Battling for a Brighter Tomorrow - PvP and Battle Suggestions

AsianKid

Youngster
Howdy all,

I've created this thread to allow the members of the Community to express their wants and needs as it pertains to furies of battle. Topics of interest include proper move interactions, ability functions, item activations, and other quality of life changes to the Battle/PvP System. As suggestions come in, I will do my best to organize these suggestions in a way that reflects the Community's highest priorities. Feel free to like or emphasize fellow trainers' suggestions to indicate your support and desire to see them come to fruition.

While it's fine to simply put: "Fix Sheer Force. EZ." I will ask that you back up your suggestion with ample reasoning. Keep in mind that many members of the Community (including Staff) are not as in-tune with the trials and tribulations of Battle. No one knows everything about anything, so don't expect trainers to understand an ounce of what you're saying. Respective lingo should be explained. Present the pitch as if we were a little bit Slow-bro and convince us - with your words and/or visuals - that your suggestion deserves to be implemented.

Some questions to consider in order to strengthen your argument:

• How many Pokémon does it really help and in what way?
  • What about the move/ability's current function is detrimental or overly advantageous?
  • How might the implementation change the current state of Battle or PvP?
  • How small or wide is the scope of the suggestion/issue? Just PvP? Affects hunters? Day-to-day occurrence?
  • Does it require an immediate fix? Can it wait? What argument is there to not follow through with your suggestion?
Here is an example suggestion I made:

FlingSuggestion.png

Anyways, you don't have to go over the top as I did, but it does make for a better presentation. Look forward to what you lot decide to vouch for.

Suggestions

High Priority

Medium Priority

Low Priority
  • Fling (Move/Item Interactions) - suggested by AsianKid

To be determined

Abilities
1657160636082.png

SuggestionItems.png

• Heal Pulse (Move) - lobonatico
  • Facade (Move) - Fadoka
  • Trick (Move) - Fadoka
  • Counter (Tutor) - Fadoka
  • Explosion (TM) - Fadoka

• Magnezone (Evolution) - Fadoka

Better visuals coming soon!

Last edited:

Lobonatico

Ability: Magic Bounce

Besides the most important purpose of existance for Espeon and Xatu, its a passive way to reflect entry-hazards and status conditions. Without it, you don't see the mentioned pokemons on pvp, you reduce their usage drasticaly.

Ability: Sheer Force

For so long we kept our S Nidokings/queens at bay. It's time to release their true potential. Not only that, we could finally set up our Feraligatr for some usage on game with alternative movesets like Crunch/Ice Punch, by wearing a Life Orb those pokemons become true fearsome.

Ability: Unaware

Can we speak for a sec about this ability? It ignores the stat changes of the target when attacking. It means Clefable or even Quagsire can become a rock-star on stall teams to stop setup sweepers by ignoring their boosts, i can't see competitive sets for quagsire otherwise.

Ability: Cursed Body

We have some ghosts around now, we can't ignore the second ability utility forever. 30% chance to disable the offensive move used against the user can re-introduce new strategies. for Gengar, Jellicent and Froslass included. It affects our battles even against NPCs as well.

Move: Thunder
It needs adjustment to increase accuracy (from 70 to 100%) under rain weather.

Move: Heal Pulse
It affects directly our huntings, if they fix this move we can solve problems of wild pokemons getting theirselves hurt during a swarm. We saw it happens a lot on skorupi's swarm, HR pokemons fainting by struggle.

Item: Eviolite
Fix the effect already ingame to include: Magneton. This affect battles by making a big step for build our magnetons not as replacement or hope for a future magnezone but as a identity itself, like the difference between Chansey and Blissey.

Item: Lum Berry
Yeah, i'm asking the same question: They had a reason to give us berry as one of many rewards for a big xmas event. Of course we wish to make use of Lum Berry, i remember Dragonite for example is a big user for this berry. Frankly, the whole berry-system needs a revamp.

Mechanics: Toxic Orb / Flame Orb
Once you trick those items from opponent even a steel-pokemon can be badly poison / fire pokemons burned. Thats not supposed to happen.

