Bike Chains breaking

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
$500,000 for a permanent Item? How about breaking the bike chain every 50,000 steps someone uses it? lol Sell em for $25,000 a piece.

Klay

Youngster
35k the chain
Or with a 10k option which breaks again sooner

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
While I do agree PWO needs more money sinks, I feel as though this idea is likely to just cause resentment; and is not in keeping with the fun spirit of Pokémon.

Krysi

Local Scapegoat
Website
anilist.co
I think a possible alternative for this would be "rent to own". Pay $50,000 to get 100,000 steps for up to a week of usage. Once the week is up or 100,000 steps have been used, you can no longer use the bike until you pay $50,000 again. Once you've gone through this cycle 10 times, you've bought the bike and get to keep it permanently.

This is much less sadistic and more newbie friendly.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
This is much less sadistic

Party pooper. lol

Well, that rent to own idea is pretty good.

How about the potential for a bike rental for a faster than normal bike? Similar to what you suggested, but without the option to permanently own it. Of course some play testing would be needed to find a fair balance between cost and use.

Or, how about a cheaper alternative of adding RUNNING SHOES into the game which increase speed some over walking but not all the way to bike speed? I don't wanna have to hold a button the entire time I am using them.

Krysi

Local Scapegoat
Website
anilist.co
I approve of these ideas. :)

I have no idea how a temporary bike would be coded though, so I'm a bit curious about that.

Isguros

Youngster
I have no qualms about paying in installments, but I do feel the total price should be slightly over the regular 500k.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I vote to just lower the price to 100k, keep it permanent.
I mean, it's not essential to the game, I feel 500k is a perfectly acceptable price. If you're gonna charge 100k, may as well not charge at all and just make it a quest obtainable item or something.