Client Update 1.97

Donar

Don't be fooled, we have prepared a new update for you. This time focused on fixing and implementing features that frankly should have been there since a long time ago, including the PC offering box storage and being able to finally reach level 100.
While there has been staff testing it's impossible for us to find all bugs, so please do report anything you stumble upon on the Bug Catcher.

You can find the download links to the latest installer here: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=25997

Server:
  • Raised the max level to 100
  • Reworked the exp formula:
    PWO previously used it's own single formula based on exp yield to determine the amount of exp needed to level up. This has been changed to follow nintendos approach and use several different leveling curves.

The original curves have all been slightly modified to be more in line with what was previously used. This means in most cases the effort to reach LVL 100 with a pokemon should be about the same as it previously needed for 99, but the distribution won't be as extreme as it used to be. No more millions of exp needed for the LVL 95+

Note that exp for all Pokemon have been reset to 0 for their current level to avoid problems regarding negative exp
  • Introduced a box system for the PC:
    There are 36 boxes, each with space for 30 Pokemon (The max amount of Pokemon for an account stays at 1000 however). The active box determines where any Pokemon you obtain gets put into if your team is full.
    If the active box is full, the next free box will be used, so no need to worry while hunting.
    This change will also allow you to carry less than 6 Pokemon.
  • Added a random chance for a pokemon to turn into a shiny while in the last box ;)
  • Changed it so trade evolutions are triggered for every position, not just the first
  • Added a random chance for any legendary to appear anywhere in the world ;)
  • Lots of backend changes regarding maps and NPCs some of which you might notice as they get started being used
Client:
  • Implemented new tutorial
  • Added support for the new PC system
  • Fixed sudden lighting change when switching between an indoor and outdoor map
  • Beautified the display of links to PWO services. Try it out by posting the link to this announcement :p
  • Fixed multi-linebreaking; no more cut off sentences
  • Added Sevii mini map
  • Fixed NPCs triggering battles even though they weren't ready yet
  • Fixed GUI being unrepsonsive while the animations at the start of a battle play
  • Sped up the transition to already entered maps since the start of the playsession
  • Fixed NPC idle position - they are no longer looking like they froze mid step
  • Fixed visual teleportation of other players when they enter a battle
  • Fixed an error regarding teaching multiple moves at once
  • Fixed pressing spacebar sometimes not being registered
  • Other various smaller fixes

parquettistapazzo

Youngster
thank you very much! But... Is it all true? You know, being 1st of April and such...

EDIT: Argh, I had a beautiful Lance sprite! Where is it now?

Dannic

Catch legendary pokes ahahahah happy 1st april for all :)

Zouma

Have to say, Im seriously impressed. Really think this is an update which will liven the game up and increase users playing it. Massive thank you and congratulations to those who worked on this!

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Great job as always.

Only thing I'm not a fan of is the pc box being to visually small.

Nino.Brown

Cheers to a new update ad hopeful the beginning of fun PWO for new and old players

Thanks for the update.

ZzStaz

Thanks for the updates that you've add appreciate it so much ! :)
I like the new level reach cap that you've added maybe i will enjoy this game even more
+sevii island map is cool man ...
Have a good game to anyone !

parquettistapazzo

Youngster
my Lance sprite is back! Thank you!

I noticed I can use the bike inside buildings. Maybe this is a bug

Mooo

[glow=black]Amazing update stuff, Good Job!
Can someone give more info on this? (Added a random chance for a pokemon to turn into a shiny while in the last box)
not sure if i understand it. Is it random pokemon will turn into a shiny in box 36? or is it over time one will just magicly change into shiny??
[/glow]

Imbolc

Psst, I have heard that today is the first of april. Maybe, just maybe there are changes we should not take too serious.

talha.k

Does this update mean we can evolve Nincada to Shedinja and Ninjask at the same time?

MoJJo

When the update ends and i install the game in the last part it give me one error icon which says.Unable to execute file:C:\Program Files (x86)\Pokemon World Online\PWO.exe CreateProcess failed:code 2 Can someone please help me or suggest me to do something?

Jhanex

Finally what I want to reorder poke in pc box more easier now
thanks for the cool updates
Goodjob and keep smile :)