Last edited:

AsianKid

Youngster
Move: Thunder
It needs adjustment to increase accuracy (from 70 to 100%) under rain weather.

I can confirm that Thunder is working as intended and is 100% accurate under the Rain. Otherwise, everything seems good and well to add.

Also, everyone is free to elaborate on an already suggested idea.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Abilities:

Defog with Gen6+ Mechanism: (Ultimate Combo Big time Crucial)
The only way to remove hazards currently is rapid spin move and it's only available on few good users mostly only starmie is viable for it on big stages. This is needed to add more to the metagame. I'm just saying this now since AV is already added and it's beyond Gen5 so lets go.

Magic Bounce: (Big time Crucial)
I believe that this is crucial. It is really needed because it will completely change the battle scene when it's fixed. You will not have to add a rapid spinner when you're afraid of hazards while you're creating a team. You can have an additional option that would actually work in a more effective way to counter hazards than spinning since you'd reverse the status moves back to the opponents when you switch a magic guard pokemon into it. It's only available for 2 pokemon which are Xatu and Espeon. It can bring both pokemon to the battling scene especially both are really amazing and can help in making the meta game more offensive and in my opinion this requires an immediate fix. I don't even think it's hard to fix.

Unaware: (Crucial)
This like sheer force, will have a partial change on the battle scene. When you see that most of PvPers are going for moves like swords dance and dragon dance for example. You basically would love something that would take such buffed hits like a very normal hit without the buff even when it's already buffed. It would bring pokemon that were like less than 1% used in battle scenes. Like Clefable and especially Quagsire. Quagsire itself would make a great pokemon in case it works since it's a ground type and that helps in team creation and team balancing.

Sheer force: (Doable anytime)
It's always great to see this working. It would bring some pokemon to the PvP scene occasionally like Nidoking and Tauros mostly. It just gives a bonus damage for certain moves so it's "EZ" to fix too. Also it gives a good option for offensive team making and wall breaking.

Harvest:
This will actually bring pokemon that is mostly likely never used before to the scene like Tropius. It can even provide more options to Exeggutor aside from the sun using.

Moves:
Facade: (Doable anytime)
Basically, It's a move that gets bonus damage when it's use is affected by a status move (paralysis, sleep, burn, poison, bad poison, etc.) and in the light of the current meta, this move is really essential since the status spamming is a thing. Also it would bring more normal type Pokemon into the scene since they would get same type advantage bonus over it's additional bonus when the Pokemon is status affected. Also pokemon with "Guts" ability will be brought more to the scene. Pokemon like Ursaring, Machamp (new option to use it as guts), Swellow, Hariyama, Flareon and more. It's a great move for wall breaking.

Trick: (Crucial in my opinion)
I'm not sure if it works at intended but in random battles last time I had the chance of having it, it wasn't working correctly. It forced me to use the same move after switching choice item with opponent so it forced me to switch. When this get fixed it can actually help a lot in countering fat walled teams. It basically block the walls from using one move in case you switch the choice item with them and making them unable to heal at least mostly. Or you slow them up if you give them the EV items.

Evolutions:

Magneton to Magnezone: (Crucial)
The addition of Magnezone as an evolution of Magneton is really needed since Magnezone on its own was only available for a very short period of time during one event only and It's really a great pokemon for PvP scene since it's a trapper. Hunting this pokemon with the required IVs to get the hidden power needed was almost impossible during that event. We all do have those Magnetons that we are waiting to evolve. I know this is in the work-in-progress for the islands or whatsoever, but still if it can be pushed earlier, it would always be better. I literally found zero HP fire Magnezone in game after searching pretty much with everyone (Even trash IVs)

Items:
Assault vest: (Big time Crucial)
Remember how choice items and leftovers changed the battle scene when it was added back then? This one will have the same impact if not even more. The current PvP meta has literally very few reliable SPDEF pokemon to work as checks (switch ins) or walls. It will bring more pokemon in and will actually find a way to counter certain pokemon in a creative way, opening more team options and adding newer pokemon to the PvP scene. Aside from the usual checks.

