that away now would be very harmful to the game and its playerbase. The suggestion of nerfing Elite 4 is not something that should be taken seriously.

With that said, Hard Mode could be neat. It's something that has been brought up before, too. But it's something that may be better suited for the Battle Tower, which I think most would agree could use an update post-Sevii implementation. Either way, though, as long as the pokes remain constant, players will find the optimal way(s) to defeat them.

Take care ~

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
You want me to suggest more thing? Like you just can catch 10 pokes per day?
To the player ShinyMuskyEZ, my advice is to stop crying about everything. It seems like everything has to be how you want it. Don't be mad that we can grind to get all the tickets for Disney land for the rides while you couldn't.

ShinyMuskyEZ

Youngster
Elite 4 brought players back to the game, has retained players, and yet you want to nerf it? I understand the intention "they can just go do something else" but the reality is they will just logoff indefinitely out of frustration.

Grinding Elite 4 for money has literally been a staple of Pokemon games since the birth of the franchise in 1996. This is nothing new. It took many years in PWO but players finally got a semi-reasonable way to earn money in-game (it still takes several hours just to get 1m even at absolute maximum efficiency), taking that away now would be very harmful to the game and its playerbase. The suggestion of nerfing Elite 4 is not something that should be taken seriously.

With that said, Hard Mode could be neat. It's something that has been brought up before, too. But it's something that may be better suited for the Battle Tower, which I think most would agree could use an update post-Sevii implementation. Either way, though, as long as the pokes remain constant, players will find the optimal way(s) to defeat them.

Take care ~
If you said so, players keep grinding E4, then where will we spend money on when there're no hunters? Waiting for Emily to released pokes?

Cleveland

Youngster
If you said so, players keep grinding E4, then where will we spend money on when there're no hunters? Waiting for Emily to released pokes?
Lol.

Have you...looked at the mart lately?

Here's a couple screenshots of the top pokes listed on the mart, right now:

1693330318703.png

1693328067534.png

1693328116750.png

The supply of good pokes in this game will never, ever, be a concern. The issue is still, even after 2 years of Elite 4 being in the game, a lack of money in the game for players to buy these pokes. If anything, we should be talking about how to further buff money earnings for players.

Nerfing Elite 4 wouldn't make players hunt instead. It would just make them inactive again like they were before the Elite 4 was added to the game.

As a brand new player still, you seem to lack an understanding of the state of the game. Or you're just trolling. Or both. Maybe after you've hunted the same pokes on the same maps for 10+ years like many of us, you'll understand.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Could have saved your powers for studying. Prepare your bag for tomorrow now. Leave the grinding for us. I'm grinding 750m to buy the Emilly pokemon.

Last edited:

thunderclap

Youngster
Open all old inactive Playerdex profiles for viewing. People will PM them to annoy with offers, forcing the old players to think about PWO again.

Bonus points if we can search all open Playerdex profiles at once using Mart search filters.