Being around so things to get off the chest, once and for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Okay this should be tough but I believe it could turn to something good because it comes from the heart to a place that I like.
So as to start I want to say that the game is the first online Pokemon game that I played and it's childhood for me. There were times that I saw I was mentioned in talks that is related to me being inactive for long or doing other stuff, which is normal and I wouldn't blame anyone about it except for the fact that we don't really know what a person is facing in real life or how much responsibilities he would have in hand and yet tries to stay nice as he learns from the world.

Keeping things short for this intro with some Q&A.

Why did I play when I was new to the game?
Because I loved Pokemon as a kid and I love competitive environment. Aside from the fact I wanted to improve my English because It's not even my mother language.

Why did I even appear again in the battle scene after old achievements and sayings?
Yeah, most of the number of wins I had was back then when the game used to be "No switch" style. I battled lately and after switching was fixed/introduce to kill the doubts about that part. Because I went (at that time) and I currently go to competitive environments more than our game here so I know what could be effective and what couldn't. Basically I battled to prove that I could still do something big in normal "Actual" PvPing and not only back then on the "No switch" thing.

Why did I recently came to play again?
After a long day of work/exercising, hangouts, family events and more.. There is a place in which you have to come to chill aside from GTAs, FIFAs or Showdown sometimes. And basically, because like I said this game means a lot to me. I was the type of guy that didn't play league or any other games back then except it. And I also met people from different places in the world that I am still in touch with, or at least some of them. Also to prove some/few people wrong in few things as I'll say in a different question.

Am I planning to stay around for later?
Yes. Basically, yes. I am planning to give at least part of the free time I get after work, workout and other activities I have for the game, and the reason I am around now is because I've been in different online games (pokemon and non pokemon) and I haven't seen such a friendly community like here. Maybe because it's small but yet I say it's quality. Pvp has bugs? I'll take it and play as long as I'm playing with people with brains that are respectable and mature even if they are young aged (or at least most of the young aged players are decent too).

Do I have anything more to do in game?
Yeah I have a lot to do. Attend/participate in events, help people etc. and to do the thing that I love the most which is PvPing.

Why do I show at times/events then leave?
Answering this question with my own question. What am I in the game? A PvPer right? I used to be there at times when i wrote "b99" before lvl 100 was introduced and I found requests but lately the battle scene isn't as active as before. And basically I have a lot of pokes with lot of sets and I'm waiting more updates to use more of the pokes I have. Also I have everything trained lately so if I login I'd only do a daily quest, ask for some PvPs or random battles then logout. You feel me? That's about the game play and aside from the real life job events and all the real life issues that one faces out of sudden sometimes and especially now that I have more real life responsibilities I know what I'm saying even more.

Is there anything I am trying to do or to prove when I came back to play?
Whomever knows me, knows that I'm not the type of guy that sits down being uncompetitive. Maybe In the past I proved a lot but I still have a lot more to prove. I love to help the people whom deserves helping no matter how new they are, or no matter how much they have no clue about pokemon. I am up to be an example for those and help them with all sort of helping I could offer, in ways no one would expect that would include giveaways at times who knows.

But when it comes to the other type of people, lol well. There are people who have said the name sometimes or they commented/talked when the name was mentioned, and they were like "Yeah its old and expired", and they also mentioned in a way or another that these old names that included many quality PvP players (mine included), lived easy times.
All the players I'm referring to didn't talk bad to be fair and I even excuse them and respect their opinions because they were respectable and represented such opinions in good manners even when they were clueless at things or when such things happened in an era before they played. Some even copied what such "big old names" did to compare themselves to the names that were being called "good". This type is funny but I appreciate seeing them trying.

But then it comes only to a name that I have to call out just because I like to, and because it fluctuates the conditions that I mentioned above which is basically "Criticize and even mock but do it in manners". And such name was Aiacos. In fact it happened last time I logged in before recently returned which was as following:
1630447021729.png 1630447051182.png 1630447078960.png

I don't put those here for a specific reason and I don't mention it because it offended or anything of that and I'm not even blaming the said name but, the reason I really bring this up is because we people sometimes overvalue someone who lacks morals and has some kind of ego that they feed by copying him/saying stuff about him when other worthy opponents are around or even when what they are doing is wrong, and such sayings and actions make their ego grow fatter. Such people basically don't know how hard other competitors like myself worked to learn, to enjoy and then to find themselves in a place they have never dreamed of (which happened to me in both this game and in real life). So dude if you see this remind me to pick my lowest IVs from pc and put you where you belong, which is basically kindergarden so that is to reform your morality just like I did last time I met you in a tournament which was hosted by Towel and just took you out like one of the kids without even knowing you're being compared to some of those old good names. Woops that's slightly harsh.

In the end I would like to thank everyone in game and the old friends that I met, still meet and will probably meet later on as we play. I love you guys.