Lum berry:
Already added but not working as intended. It will be a great addition since it will help pokemon to cure from the widely used status moves from stallers.

Tutors and TMs:
Counter tutor:
It would be a great addition to some Pokemon to provide the source of surprise to the battle scene. Things like this is pretty interesting when it happens. It could make some Pokemon really good revenge killers as well.

Explosion TM:
Would make a great change in the scene by giving an advantage for suicide leads or normal type pokemon.

P.S: That was all stuff in my mind at the moment. I will edit this comment and add more once anything pops in mind.

Last edited:

Lobonatico

Items:
Remember how choice items and leftovers changed the battle scene when it was added back then? This one will have the same impact if not even more. The current PvP meta has literally very few reliable SPDEF pokemon to work as checks (switch ins) or walls. It will bring more pokemon in and will actually find a way to counter certain pokemon in a creative way, opening more team options and adding newer pokemon to the PvP scene. Aside from the usual checks.

I understand the statement for Assault Vest suggestion but i'm afraid i have to disagree for a major reason: This item was introduced in Gen VI, which brings us to a more deep discussion about what should be taken from future generations for convenience. for example Fairy-type was introduced on Gen VI too. So at this point we have to considerate that a lot have to change/update to keep us on the same page over Gen V before introducing new-generation artifice;

However, I must express that i hope for more TMs & Move-tutor accessibility.
In game we have permanent access to 40 out of 94. And only 3 moves from move-tutor.

With the upcoming Sevii Island expansion maybe we can get HM Dive and HM Surf to swing things up.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
I understand the statement for Assault Vest suggestion but i'm afraid i have to disagree for a major reason: This item was introduced in Gen VI, which brings us to a more deep discussion about what should be taken from future generations for convenience. for example Fairy-type was introduced on Gen VI too. So at this point we have to considerate that a lot have to change/update to keep us on the same page over Gen V before introducing new-generation artifice;

However, I must express that i hope for more TMs & Move-tutor accessibility.
In game we have permanent access to 40 out of 94. And only 3 moves from move-tutor.

With the upcoming Sevii Island expansion maybe we can get HM Dive and HM Surf to swing things up.

Let's disagree after I hunt it in event bruh. EZ.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Abilities:

The only way to remove hazards currently is rapid spin move and it's only available on few good users mostly only starmie is viable for it on big stages. This is needed to add more to the metagame. I'm just saying this now since AV is already added and it's beyond Gen5 so lets go.

I believe that this is crucial. It is really needed because it will completely change the battle scene when it's fixed. You will not have to add a rapid spinner when you're afraid of hazards while you're creating a team. You can have an additional option that would actually work in a more effective way to counter hazards than spinning since you'd reverse the status moves back to the opponents when you switch a magic guard pokemon into it. It's only available for 2 pokemon which are Xatu and Espeon. It can bring both pokemon to the battling scene especially both are really amazing and can help in making the meta game more offensive and in my opinion this requires an immediate fix. I don't even think it's hard to fix.

This like sheer force, will have a partial change on the battle scene. When you see that most of PvPers are going for moves like swords dance and dragon dance for example. You basically would love something that would take such buffed hits like a very normal hit without the buff even when it's already buffed. It would bring pokemon that were like less than 1% used in battle scenes. Like Clefable and especially Quagsire. Quagsire itself would make a great pokemon in case it works since it's a ground type and that helps in team creation and team balancing.

It's always great to see this working. It would bring some pokemon to the PvP scene occasionally like Nidoking and Tauros mostly. It just gives a bonus damage for certain moves so it's "EZ" to fix too. Also it gives a good option for offensive team making and wall breaking.

Harvest:
This will actually bring pokemon that is mostly likely never used before to the scene like Tropius. It can even provide more options to Exeggutor aside from the sun using.

