Bicycle shop

G

Don't you think the Bicycle is too expensive?make it lower at least somewhere 100,000$ because getting money is very hard D:

Peace-Enforcer

Bicycle is not a necessity like surf board. It is a perk, a bonus, a permanent upgrade. Think its price is just about right if not even a bit too cheep. Would like to see more stuff like bicycle, just not sure what they would be. :p

It is a one of a kind one time purchase, woudn't be good if it was too cheep. It is MMO after all...

Darren.

Youngster
i think the bike used to be 10m or something like that so 100k is cheap compared to 10m :)

Zywa-Torpeda

But as Peace said, surfboard is necessery to finish the main goals of the game. Bike is just a help in playing, which is not needed. So i think the prices are good for both. Plus, it used to be 200k and 1m, and now only 100k and 500k.

SapphirePhoenix

When I first started playing I thought it was expensive since the wild Pokemon in the beginning areas only gave around 8 dollars per battle, but as I progressed through the game and later learned how much people sold Pokemon for, the cost of the bike isn't that expensive when put into that perspective. If you sold a few Pokemon that had really good stats, or a shiny Pokemon, you could obtain 500k for a bike relatively quickly.

As for me, I disliked parting with most Pokemon so I ended up obtaining 500k through battling all the NPCs when they were available for rebattling and training in areas with high level wild Pokemon. It took a very long time (because I bought the great ball upgrade before the bike) but it's possible to work towards a bike that way. As others said the bike is mostly a luxury for fast travel, and often times I find myself just walking from place to place because there are many checkpoint buildings (such as around Saffron) and some caves that kick you off your bike when you enter them and clicking the bike icon over and over is sometimes a hassle when I'm lazy.

Merse

Youngster
I caught an Elekid, I sold it and suddenly I had money for 999 Pokeballs, the Bike and the Surfboard. Back then when surfs were far more expensive.
Collecting a few million isn't that hard, people are just got used to it that they don't have to work hard for things in games...