• Change chance to 2.5% only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change Damage to 1.5X only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dovee

Youngster
Poll: How should Critical Hits Change?

The current critical hit system in PWO is a bit off.....
There are way too many per battle. I see at least 2-3 per battle and this doesnt include the ones you dont see because you would have fainted either way.
Crits should change from X2 damage to X1.5 like Gen 6 handhelds did. The rate at which they happen should also change to 2.5%.
This would make a critical hit actually rare. Critical hits should not alter battles as much as they currently do.
Using moves like thunder holds a risk..... using confuse ray has a risk..... moves like those actually take somewhat of a chance. Critical hits right now in PWO are just plain bad. There are chances you take in battles that can pay off big for you.... with how the crits currently are sometimes I dont even know why I am battling. It is very frustrating spending time to create a good team and thinking of good starts and trying to remember what pokemon people start with and use in general just to create a good plan and consistently get hit by 2, 3 or even 4 hits in a game and keep losing because of it. Until PWO has a more complete battle system critical hits are just bad for the current game, the system is too incomplete to just have random huge hits all over the place. yes crits are random but without a good solid battle system random huge game changing hits are just silly.

So to conclude....

Crits hit too often
For how often they hit they are too strong

I have also included a poll for this

nemo55

I do agree, a little tweak in this system in regards to crits must be changed. And I believe the outcome of this poll should determine the change.

Just one question. What is the percentage chance to hit now?

Voted: Change damage to 1.5x only

KstersSlade

I dont battle much anymore but I feel damage should stay the same and the % should be changed. Thats really the problem here, critical hits happen too often so change that from happening.

Sufyan

I agree with dovee here, in my case i see 3-4 crits every battle.
They are the chief determiners of battles now. Imo 2x damage is fine but the occurance of crit must decrease (voted : change rate to 2.5%)
On a side note, i dont knw if its a problem/bug the misses of moves like Hydro pump and Thunder have increased a lot. I just wantd to knw if the staff have decreased the hit rate?

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Crits partially remove the aspect of skill from battles, in favor of luck. Regardless of them being a part of handheld battles, if there were an option for it, I'd vote for their complete removal. I've seen how much frustration can come from losing because of several crits, it makes great battlers question whether or not they even want to battle anymore at all. It's something that was a mistake to put in the handhelds IMO.

out of these options, I vote for the most extreme option, 2.5 chance and 1.5 damage. Even with 2.5% chance they will happen 2-3 times a battle sometimes...

The-Predator

Youngster
I do not agree with this, even if they happen too often teck worked on em and she said they are working as they should and i´ve been playing pokemon stadium lately (from N64) and it seems to happen just the same like in PWO (so i think is fine) and it is suppose to be worked this way, it is not only strategy, skills but luck as well

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
KPyppo said:
i´ve been playing pokemon stadium lately (from N64) and it seems to happen just the same like in PWO (so i think is fine) and it is suppose to be worked this way, it is not only strategy, skills but luck as well

The minimal chance of getting a critical hit has always been 6.25% ever since gen 2 (this includes gen 6 as well). And since the gen being used as a reference in pwo is the 5th, damage should remain 2x until the transition to gen 6 is made, where crits do 1.5x damage instead.

The-Predator

Youngster
kaiser6tn said:
KPyppo said:
I do not agree with this, even if they happen too often teck worked on em and she said they are working as they should and i´ve been playing pokemon stadium lately (from N64) and it seems to happen just the same like in PWO (so i think is fine) and it is suppose to be worked this way, it is not only strategy, skills but luck as well

The minimal chance of getting a critical hit has always been 6.25% ever since gen 2 (this includes gen 6 as well). And since the gen being used as a reference in pwo is the 5th, damage should remain 2x until the transition to gen 6 is made, where crits do 1.5x damage instead.

Sorry i was talking about the total remove of critical hits, but didnt quoted it :p

masterchiface

I am in favor of the chance of a crit being reduced but i feel as if the damage should remain the same.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
kaiser6tn said:

This is also my opnion. :p

dageki

The poll is biased and offers no option to leave critical hits as they are, which many players here and elsewhere have already said they would prefer. With such bias I feel the usefulness of this poll is exactly zero.

Buggot

It must just be luck, because I don't see many criticals o_O
Is there an option for: "no change"?

Dack

masterchiface said:
I am in favor of the chance of a crit being reduced but i feel as if the damage should remain the same.
I agree with you :p