Client Update 1.96

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
mad30 said:
Cool,

Let me be the first to start DEMANDING what should be next.

Level cap increased to 100
More regions
Easier shiny odds
Easier dratini odds
Remove dratinis ability to evolve
Force everyone to battle with level 100 shiny dratinis
And finally WE NEED MORE COWBELLS

Thanks,
Appreciative nobody
I started reading this just thinking 'who the hell is this person?' and then I read the name, never change mad <3

Belemuel

Nice update Donar! keep up the awesome work and the rest of staff as well

CharManDa

Good Job all who helped with this update, ty Donar for the laughs when u fell asleep working.
Excited for this update.... hope all is going well with bug catcher... GL

CharManDa da noob :p

GawertyXL

This update looks pretty dang nice. Been a long time since I can truly say I have been excited for a PWO update.

Good game guys.

JiyoSei

Impressive guys !
I have been off PWO for a long time and i come to find this ? AMAZING !
Great Job! you have to know that we acknowledge your efforts, that we LOVE this game and want it to be the BEST !

Animagus

Good to see you again aiizen. Thank you for the positive feedback :)

Same goes for everyone else who has downloaded the latest client for Pokemon World Online and helped the game improve. ^-^

talha.k

Great update, PWO team. Thanks to everyone who was involved in its release. I like everything about it, except one thing... Smeargle.

I wanted to catch a Smeargle so I could make it the ultimate wild pokemon catcher by teaching it Spore, Taunt, Mean Look and False Swipe. However, I'm afraid this is not possible.

Smeargle forgets the moves it sketches in PvP. The sketched move resets back to sketch after the PvP is over. I believe this is also the case with NPC battles, as mentioned by another player in game. So the only way to get Smeargle to sketch and keep the specific moves a player wants is to pray that a wild Pokemon uses the move against it. However, this is impossible with Taunt, because there are no wild pokemon with the required level for them to have Taunt in their moveset.

As far as I know, sketch also resets in handhelds after a PvP like in PWO. However in handhelds, there are double battles which allows Smeargle to sketch it's partner's move, and this isn't a possibility in PWO. So this basically makes Smeargle a pretty useless Pokemon.

If you can do anything about this, please do it so Smeargle becomes a useful Pokemon.

lillymai310812

As always - update ROCKS!!!!

But agree with talha - smeargle is a useless poke and ONLY good for hunting, and i feel allowing it to learn and keep via PVP would be great, if thats something thats difficult due to restrictions or problems, allow it to learn any TM as a "backup" - i know that would be the none norm way to fix, but the PVP learning moves is also no good.....

Love RB by the way haha!

scorpion-inferno

hello thank you for the update i'm trying it right now and it looks awesome, and i have a question : is there any chance that the rarity of the pokes in the area using /list will be visible on the chat instead of unknown ?

Maastis

Otherwise good update... only part I didn't like was this..."Item manipulating moves such as Thief work as described on Bulbapedia and in accordance to handhelds (meaning they are PERMANENT in wild battles, but only temporary in any other battle)"
Thats just so bull-crap, why the hell u guys made it work like in handhelds??? thats just stupid..... on handhelds u can load if some stupid poke takes ur item and its 100000 times more easier to get the item u want.... I lost leftover becoz of that stupid update ... very fun to farm some item for ages and then some stupid poke steals it and u never get it back!?!?! Then make it easier to get items if u make pokes to steal em from us...
My opinion 4/10 update, very bad...

Maastis

[glow=#e329c2]have you ever tried catching em? ( i'm sure you'll get it back )
If they are fainted, you might lost your leftover forever..

they made it work like in handhelds because "Pokemon World Online is a non-profit, free-to-play, fan-made MMORPG based on the original products" :)[/glow]​

I know...now... I assumed I would get my leftovers back when killing it. And btw it's just stupid to make online game work completely same way as offline game, becoz everything just don't work same way as if it would be an offline game... like this is one of the situation where it was just plain stupidity to put that in the leveling spot, like no one would use items there??... I'm 100% sure they knew people will get annoyed on it.... specially when they added item stealer to leveling place.. Like everyone would know u will NOT get the item back.
And on handhelds u can get ur item back...... just press the damn power button and magic happens... u get ur item back just by loading the save...

Maastis said:
My opinion 4/10 update, very bad...

[glow=#e329c2]just because this move? really?
the New Client Update its Better than before imo..[/glow]​
[/quote]

And YES ONLY BECOZ OF THAT, that 4 points came from all other working moves and abilities, and that -6 came from my frustration for losing item I farmed for ages to get...
Thats just stupid to put hypno with switcheroo to leveling spot where people don't even watch what they click while they battle, like people would look the battlelog... I know I dont...

Maastis

Didn't you notice the donar's note: when the client 1.96 released?
as I see, he tried to warn us about this "annoying" move.. you should read more carefull

with 545 fixed moves, minus 13moves that currently broken.. fixed some or maybe more abilities.. and so on..
i'd say thats an awesome work.. I can imagine how hard he works.. write code everyday/execute the program/trial and error..
*-* hmm more frustrating than just playing the game ;P

Not sure..maybe, but didn't obviously remember it?

And yeh... Overall good work tho, I was too frustrated when I typed my post's..
I hope they take that stupid move away from the hypno at the CC, or just take the whole hypno out of the CC.. I bet im not the last victim of those stupid hypno's