Fads~

Last edited:

gingerprimarina

Youngster
Okay this should be tough but I believe it could turn to something good because it comes from the heart to a place that I like.
So as to start I want to say that the game is the first online Pokemon game that I played and it's childhood for me. There were times that I saw I was mentioned in talks that is related to me being inactive for long or doing other stuff, which is normal and I wouldn't blame anyone about it except for the fact that we don't really know what a person is facing in real life or how much responsibilities he would have in hand and yet tries to stay nice as he learns from the world.

Keeping things short for this intro with some Q&A.

Why did I play when I was new to the game?
Because I loved Pokemon as a kid and I love competitive environment. Aside from the fact I wanted to improve my English because It's not even my mother language.

Why did I even appear again in the battle scene after old achievements and sayings?
Yeah, most of the number of wins I had was back then when the game used to be "No switch" style. I battled lately and after switching was fixed/introduce to kill the doubts about that part. Because I went (at that time) and I currently go to competitive environments more than our game here so I know what could be effective and what couldn't. Basically I battled to prove that I could still do something big in normal "Actual" PvPing and not only back then on the "No switch" thing.

Why did I recently came to play again?
After a long day of work/exercising, hangouts, family events and more.. There is a place in which you have to come to chill aside from GTAs, FIFAs or Showdown sometimes. And basically, because like I said this game means a lot to me. I was the type of guy that didn't play league or any other games back then except it. And I also met people from different places in the world that I am still in touch with, or at least some of them. Also to prove some/few people wrong in few things as I'll say in a different question.

Am I planning to stay around for later?
Yes. Basically, yes. I am planning to give at least part of the free time I get after work, workout and other activities I have for the game, and the reason I am around now is because I've been in different online games (pokemon and non pokemon) and I haven't seen such a friendly community like here. Maybe because it's small but yet I say it's quality. Pvp has bugs? I'll take it and play as long as I'm playing with people with brains that are respectable and mature even if they are young aged (or at least most of the young aged players are decent too).

Do I have anything more to do in game?
Yeah I have a lot to do. Attend/participate in events, help people etc. and to do the thing that I love the most which is PvPing.

Why do I show at times/events then leave?
Answering this question with my own question. What am I in the game? A PvPer right? I used to be there at times when i wrote "b99" before lvl 100 was introduced and I found requests but lately the battle scene isn't as active as before. And basically I have a lot of pokes with lot of sets and I'm waiting more updates to use more of the pokes I have. Also I have everything trained lately so if I login I'd only do a daily quest, ask for some PvPs or random battles then logout. You feel me? That's about the game play and aside from the real life job events and all the real life issues that one faces out of sudden sometimes and especially now that I have more real life responsibilities I know what I'm saying even more.

Is there anything I am trying to do or to prove when I came back to play?
Whomever knows me, knows that I'm not the type of guy that sits down being uncompetitive. Maybe In the past I proved a lot but I still have a lot more to prove. I love to help the people whom deserves helping no matter how new they are, or no matter how much they have no clue about pokemon. I am up to be an example for those and help them with all sort of helping I could offer, in ways no one would expect that would include giveaways at times who knows.

But when it comes to the other type of people, lol well. There are people who have said the name sometimes or they commented/talked when the name was mentioned, and they were like "Yeah its old and expired", and they also mentioned in a way or another that these old names that included many quality PvP players (mine included), lived easy times.
All the players I'm referring to didn't talk bad to be fair and I even excuse them and respect their opinions because they were respectable and represented such opinions in good manners even when they were clueless at things or when such things happened in an era before they played. Some even copied what such "big old names" did to compare themselves to the names that were being called "good". This type is funny but I appreciate seeing them trying.

But then it comes only to a name that I have to call out just because I like to, and because it fluctuates the conditions that I mentioned above which is basically "Criticize and even mock but do it in manners". And such name was Aiacos. In fact it happened last time I logged in before recently returned which was as following:
View attachment 6643 View attachment 6644 View attachment 6645

I don't put those here for a specific reason and I don't mention it because it offended or anything of that and I'm not even blaming the said name but, the reason I really bring this up is because we people sometimes overvalue someone who lacks morals and has some kind of ego that they feed by copying him/saying stuff about him when other worthy opponents are around or even when what they are doing is wrong, and such sayings and actions make their ego grow fatter. Such people basically don't know how hard other competitors like myself worked to learn, to enjoy and then to find themselves in a place they have never dreamed of (which happened to me in both this game and in real life). So dude if you see this remind me to pick my lowest IVs from pc and put you where you belong, which is basically kindergarden so that is to reform your morality just like I did last time I met you in a tournament which was hosted by Towel and just took you out like one of the kids without even knowing you're being compared to some of those old good names. Woops that's slightly harsh.

In the end I would like to thank everyone in game and the old friends that I met, still meet and will probably meet later on as we play. I love you guys.

Fads~
Chill with stuff lol. There are people like that around everywhere. You just need to take it in your stride.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Chill with stuff lol. there are people like that around everywhere. You just need to take it in your stride.

