Broken Moves

Koriban

Move: Takedown
Type: Normal

Edit:

After much experimenting, it would seem I've found the cause and effect of takedown's fainting.

What it currently does: Does damage to the enemy pokemon, if the enemy pokemon fainted from the attack, recoil damage is given - else if it didn't faint, no damage is given (seems to be a set variable amount, about 1/6th hp) EXCEPT > every time without fail, If I'm 1/4 HP or lower, I will instantly faint from using takedown, even if the enemy pokemon didn't die, or my attack missed. It will 100% faint my pokemon.

What needs to be done for move to work: REMOVE whatever is making takedown insta-faint when on low hp. Then apply the damage taken on use of each takedown (you may need to buff the damage of takedown though) instead of when enemy faints.

HOF69

I can confirm what Koriban has seen with Take Down after using it to train my new Beldum yesterday. It would appear that no recoil damage would be given if Beldum had more than about 1/4 of its total HP, but if it had less HP than that and used Take Down (regardless if that hit caused the opposing Pokemon to faint or not), Beldum would automatically faint itself. In sum, the recoil feature of this move is still broken.

Tecknician

HOF69 said:
Move Name: Mud Shot
Move Type: Ground
What it currently does: Inflicts damage with 55 base power and 95% accuracy

What makes it broken: Does not lower speed of Pokemon it hits by one stage

What needs to be done to make it work: Have it inflict damage and lower speed of opposing Pokemon by 10 (if it hits of course)
Took a look at this, and from what I seem, it should be lowering speed.

Do any moves that lower opponets pokemon speed work?

Tecknician

g122 said:
Scary face I think?
From what I saw mud shot should be working fine. However I set it to effect the speed as much as scary face does and see if there are any visible results. Please provide feedback base on observations with this.

HOF69

Move name: Clamp
Move type: Water
What it currently does: Hits 3-5 times and inflicts 35 physical damage per hit; has 85% accuracy.
What makes it broken: Does not trap the opponent (preventing switching and escaping) and hit for 4-5 turns.
What needs to be done to make it work: I realize that making Clamp work as described above is not possible right now, so making it hit 4-5 times instead of 3-5 would be the only current solution.

EDIT: Upon further research, not a great idea to make it hit 4-5 times. In the handhelds the opponent is able to attack during those 4-5 turns, so 3-5 hits in PWO keeps the move from being overpowered.

Garnet

Move Name: False Swipe
Move type(fire, grass, normal): Normal
What it currently does: Kills the opponent not leaving 1 HP (according to PWO wiki)
What makes it broken: Kills the opponent not leaving 1 HP (according to PWO wiki)
What needs to be done to make it work: The target should be left with 1 HP remaining. If the target has 1 HP remaining, False Swipe will hit and leave the target at 1 HP.

Tecknician

With TMs and more pokemon being used I have been getting many reports of moves that need to be changed. Please post desired changes here.

FancyFox

Move name: Captivate
Move Type: Normal
What it does: Nothing
What makes it broken: I know that genders aren't in pwo, but maybe it could lower Sp. Attack by one stage instead of two to compensate?

yuudev

well i hope broken move will be fix as soon as possible..and i hope the staff will find the way,,because if every broken move is fix,,the poke battle will be more colourful as the new strategy will develop for each player,,and maybe my jiggly can kill a dragon night..especially with status effect move..right now poke battle only depends on brute force and not intelegence..

poke battle not enough with only brute force..a real good trainer must have good strategy,,for weakening oponent poke with status effect or something else like on the original pokemon game,,or real pokemon world tournament (<---search on google)

if you fix it fast i know many player wont get easily bored with PvP battling

taifhamid1

Move: Outrage
Type: Dragon
reason: the move can be used anytime not in turns (e.x. when you used it, it last 2-4 rounds) and after the usage the pokemon doesn't become Confused therefore making the move OP.
Move: Double Edge
Reason: no recoil Damage
(The entire grass pokemon moves need to be fixed)

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
taifhamid1 said:
Move: Outrage
Type: Dragon
reason: the move can be used anytime not in turns (e.x. when you used it, it last 2-4 rounds) and after the usage the pokemon doesn't become Confused therefore making the move OP.
Move: Double Edge
Reason: no recoil Damage
(The entire grass pokemon moves need to be fixed)
For these moves to be fixed needs new battle system and brand new client, but now these moves have decreased Power, Accuracy and Effect to made them not OP.