Moves:
Basically, It's a move that gets bonus damage when it's use is affected by a status move (paralysis, sleep, burn, poison, bad poison, etc.) and in the light of the current meta, this move is really essential since the status spamming is a thing. Also it would bring more normal type Pokemon into the scene since they would get same type advantage bonus over it's additional bonus when the Pokemon is status affected. Also pokemon with "Guts" ability will be brought more to the scene. Pokemon like Ursaring, Machamp (new option to use it as guts), Swellow, Hariyama, Flareon and more. It's a great move for wall breaking.

I'm not sure if it works at intended but in random battles last time I had the chance of having it, it wasn't working correctly. It forced me to use the same move after switching choice item with opponent so it forced me to switch. When this get fixed it can actually help a lot in countering fat walled teams. It basically block the walls from using one move in case you switch the choice item with them and making them unable to heal at least mostly. Or you slow them up if you give them the EV items.

Evolutions:

The addition of Magnezone as an evolution of Magneton is really needed since Magnezone on its own was only available for a very short period of time during one event only and It's really a great pokemon for PvP scene since it's a trapper. Hunting this pokemon with the required IVs to get the hidden power needed was almost impossible during that event. We all do have those Magnetons that we are waiting to evolve. I know this is in the work-in-progress for the islands or whatsoever, but still if it can be pushed earlier, it would always be better. I literally found zero HP fire Magnezone in game after searching pretty much with everyone (Even trash IVs)

Items:

Lum berry:
Already added but not working as intended. It will be a great addition since it will help pokemon to cure from the widely used status moves from stallers.

Tutors and TMs:
Counter tutor:
It would be a great addition to some Pokemon to provide the source of surprise to the battle scene. Things like this is pretty interesting when it happens. It could make some Pokemon really good revenge killers as well.

Explosion TM:
Would make a great change in the scene by giving an advantage for suicide leads or normal type pokemon.

P.S: That was all stuff in my mind at the moment. I will edit this comment and add more once anything pops in mind.

Added some stuff too.

lWtRl

Youngster
Switching / Switching Moves (U-Turn, Volt-Switch, Baton Pass, etc) Mechanics (Highest priority without a doubt):
1)
I don't know what this bug/ glitch should be called. As far as I know, it happens when a Pokemon from Player A is fainted 1) while it is being switched in (e.g into Entry Hazard(s)), 2) by a switching move by Player B. Then, Player B is forced to click a move to continue (to end that round?) such that Player A can bring out his/ her next Pokemon.

This glitch adversely affects the overall enjoyment of PvP to a large extent as some players 1) might get DC'ed if they don't know they have to click a move while timer is still counting, 2) are forced to lock into a move if their Pokemon has a Choice Item w/o knowing which Pokemon their opponent is going to bring in next. Switching happens in every single game. There should be more reasons but I believe these two are convincing enough.

Here is a video of the glitch.

As you can see, Scizor finished Alakazam with a switching move (U-Turn) and Jolteon is being brought in. "Alakazam has fainted!", when the first time this message is out, that round should conclude. Notice right before Volt-Switch is clicked, the 60 sec's timer starts to count, meaning the player is forced to click a move or else time is up. After it is clicked, "Alakazam has fainted!" pops up once again. And now, the opponent can decide what to bring in vs the Jolteon (a new round?). Obviously, in this video, the Choice Specs Jolteon is forced to lock into a move with nothing in the field.

2)
Well, Pokemon that uses switching moves can escape from being hit by Pursuit. I had a game where I tried to Pursuit trap the opposing Jolteon with my Tyranitar. But the Jolteon somehow was not hit by the Pursuit at all and it hit on the next Pokemon coming in.

"Generations IV to VII

Pursuit will now hit any adjacent opponent that attempts to switch out (but not more than one per turn), regardless of who it originally targeted. This effect bypasses redirection effects such as Follow Me.

If the target is using U-turn, Volt Switch or Parting Shot, Pursuit's special effect will activate only if the user of Pursuit would usually act later than the target (its power will only be doubled in that case)." cited from
Bulbapedia (Pursuit).

