Can I get another sprite?

JanCoverGJ

I've seen some players have a different character sprite, I want one too.
I read that they were once given to many for no reason and that these are developers' sprites.
Is it possible to get it now, or is it some other?

Klay

Youngster
removed because that guy wants attention, not help

Last edited:

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
While players who have the sprite can continue to use it for now, the Lance sprite is no longer supported and may be replaced in future clients. It will also be lost permanently if any change is made to the player's gender via the Playerdex.

JanCoverGJ

I understood... The game is dead, the developers do not care, no one will do anything... Thanks to all

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I'm not sure if this is still the plan, but there was a discussion at one point about giving players a choice of sprites from each of the first four generations of Pokémon, one each for male and female; and these sprites will eventually replace the existing set. Klay has also pointed out how the Playerdex has an option to purchase new sprites, which is currently unused, but we're exploring ideas for it ;)

While PWO does not currently offer anything beyond a simple choice of male or female sprite, it IS possible to customise this sprite locally through skinning. If you go to the Skins folder (in a default install, this will be C:/Program Files (x86)/Pokemon World Online/Skins/), select your currently used skin ("Default" by default), then open the "Sprites" folder, you'll see imagesets for all the sprites used in-game. The Male Player sprite set is contained in folder "1" and the Female Player sprite set is contained in folder "2"; so you can replace the images in these folders with new sprites to change how you and other players of your gender look in-game.

JanCoverGJ

It will change everyone, but I want it individually.
I understood you, as I told the developers earlier to spit, because nothing has been done with sprites for more than 6 years

Cleveland

Youngster
While players who have the sprite can continue to use it for now, the Lance sprite is no longer supported and may be replaced in future clients. It will also be lost permanently if any change is made to the player's gender via the Playerdex.
Oh no :( Lance sprite is awesome