Blue's Log Of Updates

Franc92

Youngster
joaquim-das-tostas said:
Its funny, every time I report something, the answer is always that they are "know bugs"... So if they're know, why they persist?! XD
Cause atm we dont have capable staff members to solve those problems. Just think that the actual Dev i taking more than 1 month time to develope a new client while the previous Dev made 4~5 new clients in the same time.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
To call them "new clients" implies that the majority of code was completely rewritten every time. It'd be more accurate to say he simply modified the same client five times; adding a few small tweaks or a few new additions each time. Modifying is a lot quicker than rebuilding from scratch.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
A move missing once every 200 or 250 odd times just hasn't been considered high priority to fix. This was in fact how it was in the first generation and may have even been deliberately input in the beginning. (well, you never know) Arguably you could say any move apart from the 'never miss' moves like swift could have a slight chance of missing. In fact if evasion were working there would probably be a slightly higher chance of this happening than it does now, at least vs some pokemon.

AdriCer

I see there is support for natures now, if they will be available in game too, how will that work on pokemons that are already caught?
Because it can easily ruin good battle pokemon if it gets "bad nature".

BrownCactus

ooOOO Hello Blue. How are you doing? We used to edit the wiki back in day. I hope you are well. :)

Isguros

Youngster
Does this mean I can allow my level 99 Lileep to be level 100 now? :eek:

As in: to have a lvl100 Lileep that will still be able to evolve into a Cradily if you, or perhaps the next owner of that Pokemon, chooses to?

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
As in: to have a lvl100 Lileep that will still be able to evolve into a Cradily if you, or perhaps the next owner of that Pokemon, chooses to?

Pretty much, yeah.

(though, I am pretty certain I'll never get rid of it unless someone decides to give me an even better one in exchange, which has about a 0% chance of happening)

gingerprimarina

Youngster
I see there is support for natures now, if they will be available in game too, how will that work on pokemons that are already caught?
Because it can easily ruin good battle pokemon if it gets "bad nature".
We just have neutral natures for now. So, it doesn't entail the chance of a good battle pokemon getting a "bad nature".

AsianKid

Youngster
…how will that work on pokemons that are already caught?
To address the implementation of Natures highlighted by this 7-year old post:

Incorporating Natures adds a new element which can influence the value of Pokémon. While it should be random upon release, one issue to discuss is what to do will all these Hardy-natured Mons. Allow a one-time change like we can with Abilities? Seems a bit wild from both the PvP and trading perspective. My initial thoughts were to keep the current Mons as Hardy upon the future release of randomized Natures.

While Natures have their nice benefits when it synergizes with the Mon, I see a whole lot of potential for a displeased trainers. E.g Find a 20+ IV, max Speed Bagon. Woo! And then you notice it’s a bit Sassy with increased Special Defense and reduced Speed. Without breeding, Natures are a real toss up and while I wouldn’t personally mind the randomness, future-AK can hear the disgruntled cries of the “I’m-so-unlucky ones.”

And to quote Rigaudon in "Ownership and Abilities" (2017) from a long while ago:

and we will not let you change natures no matter how much it is asked for or insisted upon

Not sure if those sentiments are still held by current Staff, but Rigaudon goes on to talk about breeding and ruining "perfect" Pokémon.

Last edited:

thunderclap

Youngster
How about giving players a one-time chance in Playerdex to change the nature to a new, randomly-chosen nature? Those who don't want to gamble can choose to leave it as Hardy.