Event Christmas Clash

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
Well done to the players of Cryo Valley as you came out on top for catching the most tier 2s+ for your chosen valley. You managed to catch 6,551 Pokemon between you all. Though Pyro did come close with 6,294 Pokemon.

Everyone who represented Cryo Valley has been awarded with 14 days of membership.

We've also awarded the top 3 players for each valley. Here's the prize you've won:
  • #1 - 15,000 tokens
  • #2 - 10,000 tokens
  • #3 - 5,000 tokens
Top 3 for Cryo
  1. @Midou
  2. @HanjiZoe
  3. @Elroy
Top 3 for Pyro
  1. @GuiiHenrique
  2. @Miss-BunnY
  3. @rato17
thnx

pikafan25

congrats to all the winners, it was a close match!

and thanks to all the staff for hosting such an awesome event :D I had a lot of fun :)

DeZoLa

Youngster
great event! thank you and i hope for more upcoming events or updates :)

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
i would like to put my opinion about the event here :
u guys know how much time is needed to get 500 t2+ that' hilarious u may even find players with close to 1k hour that still didn't got that number and the prize is 15k+14day ms is just worst choice i would even imagine given tho it's still good prize for some ppl but ppl who got 500 t2+ that's like nothing for the effort put in the event.
i am one of the ppl that litteraly prioritize pwo over a lot of things cause u all know that ther's many games someone can play and this is supposed to be a christmas event which many games enjoy it but with all honesty if i knew the prize would be 15k tk+14day ms i would never joined it with all respct to the effort staff put in the event but u all need to respect the ffort players made in the event for sometime when i first the prize i thought it's kinda of joke lol but it was not so i hope staff would give my prize to the 4th player in the leadrboard in cryo valley .
from what i knew in old times if ther's someone won something hosted by staff it would b something to make him kinda special BUT i don't see anything special about 14day ms + 15k tk not even a bit i was thinking this event would be best event in pwo history but u really made it bad at last minute so hope i helped for future events which i won't be part of probably
hope u all have a nicee day

Last edited:

Towel

Youngster
i would like to put my opinion about the event here :
u guys know how much time is needed to get 500 t2+ that' hilarious u may even find players with close to 1k hour that still didn't got that number and the prize is 15k+14day ms is just worst choice i would even imagine given tho it's still good prize for some ppl but ppl who got 500 t2+ that's like nothing for the effort put in the event.
i am one of the ppl that litteraly prioritize pwo over a lot of things cause u all know that ther's many games somon can play and this is supposed to be a christmas event which many games enjoy it but with all honesty if i knew the prize would be 15k tk+14day ms i would never joined it with all respct to the effort staff put in the event but u all need to respect the ffort players made in the event for sometime when i first the prize i thought it's kinda of joke lol but it was not so i hope staff would give my prize to the 4th player in the leadrboard in cryo valley .
from what i knew in old times if ther's someone won something hosted by staff it would b something to make him kinda special BUT i don't see anything special about 14day ms + 15k tk not even a bit i was thinking this event would be best event in pwo history but u really made it bad at last minute so hope i helped for future events which i won't be part of probably
hope u all have a nicee day
I believe the problems encountered in the past (from what I heard) may be the reason for not giving away exclusivity. A never before released TM is the only other thing I think was suitable in order to avoid Dead Sea salt levels in the community. People in this game love to complain about unfairness, and if the prize was for example OU shiny poke, staff would never hear the end of it. Second solution would've been to announce the prizes beforehand. All in all I personally think it's not too shabby. The vast majority of people joined not for the contest, but for the content of the event (never before released pokes and items). The valley contest was secondary. All in all great event, thanks to all staff involved, keep up the good work!

ABDisback

Youngster
Hello there

Firstly i would like to congratulate the staff and the participants for this wonderful event.The event pokemon spawn were awesome and so were the event items and quests( I don"t like the quests where u login, take vouchers,log off).The idea of rivalry with lead-board was also brilliant as it would make players stay a bit longer in game even after getting what they desired.Also the event time was quite good to accommodate three weekends.