That means, the Pursuit should've hit on the Jolteon no matter it was faster or not in this case. The only difference is the damage being doubled or not. If Jolteon is faster, Pursuit should hit on it and Power is doubled. If it is not, Pursuit should hit on it first with normal Power (40) and then, Jolteon uses Volt-Switch to switch out if it lives. I believe I recorded this too but I am not posting it here today if not needed.

And the list still goes on... EZ.

Last edited:

whisMEAT

Youngster
Switching / Switching Moves (U-Turn, Volt-Switch, Baton Pass, etc) Mechanics (Highest priority without a doubt):
1)
I don't know what this bug/ glitch should be called. As far as I know, it happens when a Pokemon from Player A is fainted 1) while it is being switched in (e.g into Entry Hazard(s)), 2) by a switching move by Player B. Then, Player B is forced to click a move to continue (to end that round?) such that Player A can bring out his/ her next Pokemon.

This glitch adversely affects the overall enjoyment of PvP to a large extent as some players 1) might get DC'ed if they don't know they have to click a move while timer is still counting, 2) are forced to lock into a move if their Pokemon has a Choice Item w/o knowing which Pokemon their opponent is going to bring in next. Switching happens in every single game. There should be more reasons but I believe these two are convincing enough.

Here is a video of the glitch.

As you can see, Scizor finished Alakazam with a switching move (U-Turn) and Jolteon is being brought in. "Alakazam has fainted!", when the first time this message is out, that round should conclude. Notice right before Volt-Switch is clicked, the 60 sec's timer starts to count, meaning the player is forced to click a move or else time is up. After it is clicked, "Alakazam has fainted!" pops up once again. And now, the opponent can decide what to bring in vs the Jolteon (a new round?). Obviously, in this video, the Choice Specs Jolteon is forced to lock into a move with nothing in the field.

2)
Well, Pokemon that uses switching moves can escape from being hit by Pursuit. I had a game where I tried to Pursuit trap the opposing Jolteon with my Tyranitar. But the Jolteon somehow was not hit by the Pursuit at all and it hit on the next Pokemon coming in.

"Generations IV to VII

Pursuit will now hit any adjacent opponent that attempts to switch out (but not more than one per turn), regardless of who it originally targeted. This effect bypasses redirection effects such as Follow Me.

If the target is using U-turn, Volt Switch or Parting Shot, Pursuit's special effect will activate only if the user of Pursuit would usually act later than the target (its power will only be doubled in that case)." cited from
Bulbapedia (Pursuit).

That means, the Pursuit should've hit on the Jolteon no matter it was faster or not in this case. The only difference is the damage being doubled or not. If Jolteon is faster, Pursuit should hit on it and Power is doubled. If it is not, Pursuit should hit on it first with normal Power (40) and then, Jolteon uses Volt-Switch to switch out if it lives. I believe I recorded this too but I am not posting it here today if not needed.

And the list still goes on... EZ.
small addition: switching in intimidate pokemons often intimidate the previously fainted pokemon

shodan21

Youngster
mold breaker ability, so scarfed rampardos can outspeed and ohko gengar with earthquake :oops:

also, facade tm exists in game, released in the... tepig event, i think? although i seem to recall some questioning as to whether it was working correctly... never tested it though, so can't say for sure.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Abilities:

Harvest:

Moves:

Evolutions:

Items:

Lum berry:

Tutors and TMs:
Counter tutor:

Explosion TM:

Gotta get this bumped as a thanking for adding Assault vest as requested. We also hope for more as well.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Gotta get this bumped as a thanking for adding Assault vest as requested. We also hope for more as well.
Also Sheer Force and Unaware were fixed. It's really appreciated and it actually played a role in the last official tournament. However, Magic bounce and trick are really crucial. As explained earlier:

Trick:

It is really important to fix and it already works as intended but it has a little bug which is that it forces you to use the same move all over again when you use it while holding choice item. It shouldn't be like that as it should allow you to choose a move again based on the item you get from opponent after switching items.

It is always great to see things being fixed every time I get to look at the list of stuff presented on this thread from time to time. But we always hope for more especially that these stuff will really elevate the PvP level in game.

Bugs on these moves/abilities were reported on playerdex: