Event Christmas Clash

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
The prizes were obvious from the moment one was announced anyone that expected a shiny uc deserved to be dissappointed. You want to be given a shiny for doing something you was going to in the event anyways? I've seen this situation enough times to know that not announcing the prizes at the start leads to saltiness from winners, they just gonna speculate and be disappointed because what they given won't be what they built up in their heads.
Since rng was all people was complaining about in the event the rng in cyro was clearly more favorable than pyro. The amount of t2+ i killed in my first 1 1/2 farming for an orb was crazy. This is something I would liked looked into. Even the cryo quest i completed in like 15 mins.
Only thing I still want to see is smaller items like pokeballs be avaible for $ and not event drops. It does not have any real impact on things so the costs won't be high for new players.
I personally wasn't a fan of having to catch pokes I'd normally be killing but it did make the pc bug known and i was glad it wasn't a shiny encounter that happened when it popped up.

Kingstone

It was a great event, with new items, pokemons, tutors and quests, the maps had great pokemons for hunting, and we had a good time to hunt, Congratulations to all involved, Great Event.

GuiiHenrique

The addition of new items, pokes and good places for hunting has resulted in a great event. But the final award was disappointing. Again I did not understand the logic used in the PWO for the choice of prizes. Taking into account that in a previous Christmas event (not to mention others), totally pay to win gave the winner the chance to choose between Snover, Vaporeon and Spheal (also offering the options of choosing an established amount of one of these listed pokes or just 1 with a big increase in its shiny chance), made me believe that this award could be something really good or that would be a great incentive to future events since the rank was formed only by the merits of each player.
Anyway, devoting a few hours to pokes that normally I would not get was a choice of mine, but I could not stop sharing my frustration here and if I knew of the award earlier, I certainly would not have dedicated so much time.
Finally I want to congratulate the members of the winning map and the players who have dedicated their time on a good hunt. ;)

(S) Smeargle...

justme1306

Youngster
the event was great thanks to the staff - for the leaderboard i gave up on the first day - i mean...event started about 25th december and ended 14 january and knew if i had missed 1 day of hunting it would be over for me - thats mean about 20 days of hunting 10+ hours daily to stay top 10 lol so to be honest what ever the prize would have been - it wouldnt be enough to spend all my holidays time here and like ramenoodles said - if u expected shiny uc or something that big...wouldnt be fair for people who couldnt be around for 20 days 10+ hours daily in holidays

so thats been said - thanks to the staff and looking forward for next events :D

Relicanth

Youngster
Banned
Thanks for all the feedback. We try to improve based on feedback but we cannot empower too much a certain reward thats limited only for certain group of players. Its not fair, at least for me.

Even if some were dissapointed by the competition's reward keep in mind that allowing rare shinies to be given as a single ranked reward instead allowing everybody to have it (either as spawn or even as egg hatching) would have produced issues. There are some past pokemons, evolutions items or even moves players from today are sad to have missed them and they were avaliable as hunting/quest reward way. If those have a kind of impact already (cause some players gave us the idea to choose a past event item as reward) imagine rewarding players with limited and important items/pokemons that not everybody will have even if they are active in said event?

Also, we had Slugma, Onix and Growlithe as t1 spawn so in my point of view this was actually the best reward a shiny hunter or any hunter could have (with a bonus of having a chance to catch a lot of numels, castforms and torkoals, saving PD or tokens in the end that i know you guys wouldnt risk a lot of attempts on them) plus the free ms (lets blame lee for the rng >:O) for those who can hardly donate.

And to note: PWO never rewarded this amount of tokens/ms at once before so we wanted to show you guys the joy of getting gifted. If you were from the lost village im sure you left this event with shinies you couldnt afford before at all (even if they are cheaper now cause market stuffs) and desired items. I cant see any loss here.

Imo i cant see how we can reward players who have almost everything as well except with these limited opportunities to decrease pokemon's tier during events.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
Thanks for all the feedback. We try to improve based on feedback but we cannot empower too much a certain reward thats limited only for certain group of players. Its not fair, at least for me.

Even if some were dissapointed by the competition's reward keep in mind that allowing rare shinies to be given as a single ranked reward instead allowing everybody to have it (either as spawn or even as egg hatching) would have produced issues. There are some past pokemons, evolutions items or even moves players from today are sad to have missed them and they were avaliable as hunting/quest reward way. If those have a kind of impact already (cause some players gave us the idea to choose a past event item as reward) imagine rewarding players with limited and important items/pokemons that not everybody will have even if they are active in said event?

Also, we had Slugma, Onix and Growlithe as t1 spawn so in my point of view this was actually the best reward a shiny hunter or any hunter could have (with a bonus of having a chance to catch a lot of numels, castforms and torkoals, saving PD or tokens in the end that i know you guys wouldnt risk a lot of attempts on them) plus the free ms (lets blame lee for the rng >:O) for those who can hardly donate.

And to note: PWO never rewarded this amount of tokens/ms at once before so we wanted to show you guys the joy of getting gifted. If you were from the lost village im sure you left this event with shinies you couldnt afford before at all (even if they are cheaper now cause market stuffs) and desired items. I cant see any loss here.

Imo i cant see how we can reward players who have almost everything as well except with these limited opportunities to decrease pokemon's tier during events.
the poke's u said are in pyro lol and w hunted in cryo stantler was already t1 ingame same with swinub :p

Boora

Youngster

Hey reli, thanks again, the event was awesome, if you mean you can't give one side(cyro) more than (pyro) i agree with you ,but if you mean you can't a certain group called "winners" get more than the people who didn't win, well that's a rough one especially considering the staff set the competition up and the leaderboards,

No one was dissapointed apart from the first 3 places in pryo/cryo because they've put an insane amount of time into the leaderboards to get 15k tokens which is around 12m in-game, which isn't even enough to buy you a decent shiny T2.
I get what you're trying to do to include everyone in the reward and not make people feel left out, but guess what, someone caught a shiny glaceon, do we take it away from him because no one else got it ? no, he got lucky and spent a lot of time hunting and he deserves to have it , same logic goes for the people who spent 10+ hours every single day climbing the leader boards with a promise of a reward.
Also to note, no one joining or coming back to the game after the event will be able to get the orbs or the tutors as well, so saying you don't want exclusivity is kind of "???" since you just had exclusive items in the event,
Yes, i can imagine rewarding the 1/2/3 places with something exclusive because it was open for everyone and these 3 put in the most time and wanted it the most, sure others might be frasturated, but not because of what the reward is, becasue they've lost.

The spawns were dope, no one is saying they weren't even though you just included pryo spawns in your comment, cryo was amazing as well, but this isn't the point, no one argued that, what people are frasturated and don't get is why the leaderboard prizes were minimal, you're the ones who set up the competition, made leaderbaords, and promised a reward, it was advertised as something big, especially with the leaderboards.

I can see why you'd think it's a lot, you've never given out this much before, i get it, and if you're talking about the (MS) it's dope and amazing and no one can complain for getting free ms, but if you're talking about the token rewards, Well, 15k=around 12m, which isn't nothing, it's nice, but not 10hours a day for 2-3weeks straight "nice" , All i'm saying.

How you can reward players for what? you've made it a point to make sure we knew about the competition and make it a seperate thing from the event itself, it was an extra task, to catch every single t2+ we see, which in turn made people waste a lot of time catching instead of running and miss out on encounters.
, again the EVENT was 10/10 no complaints what so ever, but the competition is a different thing, you can't combine the two when you made a leaderboards which in turn encourged players to be on it to be top 10, to be first, some people are competetive in nature, and on top of that a reward was promised.

This is my opinion, it was stated by few players that i'm wrong, maybe i am, but hey :)
Can't help to think they way i do.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
Hey reli, thanks again, the event was awesome, if you mean you can't give one side(cyro) more than (pyro) i agree with you ,but if you mean you can't a certain group called "winners" get more than the people who didn't win, well that's a rough one especially considering the staff set the competition up and the leaderboards,

No one was dissapointed apart from the first 3 places in pryo/cryo because they've put an insane amount of time into the leaderboards to get 15k tokens which is around 12m in-game, which isn't even enough to buy you a decent shiny T2.
I get what you're trying to do to include everyone in the reward and not make people feel left out, but guess what, someone caught a shiny glaceon, do we take it away from him because no one else got it ? no, he got lucky and spent a lot of time hunting and he deserves to have it , same logic goes for the people who spent 10+ hours every single day climbing the leader boards with a promise of a reward.
Also to note, no one joining or coming back to the game after the event will be able to get the orbs or the tutors as well, so saying you don't want exclusivity is kind of "???" since you just had exclusive items in the event,
Yes, i can imagine rewarding the 1/2/3 places with something exclusive because it was open for everyone and these 3 put in the most time and wanted it the most, sure others might be frasturated, but not because of what the reward is, becasue they've lost.

The spawns were dope, no one is saying they weren't even though you just included pryo spawns in your comment, cryo was amazing as well, but this isn't the point, no one argued that, what people are frasturated and don't get is why the leaderboard prizes were minimal, you're the ones who set up the competition, made leaderbaords, and promised a reward, it was advertised as something big, especially with the leaderboards.

I can see why you'd think it's a lot, you've never given out this much before, i get it, and if you're talking about the (MS) it's dope and amazing and no one can complain for getting free ms, but if you're talking about the token rewards, Well, 15k=around 12m, which isn't nothing, it's nice, but not 10hours a day for 2-3weeks straight "nice" , All i'm saying.

