Battle Tower is Live!

Reis03

I cabt enter game it says you you cant connect to pow server please try again later most likely pow serveer is currently turned off

Dalek

Electrofreak said:
are OHKO moves removed yet?
Are ohko moves solely what's stopping progression or are the NPC pokes moves good enough now to wear you down on their own?

Electrofreak

Dalek said:
Electrofreak said:
are OHKO moves removed yet?
Are ohko moves solely what's stopping progression or are the NPC pokes moves good enough now to wear you down on their own?

They can wear down now due to the status spam and lucky crits. Eventually luck does overcome but OHKO moves just ruin all sorts of strategy all together. When you go to do a switch to gain a type advantage, or to use a cleric.

I have not been able to test a tank team yet since there are still OHKO moves making tank style of play completely impossible for any long-term runs. Status/tank/hazard oriented teams are pointless due to OHKO, but they could, in theory, continue forever. However the amount of time a status/hazard/tank team takes to complete a single battle is MUCH longer so it would not be good for point farming. It would only be useful for trying to beat a survival record. Boosting a +6 sala then sweeping is much more efficient then setting up tons of hazards or waiting for toxic to take everything out.

It would need to be tested, but I honestly think there won't be an issue.

fableboy

i remember in battle towers in pokemon emerald,the lvls of the pokemon of opponents were equal to highest lvl poke of our team,but here its not the same,is it being worked on or?

fabio7koner

hello I wanted to know if the battle tower is still taking in PWO.
and I wanted to know where to stay in this tower game, .and how do I enter the tower, thank you for the attention you expect response.

Dalek

Hi Fabio, The Battle Tower is on Island 7 of the Sevii Islands, accessible via the ferry system.

xande7ost

GM wanted to help. I was having a battle against another online player, then my victories and no defeats aumentario. has not changed nada.queria know why

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
xande7ost said:
GM wanted to help. I was having a battle against another online player, then my victories and no defeats aumentario. has not changed nada.queria know why

This is off-topic. If you believe you have found a bug use the Player Suppbort forums or post on the Playerdex Bug Catcher.

As for your issue the most likely cause is you are battling against a player on the same IP as you- in the same house or hotspot for example.

One of the reasons we do not allow PvP wins to register between players on the same IP is to reduce the chance of players giving wins away, which is against our rules.

xande7ost

so if I play with my cousin in the same house it in his notebook and I in mine. ais victories does not count then, that so will mind when I play using other internet. I wanted the rules PVP battles

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
xande7ost said:
so if I play with my cousin in the same house it in his notebook and I in mine. ais victories does not count then

Correct.

I wanted the rules PVP battles

The only rule is you don't lose on purpose or battle with players who offer them. Other than that any custom rules should be agreed on by players before entering a battle, none are enforced by staff.

If you have further questions like this, please make a new post. We cannot continue this discussion here, it is off-topic to the forum post.

Baloooo

Just wanted to say thanks for this amazing Battle tower! I have been away for a while from PWO because I got bored but now I find it funny again! And so many things have been fixed all good.

I just wanted to know if you guys would consieder adding Dubious Disk as a item in battle tower? I have been waiting for Dubious Disk almost a year now :)

Thanks again.

Sylpharionz

Hi, I just found out a bug. I tried to teach TM09 Venoshock to my Gengar, but the system said that my Gengar can't learn this TM. This is weird, because both the PWO wiki (for the Battle Tower section of that TM) as well as Bulbapedia says that Gengar is able to learn this TM. Could you fix this?

This is the link to PWO wiki:
http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=TMs/Venoshock

Click the 'show' for "Pokémon which can learn this TM"

Sylpharionz

Also another thing, is Venoshock double power supposed to work with only Poisoned status in PWO? How about Badly Poisoned status (from toxic spikes), will it work as well? It works for both in the real game btw.