Coding, Mapping, and Design?

Redwaller66

Hi guys, I am wondering what skills the current team at PWO have at the moment for creating updates to the game.

Scripting
- The language is Lua the game info says
-Who is fluent is Lua script, and who is half decent and who is learning?
-What are the barriers in terms of coding preventing the Hoenn region, or the pokemon leagues of Johto and Kanto, Hm moves to cut trees, waterfalls, dive underwater, and break boulders?

Map Editor
-I remember reading several years ago that the problem of creating the necessary maps for hoenn is that the current game engine doesn't allow overlapping layers such as in fortree city. Has this been remedied? What is stopping the creation of the new engine that can handle this?

What is the capacity to make content right now? I would offer to help with coding but I don't know diddly.

Last edited:

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Hoenn is actually fully mapped; the issue preventing its release is one of content rather than maps. The PWO Staff do not wish to release new regions and areas to the game without purpose for those areas, as we don't want a repeat of Johto. This mostly comes down to scripting, where the main hold-up has been manpower, something that has always been somewhat of an issue for us but which has been further strained since the Covid-19 crisis began.