Siauwlong

SolarBeam - 120 power,
Type : Grass
Reason : instant damage without charging first, better to reduce the power

Future Sight - 100 power,
Type : Psychic
Reason : instant damage without waiting 1 turn, reduce power/acc

reaper500

Move: False Swipe
Move type(fire, grass, normal): Normal, Physical
What it currently does: Damage the enemy until it dead/killed

What makes it broken: It supposed damage the enemy till 1 hp. False Swipe inflicts damage and if False Swipe deals equal to or more damage than the target's current HP, the target will always be left with 1 HP remaining. If the target has 1 HP remaining, False Swipe will hit and leave the target at 1 HP.(source http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/False_Swipe_(move))

Atum_Ramirez

Move Name:pursuit

Move type(fire, grass, normal): Dark

What it currently does: It is a priority move, making the user always attacking first if the opponent doesn't use a priority moves, or if using also a priority move, the opponet is slower than the user. It also has 60 base power.

What makes it broken: Pursuit should only act as priority move when the opponent changes pokemon during a battle. Also, the base power should be 40, changing to 80 when pursuit is used when the opponent pokemon is being switched.

What needs to be done to make it work: In PVP, there is a "rule" that forbids switching, so in a pvp battle switching would never occur. So I think that pursuit should loose the status of priority move in PWO as long as switching is shunned in PVP battling.

scesarin

Move Name: Flare Blitz(Same Double Edge, Brave Bird, Wood hammer but they no burn)
Move type: Fire
What it currently does: 120 damage 100% accuracy
What makes it broken: It has no effect against, nor burning
What needs to be done to make it work: User takes 1/3 the damage inflicted in recoil. Has a 10% chance to burn the target. Better Reduce power or acuraccy

Move Name: Mud Shot
Move type: Ground
What it currently does: Has 100% chance to lower the target's Speed by two stages.
What makes it broken: It's a stage no two stages
What needs to be done to make it work: Has a 100% chance to lower the target's Speed by one stage.

Move Name:Reversal
Move type: fighting
What it currently does: 100 damage 100 accuracy
What makes it broken: This movement depends on the life of pokemon, does too much damage when they normally would do some 20-40 damage.
What needs to be done to make it work: Inflicts more damage when the user has less HP remaining, with a maximum of 200 power.

TttrNb3.png

(The table from Bulbapedia)

I think if you put 40 as "Flail" would be nice.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Iirc staff tried to implement recoil moves last year, though it didn't work as intended and caused the pokemon to faint instead of getting recoil damage (this was done with take down if memory serves me right) so recoil moves ended up being delayed because of that.

ZombieSalad

Just came across this while training vulpix for the event...

Move Name: Acid
Move type: Poison
What it currently does:
Damage, with a chance to raise the target's spdef by one stage.

What makes it broken:
Raises the target's special defense.

What needs to be done to make it work:
Should have a 10% chance to lower the target's special defense by one stage. (in generations 1-3, Acid had a chance to lower the target's defense, as opposed to special defense)

I also have a suggestion for 'flinching' moves. I don't particularly know the coding for this game, but I know it's possible to implement sleep for a specific amount of turns, and of course to have a percentage chance for it to occur. My suggestion is to make moves that have a chance for flinch simply be moves that have a chance to give a 1-turn sleep, and call that "flinch."

Also, thanks for all the updates thus far, Teck!