Can players contribute in some way with pwo???

tote514

Im posting this becuase i want to ask devs and gms, if there is a way, players can contribute with the game development, like adding our created maps for the game and such other things. Dont know the main reason but i think, if the game will allow players contributions will be more easy to achieve things like adding new regions and gameplay changes.

Also i have basics knowledge about the game development and think if there is enough effort, we can all make possible add new features like Hoenn region that will be a good addon for current game, if i can talk with any dev please read this post....

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I found interesting the idea of players contributing to the game. And Staff have said many times we don't need a position in staff to help out.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
If you want to help in terms of mapping, create a showcase - show your work. Depending on the quality of your work and the attitude that staff have picked up from you, you may be considered as a future mapper.

Keeping positive can help us too. :)

tote514

But not just only me, i want to know if there is a way to add users made creations to the game, is a suggestion im making for expand gameplay, also you as an admin know something about game development???

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Historically—and as the current policy stands—only staff-made maps have been permanently integrated into the game, and staff-created maps are within the domain of produced maps that will be used to eventually construct new regions (Hoenn, namely).

This policy isn't meant to depreciate player-made maps in any way; there honestly are many skillful, creative and imaginative player-made maps that have been showcased, in fact. However, before any map permanently makes it way into the game, it's collaboratively worked on among the staff behind the scenes (where it must be, for various reasons)—what type of backstory should be added behind it, what amenities it should include (such as NPC services), the spawns, etc. are all points of discussion among the staff in order to make a map wholly "game-ready" as a permanent content addition.

While permanent player-made map additions may be impractical for the type of maps we believe players would like to see the most, we are hoping to make it more rewarding for well-made player-created maps in the future. ;)

tote514 said:
But not just only me, i want to know if there is a way to add users made creations to the game, is a suggestion im making for expand gameplay, also you as an admin know something about game development???

I take it that the main desire is for more content to be added in general, for players to explore?

Merse

Youngster
TBH the only thing this game doesn't need is more mappers. We have wonderful maps and the maps of at least one region almost completely ready to be released. What this game would need are coders. Many coders who could help out Hardcoreh with the new client or who could code quests and events. But there s currently no way to contribute with coding to this game. But there really should be one...

Thor

Well there did use to be a section of the forums for showcasing coding and programs. I could showcase my text based pokemon game :p

tote514

I take it that the main desire is for more content to be added in general, for players to explore?

Now only new content to be added, is more like a way to players be more participative with game development, i say it becuase the progress for game is so slow and i think they could let us possibility to help and make good progress for new content....

For my personal, i could possible help for the game coding, what i need to understand is wich is the language code for game and what are the methods youre using for implementing it, for what i can see should be some kind of c++ with gdi graphics or directx.

Belemuel

Well you players are beta testers so that is contributing ;)

Zain

Youngster
Belemuel said:
Well you players are beta testers so that is contributing ;)

"Beta testers" reminds me of the anime Sword Art Online if you have seen it xD , I love that

Anyways I think players can contribute towards helping with PWO in a lot of ways like maybe inviting friends to PWO and if the majority follows the rules as the Akatsuki guild incident I had was totally hilarious but disheartening at the same time. 1 player caught breaking the rules after another..it was like the Akatsuki from the anime for real as a criminal group >3 of course As being a Lucario i have pure aura , I wonder if that can be conquered?

Back to the point , Players can:

Invite friends
Follow rules
Show their creativity and prove themselves to be worthy of doing the "BIG" jobs in staff
Helping each other around , specially newbies
Making everyone feel welcome
and well most obvious one of all , being ACTIVE on PWO most of the time , was in 2011-12 and had great times until everyone started disappearing