Community Spotlight Interview w/ Ramensnoodle #1 | The AOK Times

AsianKid

Youngster
SpotlightRamen.png

Community Spotlight
The "Community Spotlight" is an interview series under The AOK Times that aims to provide greater insight into the thoughts and minds of PWO's amazing community members. It follows a Q&A format and the responses are released with the expressed consent of the interviewee.

SpotlightRamen3.png

Interview w/ Ramensnoodle
jCDlsM6.jpg

1. So who is Ramensnoodle?

Hi, my name is Ramensnoodle, Ramens for short. I started so long ago I have trying to pinpoint exactly when it was , but I know I was looking for a Pokémon mmo around 2010ish. At that time, I stumbled upon PWO but registration was limited/closed at the time, but I believe I was able to get an account created either late 2010 or early 2011. It’s no secret I’m what regarded as one of the most dedicated Hunters/Collector with a playtime of 22155hrs and counting. Outside of pwo I’m an IT Technician from the island of Trinidad and Tobago, spending most of my free time on some mmo or another.

2. I notice you’re a prolific Original Trainer (OT) Hunter within the PWO scene. Take me through the process of how you chose this path. Has this always been the intended goal or something which developed during your time in PWO or other Pokémon-related areas?

When I started I treated the game like any other pokemon by just trying to fill up the playerdex and have pokes at the max level at the time. But sometime after crossing the 1500hrs playtime I realized I needed a new goal and because of how I usually play mmo’s OT was the easy choice. I like the grind and since at that point I knew I would not be trading anymore collecting OT became it. Although it was my new goal at first, I didn’t have much luck as I had not got in a shiny hunting routine till somewhere past the 2000-hour mark. And was not fully hunting with ms till the 6000hr mark which looking back is a major regret.

3. So from my understanding, you used to be a part of the late-guild “OblivionGael”. Led by Kaiko and comprised of many notable figures, including none other than LunaticJames—who has since taken up a role as GE. Can you highlight some enjoyable experiences you had during those times and speak a little bit about your solo guild “ChopSticks”?

Ogael was always fun, I hesitated to join at first as guilds are usually hectic in the games I play. This will come as a shock but I was an active chatter in our irc. Dmon randomly giving me a Shiny Lickitung out of the blue was cool. King1234 getting his shiny snorunt I was very happy for. And luna yelling at me for asking for item numbers because I wanted a heads up to create my own icons gave me a chuckle. As for chopsticks it started as a means to store pokemon which I ended up scrapping because of the transfer limitations. I thought about opening it to the public but with the current population I think it would become stagnant very quickly.

4. While on the topic of fond memories, is it true that your first “Very Rare” (VR) shiny was a Pinsir? Can you tell us what that was like and the feelings you were going through? Have there been other shiny encounters that have also had the same if not similar impact on your hunting career?

Truth be told getting that pinsir didn’t feel all the spectacular. It was during an event and I just felt like ok cool something I don’t have check that off the list. I would say I only really liked getting it because of its shiny color compared to most other shinies. One of my last extended hunts without membership was spending 6ish months at Splitting River Reserve and getting my 2nd Shiny Makuhita right before a server dc was way more exciting. I think I might enjoy the hunt more than finding the pokemon.

5. It is evident that you’re a celebrity enigma of sorts. Does your public image ever affect how you conduct yourself? Or does the “background noise” not bother you at all? From my observations, it appears that you see yourself as just another hunter who lets their collection do the talking.

I prefer not to have the attention but other than some minor things it doesn’t really affect me. Haven't really changed how I play much other then just limited chatting but my pms are always opened unless someone is spamming.

6. I’m sure you’ve participated in almost every single event imaginable. Were there particular ones you found to be the most interesting, fruitful, or otherwise fun to partake in? Do you like the idea of more frequent swarms as of late?

Nothing beats the first Festive town event I participated in where I was the first to get the “hidden” reward of being able to evolve Eevee into Jolteon. The 2013 Halloween event was another fun one probably because I had ms for it. Although not quite a normal event but the opening of Mt. Silver.
Not really a fan of swarms and they need to stop calling it that. Originally when Rig did them they were swarms as it was limited to just a few hours now its just Mini Weekend Events. Even though I’m not a fan they are good for the game currently as we have a monthly activity to look forward for. I like that they added evo items to drop depending on the spawn and would like to see the return of the limited time vender in some form.

