Dragons Den..key word "Dragon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOULTAKER1994

Ive been in DD since about 4 hours now.. ive come across 130+ Poliwags ,30 Karps and 2 gyras.. 0 Sights of an actual dragon..
purpose of this is why is there a Poliwag in "Dragon"s Den.. how is it even related? Dx
are they any chances of dratini actually showing up in DD? cause i kinda think its a myth T_T

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Horribly Rare means at minimum the chance of seeing one is 1/10,000 encounters in those caves. However dragons have always been harder to find even than the harder to find HRs... I was the second person in DD and even though others found dragons in that time it still took me 11 days to find my first bagon.

Having said that, revisiting the spawns on DD has been mentioned many times and has been brought up again recently. We do want spawns to make sense.

Tendou

Everyone wants Dragons Den pokemons to fits the cave's name but i dont think it will be an easy deal. As stated by Bulbapedia Magikarp/Gyarados/Bagon/Dratini are the only ones that were rightly placed due the Dragon Egg Group http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... (Egg_Group)

If Staff consider an update Ekans would prolly replace woopers, arboks for raticates, horseas for poliwags, seadras for guagsires and prolly carvanha would be uncatchable so kingdra would replace it as VR spawn. Well this is not a suggestion anyways i just picked some in that dragon egg group to build a better dragons dens and still not that great. But i do also want so see changes in future

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]I also spent too many time hunting for dratini. In all time that I have played PWO I only found 2 dratini of which, one was defeated to the old Dragon's Den Quest. Currently I have trained on Mt. Silver for almost 2 weeks and found no Larvitar. But I know that's common for some players, I only hope to find one fastly. [/glow] T_T

SOULTAKER1994

if spawns cant make sense cant it get rid of useless pokes like poliwag atleast T_T make it like wl2.. just the rares Vrs and Hrs..

Tecknician

Some of this I take serious, but to those whining about not being able to find hrs I say get over it or make a new topic and discuss it as that has little to do about it being proper placement of Pokemon and more about you crying about not being given something you want for once in this game.

I do think there is merit at re examining some of the spawns. From hat I heard the original spawns had a Pokemon that lived in the desert and that Pokemon was replaced by back, there was probably other inconsistentcies with the spawns as well and nobody complained because of the spawns only being common/uncommon/rare so no one cared anyways.

I would say seadra and the Ekans family would fit depending on their habitat. Spawns need to make sense like "would this Pokemon be found in an underground cave"

SOULTAKER1994

Empress Teck said:
Some of this I take serious, but to those whining about not being able to find hrs I say get over it or make a new topic and discuss it as that has little to do about it being proper placement of Pokemon and more about you crying about not being given something you want for once in this game.

I do think there is merit at re examining some of the spawns. From hat I heard the original spawns had a Pokemon that lived in the desert and that Pokemon was replaced by back, there was probably other inconsistentcies with the spawns as well and nobody complained because of the spawns only being common/uncommon/rare so no one cared anyways.

I would say seadra and the Ekans family would fit depending on their habitat. Spawns need to make sense like "would this Pokemon be found in an underground cave"
i understand horsea and seedra being spawned in the dragons den but don't understand the poliwags Dx

Merse

Youngster
Dragon's Den is not called that because only dragon types can be found there but because Dragons can be found only there. But that doesn't mean that exclusively dragons live in that area! Just imagine, in any habitat all around the Earth several species can be found. Even in the oceans you may find bacteria, arthropods, mollusks, fish, even mammals! Or in a cave you any find mostly bats and some insects, but there are many lizards, snakes, bears etc. that also could live there. The ecosystem is a complex thing and you can't expect to find only one kind of lifeforms in an area.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm guys. But I do believe horsea would need a salt water habitat whereas the cave is most likely freshwater.

Merse

Youngster
That was my first thought too, but then I checked it on the wiki and it is available at Park raceway, Jotho Safari, ROute 6, Route 10... These places have fresh water lakes only.
That makes me believe that Horsea doesn't need salt water, but it needs a relatively big and warm water body with a lot of light (seahorses live among hydrophytes). Clearly there is no light in the DD hence no food or hiding place for Horsea.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I would trust the handheld spawn places for pokemon more than a lot of PWO as it is today. Many of the spawns are in need of revision and hopefully that is not too far off. If, however horsea is also found in freshwater areas in the handhelds I guess that would make it possible in DD also.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
When myself and Dovee originally worked on ideas for Dragon Dens spawn, Pokemon like arbok and other dragon egg group Pokemon were spawned there. But I think crenel it was, got mad and had the spawns changed as he said it didn't make sense.

SOULTAKER1994

Bis_Eastwood said:
When myself and Dovee originally worked on ideas for Dragon Dens spawn, Pokemon like arbok and other dragon egg group Pokemon were spawned there. But I think crenel it was, got mad and had the spawns changed as he said it didn't make sense.
snakes in a cave .. could be possible :(

DTRex

Website
twitter.com
how you come to know if a lake has fresh or salt water ? i can't taste it. this makes no sense. we should horseas in DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.