Exactly, if we actually take things serious or even in consideration too much then things wouldn't end up good. People's talk about us is nothing compared to our reality anyway else we wouldn't have been where we already reached so.. Also mentioning one kid's name is like giving him credits that he wouldn't even deserve but yet I made an example out of my point at it. As long as the community is staying fresh and the same beautiful people are around, increase or even return then we're good to go.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I totally agree. It is because of the warm, friendly community that PWO has - especially the great people who have either stuck around with us for so long, or quit and returned - that are the reason I've remained here from the beginning and never wish to leave. I hope as well that the community stays fresh and grows naturally with even more great people, while also maintaining those who continue to make PWO the positive place it is :)

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
I totally agree. It is because of the warm, friendly community that PWO has - especially the great people who have either stuck around with us for so long, or quit and returned - that are the reason I've remained here from the beginning and never wish to leave. I hope as well that the community stays fresh and grows naturally with even more great people, while also maintaining those who continue to make PWO the positive place it is :)

The credits to the staff that always made such great environment happen and will yet to make more. Cheers~

Cleveland

Youngster
I recently came back as well with the Elite 4 addition, it is cool to see other older players coming back as well, in addition to the ones who've stayed through it all. To echo what @Jinji said, the community is great and ultimately thats what keeps me around

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
There can't be less fun if I'm around. Last lesson was acting and the next one would be footballing ez.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
too long to read nub get gud
ps : ما عندهم ما يعملو ليك
peace out

I came to a current environment that I know its dimensions. Aside from the fact that "They don't have anything to do for me", all I need is fun and I believe that the game lacks pioneers now like a way back before. I can at least do my part at trying to make it better and suggesting things. I already stated that I like the community so that is all I care about.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Hey fado!! Didnt Know you play showdown, havent seen you there, it is nice to say hi to some old friends, I lost contact with all of the old blaze members
Been years KP, It's awesome to see the old OG gang around. Stay awesome man. That gave me much nostalgia and happiness tbh. And yeah lets go for some showdown runs from time to time, Give me your discord lol

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
too long to read nub get gud
ps : ما عندهم ما يعملو ليك
peace out
Not sure if you'd see this one day but the "they have nothing to do to you" was a mistake on your part. The community was heard and I personally feel that I was heard. It's because I had the patience and positivity at things.

After you got banned, Gible and Assault vest was added when things were explained in a good way.

Anyhow I don't know what you're getting through but I'm wishing the best for you.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Not sure if you'd see this one day but the "they have nothing to do to you" was a mistake on your part. The community was heard and I personally feel that I was heard. It's because I had the patience and positivity at things.

After you got banned, Gible and Assault vest was added when things were explained in a good way.

Anyhow I don't know what you're getting through but I'm wishing the best for you.

We are trying our best to listen and do the best we can to give what is needed and benefit the players. I do not think we have ever had such an influx of suggestions that is so easily added to the game, but between you, AK, thunder and Cleveland you're all doing a great job of teaching us what is important and what we need to implement. Sorry if I missed a name on that list.

Kind regards

(I did not see how long ago this post was or why it got bumped, but as Fadoka was the OP, it is great to see you're still here)

Last edited:

Cleveland

Youngster
We are trying our best to listen and do the best we can to give what is needed and benefit the players. I do not think we have ever had such an influx of suggestions that is so easily added to the game, but between you, AK, thunder and Cleveland you're all doing a great job of teaching us what is important and what we need to implement. Sorry if I missed a name on that list.

Kind regards

(I did not see how long ago this post was or why it got bumped, but as Fadoka was the OP, it is great to see you're still here)
I'm sure you already know - but this definitely has not gone unnoticed by players. The last year or so has been the best year PWO has had in awhile (IMO) and I think the communication, interaction and even collaboration between staff and players has been a major reason why. As we've all seen, more and more players are starting to come back and these kind of things will help keep folks around.

Speaking for myself, this is the most fun I've had in the game in quite some time. And not only does it feel sustainable with the content we've been getting - but it feels to me like things are just getting started and the best is yet to come.

Major kudos to you and the staff team for not only hearing our suggestions, but the quick turnaround to implementation has been seriously impressive (I mean Assault Vest was just suggested like a couple days before event went live, lol). All while working on both limited-time and permanent content. You and the team should be proud of the work you're doing.

Much appreciation, and thank you for the shout out :)

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
I'm sure you already know - but this definitely has not gone unnoticed by players. The last year or so has been the best year PWO has had in awhile (IMO) and I think the communication, interaction and even collaboration between staff and players has been a major reason why. As we've all seen, more and more players are starting to come back and these kind of things will help keep folks around.

Speaking for myself, this is the most fun I've had in the game in quite some time. And not only does it feel sustainable with the content we've been getting - but it feels to me like things are just getting started and the best is yet to come.

Major kudos to you and the staff team for not only hearing our suggestions, but the quick turnaround to implementation has been seriously impressive (I mean Assault Vest was just suggested like a couple days before event went live, lol). All while working on both limited-time and permanent content. You and the team should be proud of the work you're doing.

Much appreciation, and thank you for the shout out :)

The collab event was great and it was certainly a lot of fun for both players and staff, I believe. Shodan dedicated a lot of his time to us and the event to get that rolled out and I believe it was a first here! I hope we can continue this and be educated by our playerbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.