After the likes comes the turn of what could be improved or dealt better in future events. Initially the quests were heavily favoring the Cryo side( with the valley quest needing to get just 1 star to 5 cryptos of the Pyro), which might not seem much but made initially faint quite a sum of precious t2s.
Secondly and lastly the foreshadowing of rewards was uncalled for. I understand that the event might have been pushed in a bit of rush and Staff too does need to spend the holiday time with their loved ones so couldn't some to the decision till the later part of the event but it have been made public knowledge later so people would know what they were looking forward to and try accordingly.

Also i would like to note that i don't think the reward is not valuable (it is for me at least), it just so happens to be that 5/6 winners have not much use of it(i think). If it was revealed a bit before maybe those at top would not have put that much of effort but the new players or the players who cant but tokens would have tried harder.

Overall, (i would like to repeat) it was a great event, and would like to thank the staff again for the efforts put.
Have a great day and a Happy New Year.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
I believe the problems encountered in the past (from what I heard) may be the reason for not giving away exclusivity. A never before released TM is the only other thing I think was suitable in order to avoid Dead Sea salt levels in the community. People in this game love to complain about unfairness, and if the prize was for example OU shiny poke, staff would never hear the end of it. Second solution would've been to announce the prizes beforehand. All in all I personally think it's not too shabby. The vast majority of people joined not for the contest, but for the content of the event (never before released pokes and items). The valley contest was secondary. All in all great event, thanks to all staff involved, keep up the good work!
all u care about is tm's -_- cause u are a battler but what about hunters ? do u think this was fair let's do the math what battlers got from this event :
unobtaibale poke's one of them is really good for battling
rare items
tutors
and for the hunters do u really think they care about rare items and tutors as much as u do ?
the leaderboard was supposed to be like a tourney for hunters , why in the tournament for battlers made by staff in all pwo history have super special prizes and when a tourney for hunter the winners get a bunch of tokens ? do u think this kinda fair ?

Towel

Youngster
all u care about is tm's -_- cause u are a battler but what about hunters ? do u think this was fair let's do the math what battlers got from this event :
rare items
tutors
and for the hunters do u really think they care about rare items and tutors as much as u do ?
the leaderboard was supposed to be like a tourney for hunters , why in the tournament for battlers made by staff in all pwo history have super special prizes and when a tourney for hunter the winners get a bunch of tokens ? do u think this kinda fair ?
I don't. You misinterpretted my point. More hunters around, thus, if rare S poke given you have more upset people. Rare TM is valuable enough but wouldn't cause uproar.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
I don't. You misinterpretted my point. More hunters around, thus, if rare S poke given you have more upset people. Rare TM is valuable enough but wouldn't cause uproar.
u organisee tourney and u know that ther's a winner and a loser in any tourney the winner get good things while the loser don't get anything .-.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Thank you to everyone who has participated in the event and congratulations to all winners and those not have won, but walked away with some great Pokémon.
Thank you for the feedback also. It is greatly appreciated and gives us things to think about for the next event. I know we've already had this discussion over in Discord, but not everyone will see it. I will post here what had come up for event prizes and try and give an explanation as to why they were not implemented just to try and maybe give a bit more understanding.
I understand the frustration some people are showing and yes, ABD, you are correct in saying that things were not fully discussed due to availability over this time of year. I apologize for this and hopefully is can be greatly made up in any upcoming events. It will also taken on board what others said about letting prizes be known to let people decide if they want to invest their time or not.
So -

Custom sprite for winning valley < - Why was this not done? Well, this idea come up 2 days before the event was ending. It would have been a big ask to get done in that small time. Not only that, it would have had to mean a client update. Currently we have a lot to be included in a client update and we would rather it all come into one big one than dribs and drabs. We are fully aware of the want for some custom sprites, especially ones that are connected to events and hopefully it is something we can work on in the future that isn't last minute. Just believe me when I say, the staff are as gutted this couldn't have been done.
MS for everyone on the board for each valley < - This was done. I think it is very important to understand that not everyone can afford Membership or are able to donate. So while some may take it for granted it is best to consider everyone, not just one single persons circumstances.
And top winners of both side pick an item? < - I'm not all to sure why this wasn't decided, it may have been because not enough people were around at the time to discuss it and it may have just been overlooked between the other chat logs.

Thank you again for any feedback given here or by anyone in Discord.

