Client Update 1.97.2

Donar

This update has been a long time in the making and while it does not immediately bring any changes visible to players, it gives many new tools for the content staff to work with.
We have departed from our old custom scripting language that went by the name of XanaScript and will from now on work with Lua. For now all NPCs have been converted one-to-one and aren't yet taking advantage of the new tools available, but this will change over time.
The same applies to the newly added support for berry trees and Pokemon forms: they are now possible but you might not immediately see them put ingame.
Finally a battle timer for PvP has been put in that is currently set to 60 seconds per round.

This update has been tested by staff and a handful of players, but as always there is no guarantee for there to be no bugs. If you encounter any problems, please report them through the Bug Catcher on the Playerdex.

You can find the download links to the latest installer here: https://forum.pokemon-world-online.com/showthread.php?tid=25997

Server:
  • Replaced XS with Lua (along with many new tools for scripters)
  • Added new map options (more staff tools)
  • Added support for berry trees
  • Added support for Pokemon forms
  • Added online notification for friends
  • Implemented a PvP battle timer
  • Changed it so gym leaders can be instantly rebattled upon losing, EXP will only be rewarded upon winning
  • Changed it so your last Pokecenter is based on where you last healed, not by just entering a Pokecenter
  • Changed it so IVs start at 0 now, this should have been the case from the beginning, as this is how it works in the handhelds
  • REP is no longer awarded for beating NPCs, at the same time there are no REP requirements in place anymore
  • Fixed HP not visually updating when leveling up while in battle
  • Fixed effectiveness message not being displayed if defender fainted before the last hit of a multi-hit attack
  • Fixed Dragon Tail & Circle Throw to not active if the defender fainted
  • Fixed check for status moves that don't ignore typing
  • Fixed collision check for sideway ledges
  • Fixed crash when trying to start a battle with no pokemon / fainted party
  • Fixed old crash related to PvP (this also means there is no longer a 2 Pokemon requiremen)
Client:
  • Added support for Pokemon forms
  • Added support for berry trees
  • Improved performance slightly for font rendering
  • Fixed misaligned Pokemon chat links
  • Fixed an issue with npc movement collision checking on the edge of maps
  • Fixed not being able to trade when not having a full team of 6 Pokemon

JLewis55

hey, i am trying to download the new update but i clicked your link and it would not load for me. Thanks!

hejazia

Aside from LUA implementation, this update has a lot of popular changes regarding PVP and trading.

Mindless

Youngster
Awesome! Great job guys and ladies involved. Looks like the immediate focus was related to the current playerbase, kudos for keeping everyone in mind.

PyerreUchiha

Obrigado, estou muito feliz com essa atualização, esse esta sendo um bom ano para o pwo

Nino.Brown

Well done to all staff involve. Even though I don't see any changes, I'm sure others do.

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
Pokemon Forms excite me a LOT! Lots of possible events/quests! 1 vs 1 tournaments or NPCs could be possible too!
Battle Timer <3

"Changed it so your last Pokecenter is based on where you last healed, not by just entering a Pokecenter"
Any particular reason this change was made?

Paarthurnax~

Future~Sight said:
Pokemon Forms excite me a LOT! Lots of possible events/quests! 1 vs 1 tournaments or NPCs could be possible too!
Battle Timer <3

"Changed it so your last Pokecenter is based on where you last healed, not by just entering a Pokecenter"
To be completely fair, this is how it works in the main games so I imagine that is why this change was made.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Future~Sight said:

I had actually wrongly thought it was like this already, ever since it was also changed that talking to Nurse Joy is required to heal... oh well.

I think Donar missed a couple of bullet-points, but they're pretty easy to find when you start using the new client anyway:

- New Bag Pocket for Berries.
- The inventory now dynamically adapts to the actual length of all the items you have. This means that no matter how big your inventory gets, the bottom of the scrollbar will be the bottom of your list of items in that pocket; and same for the top. Fixes a previous client bug that set a hard limit on inventory size, meaning items could actually be unreachable if a pocket got too large.

Nshims

Thanks for the update, It's always nice to see updates
and realize that the situation is not described as it is most often.

I've been trying to understand every update but I do not understand what this is exactly,
"Added support for Pokemon forms" If someone can explain me,
maybe it's not something directly visible in game.

Rigaudon

Youngster
"Added support for Pokemon forms" If someone can explain me,

Things like multiple types of unown, Rotom, etc.

More examples can be found here:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_with_form_differences

Nshims

Rigaudon said:
"Added support for Pokemon forms" If someone can explain me,

Things like multiple types of unown, Rotom, etc.

More examples can be found here:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_with_form_differences

I've always thought that there was some way to solve this with something like Ditto transformation!
It's good to know that a dedicated method has been developed  :D .