Battle Tower is Live!

Belemuel

Do I get an honorable mention in the development of this. After i did build some maps for the towers.

Dalek

I should have put the points back in for custom modes as people seem to like it now. Let me know if it isnt working still.

Electrofreak

Dalek said:
I should have put the points back in for custom modes as people seem to like it now. Let me know if it isnt working still.

Please put it back to 5 points for customs as this is ridiculous. 3 runs of 3 points isnt even worth 1 run of regular. This does not give a viable option to those people with limited time to earn anything worth a crap.

There should be a time-to-cost benefit in this mode as it does cost 45 battle points, but it should give overall less points, which is fair but currently it is not worth the time investment since you have to click and setup the match (in custom), as well as deal with time for teleportation and all that. Currently doing 3 runs of custom does not give a decent payout worth the 45 battle points at all.

If you are going to make it 3 points per run, then it shouldn't have a 45 battle point fee to purchase it as it will never be worth the time invested to buy it + the reduced payout being so crappy.

Most of the time I am cool with things being difficult or something that takes a long time for a goal, but for the prizes in battle tower this is just tedious given the crappy artificial difficulty via OHKO moves and status spam since there is no other way to wear people down in survival. Regular once you are level 9 just takes a while as well due to all the legends, which is fine. The problem is there is no middle ground anymore between spending hours in regular/survival and getting some points and logging out due to a busy schedule.

I hope this doesn't come across as rude or something but I just wanted to make it very clear how annoying this is. The battle tower was fun before and now it is just becoming a tedious task where the effort I put in gives me almost nothing. Just PLEASE for the love of all that is good just remove the OHKO moves and that will fix a lot of the issues.

Dalek

Thanks for the feedback. The problem with custom mode is people could pick 6 caterpies to fight and then that is no effort. The other special modes are still 5 points. They no longer cost 45 points, it was reduced to 30 a couple of days ago. Im waiting a week to see what the survival streaks are and after that I will either adjust points or remove the remaining OHKO moves.

Electrofreak

Dalek said:
Thanks for the feedback. The problem with custom mode is people could pick 6 caterpies to fight and then that is no effort. The other special modes are still 5 points. They no longer cost 45 points, it was reduced to 30 a couple of days ago. Im waiting a week to see what the survival streaks are and after that I will either adjust points or remove the remaining OHKO moves.

How many small children must be sacrificed to Cthulhu to make you take away the OHKO moves? Don't tempt me Dalek. :l

370749.jpg

Edit:

On a side note I do appreciate the near daily updates to the battle tower. Thank you for your service. (o.o)b

MaxChakra!

uhmm so how was me randomly losing a run just looked pass ....? shouldn't bugs be seen to first before adjusting or changing anything :-\

Relicanth

Youngster
Banned
MaxChakra! said:
uhmm so how was me randomly losing a run just looked pass ....? shouldn't bugs be seen to first before adjusting or changing anything :-\

Please if you were caught by a bug, report it at playerdex with the details such as what happened before,during and after when it happened. We do deal manually with few bugs when we tend to get caught by them sometimes but knowing bugs isnt something we can spawn at will we have the community to report bugs at our playerdex.

For a future reference (just to be aware some things arent really bugs) once the UTC time hits 0 am, any free tries you had from previous day are lost because Battle Tower works with daily tries.

Have a good one

Dalek

MaxChakra! said:

If you get disconnected because of your net connection it isnt a bug though? There is nothing that we can do about that? I'm sorry to hear that you were adversely affected by it though.

HOF69

Dalek said:
MaxChakra! said:

If you get disconnected because of your net connection it isnt a bug though? There is nothing that we can do about that? I'm sorry to hear that you were adversely affected by it though.

I have also encountered a bug resulting in the loss of runs. After doing a Special Battle, I then tried to do a Normal Battle in Regular Mode, only to find that the first NPC would not talk to me and therefore not battle. I logged out, and then tried to do another Normal Battle. When given the option of whether or not I wanted to end my Regular Mode series, I chose to end it, which resulted in the loss of a run even though I didn't even enter the NPC room.

Cleveland

Youngster
How does one increase their Battle Tower level? I want to use my Gen II and beyond pokes..

Electrofreak

ClevelandFan said:
How does one increase their Battle Tower level? I want to use my Gen II and beyond pokes..

Do regular mode runs and complete them. Each run levels you up until a possible level 9.

Cleveland

Youngster
Electrofreak said:
ClevelandFan said:

Do regular mode runs and complete them. Each run levels you up until a possible level 9.
No matter how well you do? Each run increases you a level? (I've only played Survival so far)

Relicanth

Youngster
Banned
ClevelandFan said:
Electrofreak said:
ClevelandFan said:

No matter how well you do? Each run increases you a level? (I've only played Survival so far)

By beating the 7th npc in regular mode, your level will increase by one.

Tio-Patinhas

an opinion of mine about the tower is that it has many necessary items in batle and the high price of protector is leaving the players the very thought of what to spend our hard-earned points xD, I would like if possible you guys could lower the price of the item are waiting a long time that Rhyperior got in the game, I myself have several rhydons to evolve more not be able to evolve one not so early in the protective price stand tall and be more necessary items for sale

Cleveland

Youngster
Relicanth said:
ClevelandFan said:
Electrofreak said:
ClevelandFan said:

That's the only way to increase level?

One level for each run that you beat the 7th npc in regular mode?

Dalek

ClevelandFan said:
Relicanth said:
ClevelandFan said:
Electrofreak said:
ClevelandFan said:

That's the only way to increase level?

One level for each run that you beat the 7th npc in regular mode?

Currently that is how it works. If you have any more suggestions for battle tower levels or how to gain them, what they should get you, feel free to pm me.