changing nicknames!

The-Predator

Youngster
well a few days ago i saw blue´s twit that says in new pdex we are going to be able to change our nickname, big time tho but when i saw the image something called my attention that i think is possibly a potential tool for cheaters to keep scamming or so, im talking about the option of changing name every 3 days...
so my question... isnt it going to be harder to find the scammers/cheaters if they are going to be able to change their nicks every 3 days?? and i didnt get the reminder thing (the one in the image) it means our friends are going to be able to still search on us with our original nickname?

for those who didnt see the image here it is:
hispwD0.png

just asking... i really dont know how it is going to work but i am a little confused about those points thx in advance for answering...

Dragon16

Youngster
I believe it is a great opportunity, but you are right. maybe if the conditions for changing the nickname were different, say you can only change it once a month or something like that.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Changing nicknames, is a good idea, but a bad idea at the same time and I agree with you... this is a potential weapon that scammers may use against us. This will delay lots of things (tournaments, scamm cases, trades, etc).

The-Predator

Youngster
yes thats why im asking... i know token issues takes long time to be looked into, i cant imagine how long this would take with the option of changing nicks every 3 days ._. unless they have a way to find em fast

The-Predator

Youngster
Jinji said:
That's the reason we'll be retaining records of changes for 3 months ;)

ohh now i do get the reminder thing now both of my questions are answered then theres no easy scape at all for scammers/cheaters :p haha thx for answering

Nikola

Youngster
Screenshot_102_zpsa1298d73.png

-I think every name changed will be visible on some way once that option is available. I do agree that there must be some limit of how much times you can change your name per certain period. Was thinking more like 1 month then 3 days but meh. But personally I would not like to see this feature as free. Paying this feature with tokens wouldn't do any harm though.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Darcia said:
Screenshot_102_zpsa1298d73.png

-I think every name changed will be visible on some way once that option is available. I do agree that there must be some limit of how much times you can change your name per certain period. Was thinking more like 1 month then 3 days but meh. But personally I would not like to see this feature as free. Paying this feature with tokens wouldn't do any harm though.
Who said it's token-less? ;)

To note, the 3 days isn't set in stone. You will be able to view/search previous usernames (within past 3 months).

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
My own concern is people could no longer rely on CW/Ban appeals/any word of mouth to avoid scammers that haven't been dealt with yet. =X

EDIT: Then again, isn't trading going to be more secure or something anyway?

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Finally, what I suggest coming. And finally I use in all my games my true nickname, not old one. Bluerise, arigato gozaimasu/thank you very much.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
CheckeredZebra said:
My own concern is people could no longer rely on CW/Ban appeals/any word of mouth to avoid scammers that haven't been dealt with yet. =X

EDIT: Then again, isn't trading going to be more secure or something anyway?
That's always a possibility, hopefully with a more organised system in place and highlighting key information required - we can get cases resolved quicker.

Edit: Infact Zebras has just given me an idea, as we have topics/wiki posts which act as a starter guide for new members - maybe a page when you registered highlighting key pages and topics...

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Edit: Infact Zebras has just given me an idea, as we have topics/wiki posts which act as a starter guide for new members - maybe a page when you registered highlighting key pages and topics...

Sweet. Just so long as we keep em' updated.