Last edited:

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
rare items
tutors

Towel, people don't seem to understand the leaderboard was initially nothing to do with event. Just a bit of fun and some bragging rights.
Ahmed, this is why we chose the spawns we did. So PvP'ers and hunters had SOMETHING. Not just one or the other. I think a global event is extremely different to any past staff hosted tourney and yes, it caused A LOT of drama back then. People were accused of favoritism and fixing. I don;t think a shiny UC is the answer, but there are other things we can do as already mention.

Last edited:

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
he said it was secondary cause he care only about the items/tutors which was a battler thing and i bet he feel sooo happy cause he got them and th leaderboard is supposed to be like a tourney for hunters which is kinda was likely the 1st in pwo history but what a dissapointment to see that staff really don't care about hunters . and for the prizes again can i ask something that can help pwo on ovrall u can ask many rich players what is best way to revive the economy ( the economy is dead cause rich players have really nothing worth to pay for so that would actually help a lot and this side u can ask boora more about that ) and i said a rare shiny just as an example cause i don't think a hunter wouldn't like to get something rare since he use all his time hunting in pwo

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
he said it was secondary cause he care only about the items/tutors which was a battler thing and i bet he feel sooo happy cause he got them and th leaderboard is supposed to be like a tourney for hunters which is kinda was likely the 1st in pwo history but what a dissapointment to see that staff really don't care about hunters . and for the prizes again can i ask something that can help pwo on ovrall u can ask many rich players what is best way to revive the economy ( the economy is dead cause rich players have really nothing worth to pay for so that would actually help a lot and this side u can ask boora more about that ) and i said a rare shiny just as an example cause i don't think a hunter wouldn't like to get something rare since he use all his time hunting in pwo
He is right though, it is secondary.
'but what a dissapointment to see that staff really don't care about hunters' please re-read my last post. You guys got Glaceon, that's pretty darn big in my eyes, no matter what the other prize was, no? For me, personally, I think the spawns were the biggest thing in this event.

Boora

Youngster
I think it isn't about transparency as much as it is about Clarity, every event has unique new spawns or at the very least tiers are changed , so that was the expectation for the event, but introducing a competition and even leaderboards for it which was never done before and advertising a "prize" for the winner, which if we're being frank is much harder and more time consuming to do than win a pvp event, brings expectations of a big prize
i personally assumed the winners will get a shiny uc, not even going to lie ,and i was totally okay with that, to put in 10h+ a day and race against other people to catch this many pokes and to sacrifice running to encounter more, it's a big deal, and i assumed it'll be a big prize

to note, i'm not bashing the staff, the prize was hidden and it's well within their right to award what they see fit, this was souly my logic,
the problem is there was no clarity and some people well the vast majority including me assumed it was a huge deal.
i just think things should be more clear next.

but i'l say it again, you've outdone yourselves this event was insane, thank you so much, really.

Towel

Youngster
He is right though, it is secondary.
'but what a dissapointment to see that staff really don't care about hunters' please re-read my last post. You guys got Glaceon, that's pretty darn big in my eyes, no matter what the other prize was, no? For me, personally, I think the spawns were the biggest thing in this event.
Hunters had lots for them in this event, and so did battlers. I believe the number of people who participated can prove that. Not a lot of people were aiming for the leaderboard, even some of them close to the top weren't making it their priority. It was an extra thing while they were hunting. This event had plenty to please everyone. Fun was had by all, with few or no exceptions. The feedback during was great, by battlers and hunters alike. Also to be fair, most people expected tokens and bragging rights. What they really hoped for was a shiny T5 like everyone else.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
anyway i did all of this for future events to try and keep the game improving i know that they have made a huge work on the event which is really nice one ( thnx for all ) but there should be many thing to be changed and i would like to point them here :
1.don't put any leader board if the prizes don't really worth the time spent by players
2. w need harder quests :p
sorry for any trouble but i always want to express myself the way i want too . sorry if i made any trouble for anyone
pansy best sprites maker <3

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
anyway i did all of this for future events to try and keep the game improving i know that they have made a huge work on the event which is really nice one ( thnx for all ) but there should be many thing to be changed and i would like to point them here :
1.don't put any leader board if the prizes don't really worth the time spent by players
2. w need harder quests :p
sorry for any trouble but i always want to express myself the way i want too . sorry if i made any trouble for anyone
pansy best sprites maker <3
Leader board for fun and no prizes? 8D