Display Token Store shiny odds; Make TS "daily deal" discount stack with MS discount.

justme1306

Youngster
Added the TS shiny rate to OP. Based off my own data, I believe this number (~1 in 80) is fairly accurate. You're welcome.

Disclaimer: I do NOT recommend anyone to shiny hunt in the token store. It's a horrible value proposition, far worse than selling tokens to other players. I've spent more than I care to admit finding the above statistic..
good job taking one for the team :p

Emilly

The chance of shiny is disclosed in the game, so what would be the real reason for not disclosing it in the store too? There is an item in the store that increases my chances of finding shiny in the store, but by how much? if I don't even know what my chance is, how will I know how much it was raised to? I agree that we players know this probability in order to better decide what to do with their Tokens. Whether selling to another player, buying items or even some poke from the store, whether shiny or not. But to know the best decision to make when using your token, knowing your real chance of getting a shiny (buying normal and/or using the item that increases the chance) is very important, as each player has a different opinion, example: If the probability is 1/50, there will be a player who will find it very difficult and will choose to do something else with their token, but there may be other players who think that 1/50 is a great possibility and then prefer to try shiny when having to do another action with your token. I hope you understood my opinion and I would really like the staff to clearly state what my chance of getting shiny is in the store or at least explain the reason for hiding this information from us players.

sYYn

The chance of shiny is disclosed in the game, so what would be the real reason for not disclosing it in the store too? There is an item in the store that increases my chances of finding shiny in the store, but by how much? if I don't even know what my chance is, how will I know how much it was raised to? I agree that we players know this probability in order to better decide what to do with their Tokens. Whether selling to another player, buying items or even some poke from the store, whether shiny or not. But to know the best decision to make when using your token, knowing your real chance of getting a shiny (buying normal and/or using the item that increases the chance) is very important, as each player has a different opinion, example: If the probability is 1/50, there will be a player who will find it very difficult and will choose to do something else with their token, but there may be other players who think that 1/50 is a great possibility and then prefer to try shiny when having to do another action with your token. I hope you understood my opinion and I would really like the staff to clearly state what my chance of getting shiny is in the store or at least explain the reason for hiding this information from us players.
As someone who just wasted 300 usd to roll for shiny trapinch, I would really like to know the odds before I roll again xD

Boora

Youngster
As someone who just wasted 300 usd to roll for shiny trapinch, I would really like to know the odds before I roll again xD
Well that's on you , and i'l explain why.

the ideology goes as follows - you like the game ? you want to contribute ? you'll get a reward.
the reward has a small chance of being shiny.
and that's that.

The staff said multiple times they do not want you to spam a certain pokemon just to get it shiny and waste your money.
and econommy wise you could've probably bought like 5 of them if you just sold tokens.
i used to think just like you and probably could be quoted on it but times change and honestly it's just not worth it.

thunderclap

Youngster
As a player who has wasted lots of money in the TS, I agree that it is NOT worth it, but the odds seem to be roughly 1 in 80, on average. We do not know if some pokemon are rarer than others. And we do not know if the odds change due to the whims of staff. If you want TS shinies it's far better to sell tokens like Boora suggests, because A) it will probably be cheaper overall, and B) you can target one to buy with IVs that you like, instead of rolling the crap-covered dice for random IVs. Also keep in mind that the popular TS shinies have generally been overhunted so their values may be lower than you expect.

BTW it was revealed by Aevero today that the shiny odds of hatching eggs in-game is the same as that of regular wild pokemon, and is affected by having membership. So, 1/8196 without membership and 1/2048 with.

Last edited:

Isguros

Youngster
If this whole situation wasn't about tricking people to spend money, this thread would be hilarious.

Emilly

I think it's fair to know our chances before trying.

Emilly

As a player who has wasted lots of money in the TS, I agree that it is NOT worth it, but the odds seem to be roughly 1 in 80, on average. We do not know if some pokemon are rarer than others. And we do not know if the odds change due to the whims of staff. If you want TS shinies it's far better to sell tokens like Boora suggests, because A) it will probably be cheaper overall, and B) you can target one to buy with IVs that you like, instead of rolling the crap-covered dice for random IVs. Also keep in mind that the popular TS shinies have generally been overhunted so their values may be lower than you expect.

BTW it was revealed by Aevero today that the shiny odds of hatching eggs in-game is the same as that of regular wild pokemon, and is affected by having membership. So, 1/8196 without membership and 1/2048 with.
Does in-game hunting and egg hatching have separate or joint probabilities? example: If I just got a shiny in the game and go to hatch the egg, my chance of being shiny is probably almost impossible? And if it's the opposite, I've been in the woods looking for shiny for many hours and it hasn't appeared, if at that time I were to hatch, would I have a slightly better chance?

thunderclap

Youngster
Does in-game hunting and egg hatching have separate or joint probabilities? example: If I just got a shiny in the game and go to hatch the egg, my chance of being shiny is probably almost impossible? And if it's the opposite, I've been in the woods looking for shiny for many hours and it hasn't appeared, if at that time I were to hatch, would I have a slightly better chance?
All probabilities are random and separate. Never joint.

sYYn

Those are rookie numbers, gotta get them up to wasting 100-300 usd every week for like 6 months with nothing to show for it but a shiny wurmple you didnt even want xD
Meh ill probably give it another shot in a minute, I think i spent 500 to get my (s) garde. I think I got him about 2/3 of the way in.

edit: lol strikeout

Yeah I dont intend to sell my TS shinies.