7. One question I’ve been dying to ask is: What’s your favorite type of ramen? What sort of noodles, broth, and toppings go into your delicious bowl?

I haven’t had a bowl in years and I would usually have what was around or easy. Usually it would be a chicken broth with carrots and cauliflower with either some pieces of chicken or beef. If I’m feeling extra hungry would add some liver dumplings.

8. What piece(s) of advice would you give to your past self who just started in PWO?

Because I was a bit stubborn and how the game was when I started would be to get membership from the start. How the spawns were back then it was so much more valuable and to find cooler pokes with how much I hunted. Its probably my biggest regret.

9. Name three things that you would like to see in PWO and why.

A full graphical and UI overhaul. I get the some might feel nostalgic with how it currently looks but it needs to brought into the modern graphical age. We can use skins for the ui but the default tiles feel dated. I hope with the Sevii/Hoenn some sort of map tile update comes along with it at least.
A pvp system with random queue so you don’t know your opponent and seasonal rankings. You can select level, team size and clauses and then queue. Any good mmo has this and with pvp being a big part of pokemon it a must have.
Player housing/Secret base. Somewhere you can customize and make you own. Just seems like something cool to have.

10. Where do you see your career heading? What Pokémon has been capturing your attention?

I have been thinking about this for months and quitting has been closer to the top more than ever. Among other things current limitations for some time has made me not able to hunt the way I prefer to. Returning after I took a break I decide to play a bit differently and the 2 goals I had on return has been completed for some time. Those goals were hitting 20k and completing staryu set. Been doing swarms to add some variety and looking forward to if Jobey starts his hunting event again. I just need 4 more pokes to finish all tier 2 but haven’t been motivated to actually hunt but it just happens that one of those is available where I usually chill at in Cianwood. If I do manage to finish tier 2 I have my eyes on completing the pikachu set and moving up the dex from there.

1794019.png

Wrap-Up
First and foremost, thank you Ramensnoodle for taking the time to be a part of this interview despite feeling under the weather. I think I speak for many members of the PWO Community when I say that you are a living legend. I really do hope that you continue to stick around PWO as long as your hunting heart desires. There are many terrific hunters out there but only one Ramensnoodle, and I'm honored to have had this opportunity to interview you. I wish you the best in your numerous endeavors. And with that, the first Community Spotlight issa wrap! Keep your head on a swivel because who knows what trainer The AOK Times will look to interview next?

AOK_logo.png

Last edited:

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
That's yet again another really awesome effort made. Gotta keep up with such stuff because it revives the community and keeps it active. Also hats off for Ramens ofc. One of the game's OG legends.

LunaticJames

Content maker
Ogael was always fun, I hesitated to join at first as guilds are usually hectic in the games I play. This will come as a shock but I was an active chatter in our irc. Dmon randomly giving me a Shiny Lickitung out of the blue was cool. King1234 getting his shiny snorunt I was very happy for. And luna yelling at me for asking for item numbers because I wanted a heads up to create my own icons gave me a chuckle.

Ramens hosted a guild hunting event at one point. I still have the prize. Think he was the commander of one of the guilds internals. Can't remember which though, maybe Emerald Division.

EDIT: He was labelled as an Elder.

wiqUt8u.png

I miss OG, lol. You are certainly the remaining Legend among all the Myths, Ramens.
AoAR886.png

desya

Youngster
Ok. I really enjoyed this interview. I ask you to conduct the following four interviews with the following people: DH94, Cleveland, Isguros, Darren. I will be very interested, and maybe others. Thank you!

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I'm just curious to know whether AK is planning to conduct another interview any time soon. If he hasn't already, that is.

desya

Youngster
The second interview with DH94, the third with PWO's Resident Gengar. It will be right.
I need to know why DH doesn't sell his rare pokemons.

gingerprimarina

Youngster
The second interview with DH94, the third with PWO's Resident Gengar. It will be right.
I need to know why DH doesn't sell his rare pokemons.
There was an explicit announcement about this in the pwo discord.
IMG_20221002_234538.jpg
Just thought I'd let you know.