How you can reward players for what? you've made it a point to make sure we knew about the competition and make it a seperate thing from the event itself, it was an extra task, to catch every single t2+ we see, which in turn made people waste a lot of time catching instead of running and miss out on encounters.
, again the EVENT was 10/10 no complaints what so ever, but the competition is a different thing, you can't combine the two when you made a leaderboards which in turn encourged players to be on it to be top 10, to be first, some people are competetive in nature, and on top of that a reward was promised.

This is my opinion, it was stated by few players that i'm wrong, maybe i am, but hey :)
Can't help to think they way i do.
Exactly <3

whisMEAT

Youngster
"exceptional provess can gain some additional reward" turned into something "beyond imaginable" as ramensnoodle said. there is a board yes, a reward is teased yes. not pointing to one or two person but genreally speaking, excagrating is really too much. and i think kinda annoying for stuff and totally for me. pokes,items, tutors, spawns all were very good,widely thought about and benefitial to both new and old players. we could and did stock later market/pvp valuable stuff. made tons of poke tutored. around half of attendes got membership. Also by simply hunting it is not that you work for community and get poor. some went for rng luck some for orb thing. but in the end it was huge complain about little mentioned "may be " reward being not satisfying. i do think this is unfair and totally not kewl.
so our expectations from an event to get ,current mart price and approximately, 3 orbs(3m), 7 shinies (at least 7m assuming all are bad ones) and any t5 (baddest 1m) and tutors and 6 voucher (6m) . so even fairly easily and with bad luck we can make 17m market value(except any pvp value) in a 2 week or so AND half of server got who-knows-how-many m worth membership AND 2 top cacther got another some m woth prizes and stuff are to blame?? come on really? no one said it was all about the 1.st, it was cristmass. İ forget who said but queset was not about that,it was way too obvious that it was a side thing. this much of reward is kinda a bit more for a 2 week event ,forget about compansateing before non-event days, we complain and complain . because it is said "1.st place gets a price" . what is our expectaiton from next event? game with a rng around 1/8000 or 1/5000 (just talking about some hard to catch pokes) i now whole heartedly expect at next event 320m market value prize to get and some cool tutors pokes to get and also i want market values to be not shaken so my previous spendings doesnt became worthless now. and i multiplye this to whole pwo cos im kewl. also this must be in 1 week or so. ohh that means news to game should spend 50dollar per month to feed this much market values to make it sustain itself or to get someting they want. i mean complainig about rng and stuff is fun but this is just really unfair and not accurate at all.

Boora

Youngster
I think you didn't bother reading the thread at all

no one is blaming staff, and the fact that this event was awesome and amazing has nothing to do with the issue at hand,
you said so yourself "there is a board yes, a reward is teased yes "
And that's that.

I didn't even participate in the event personally, it's not about that, i just think the reward for 1st-3rd place is not enough for the effort they put in, THAT'S ALL, you're the one making a huge deal out of it.

whisMEAT

Youngster
"As some of you may have seen, there is a leader board on Playerdex! To get on that board you must catch any Pokemon that is Tier 2 or above and any individual players who display exceptional hunting prowess could win a prize. " said at first.
well it is not enough for the effort if it was the whole event. also i did read and it is ,even not explicitly, seems as blaming tbh. there is only one place we can target critics, the staff. though i can be wrong
also i wasnt directing at you, i kind waited not to write it and written at last

Boora

Youngster
No at all, people just like to nitpick the negetives, in every single comment i've made on this thread i've said how amazing this event was,
ALL i'm saying, a reward was promised, a reward was given, the winners think it's not good enough, personally i agree, just like ramens and towllie i think disagree, we're entitled to our own opinion, it has nothing todo with how good the event was.

whisMEAT

Youngster
well i agree you have that aura,"every single comment" thing xd welp...bad timing i guess

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I'll throw in a few words about the event as well.

I think it was a great event. The only 2 things I could complain about were the RNG was messed up (with both the spawn rate of rares, and the spawn rate of shinies) and the inclusion of a leader board (/rewards for such a thing). I am going to keep the negative, but constructive, criticism to myself for now.

The good points of the event were that you finally took my suggestion and gave players a shiny chance for half of the event, and how you split up the events items/ pokemon. Players had to choose which side they wanted and why they wanted that side. Did they want to try to run from all the battles so they could stand a chance at encountering rarer/ shiny pokemon? Or did they want to grind out the event quest items so they could buy the special event only items like the orbs. The event was split into 4 categories because of that.

The selection of pokemon to encounter was pretty nice throughout the rarer rarities and the common pokes in pyro were decent for making shinies. The items to farm were great, since we have been waiting for toxic and flame orbs for quite a while. Good choices. Frost Breath was another good choice.

My thanks goes out to those who worked on planning and executing this event. Good job. I look forward to participating in more events such as this one.

If you want a tip, I have one you can use for future events. Make the rare pokes something we can buy from the item seller or something so we can trade in our quest items like those essences to purchase Glaceon for example. That way everyone stands a fair chance at getting one. Obviously, you would have to set the limit to just 1 per person and make each one cost like 999 essences or something, but it would be an epic inclusion in the items.