Battle Tower is Live!

Electrofreak

Dalek said:
Almighty-KP- said:
I do not see a problem with the amount of points required, I was thinking about maybe even increasing the amount??, Why?? Players often complain about getting bored in the game, battle tower is a way to get in the game and have something to do, the more points the more they do effort and not getting bored, though it should not be an extremely high amount either.

I suggest to keep adding held items so people keeps being interested in getting points in case they already have some of the items, same for evo items, maybe king rock, dubious disk being added? hmm any other evo item?, please do not decrease the points required for items, the more you decrease the points required the more we get tons of rhyperiors ingame, I would hate to see rhyperiors being sold for 200k in few weeks.

As for TMs, I would like to see the TMs in corner prize being replaced not only removed, TMs I was expecting to see Volt switch, U-turn, Roar, Dragon tail, Power-up punch, Knock off (fixed ofc), Hidden Power, and Protect (fixed ofc) these are kind of good TMs to give a bit more of impact to the battle scene

Thanks for the TM suggestions, I will discuss with other staff members about those. With regards to prices, I wasn't saying at any point the prices would be lowered, we have a set length of time in mind for how long we want each item to take to get ranging from one run through on regular mode for things like wings, to a month or so for the more desirable items. Of course with things like survival mode how it is currently setup, it is possible to get long runs and points quicker which for some makes obtaining the better items a bit more easy so we will be implementing improvements to the AI when we can and other measures. To get a true picture of prices we need to evaluate maybe after the tower has been out for a week or so and see where things stand and adjist

As for the evolve items suggested, kings rock does have plans for a different area of PWO and dubious disc is being considered here but maybe not until porygon is available in the wild.

the only place porygon is ever wild is in 4th gen trophy garden, at a very rare interval. there is no real canonical way to implement it in the wild.

Why not just have porygon and dubious disc as a package together for X points? You would still need upgrade from other sources to evolve it, so it doesn't instantly become a one-stop shop. The prospect of getting a really high amount of points for it would be neat as well. 1500 points for a porygon + dubious disc would make it a lofty goal, but something cool to have for those who put in the effort.

The-Predator

Youngster
You can either add the way Elektrofreak suggested or Via prize corner, 7 vouchers for a Porygon+Dubious disk does not sound that bad either..

MaxChakra!

not sure where to post this so I will just do it here ,I'm by the 10th npc in survival and still getting one point.. uhmm is this a bug or has it been changed ..?

Dalek

You now get 2 points for each battle between 11 and 35 for the moment

MaxChakra!

hmm the npcs from 6-10 should be as easy as 1-5 then but they're still pretty tough please change it back or at least make 6-10 npc as easy as 1-5.. I battled 9th npc and he had 2 diaglas :-\ , beating 2 diaglas for only 1 point sucks man

Tendou

MaxChakra! said:
hmm the npcs from 6-10 should be as easy as 1-5 then but they're still pretty tough please change it back or at least make 6-10 npc as easy as 1-5.. I battled 9th npc and he had 2 diaglas :-\ , beating 2 diaglas for only 1 point sucks man

Honestly I can't see anything wrong about your point. It is the Battle Tower, it isn't supposed to be always easy just because you are in a low tier. If you do not know we are currently fighting against dumb AIs which grants us a WAY more advantage on battling than you think because NPCs does not switch during battles neither has the proper moveset for their pokemon when they should be doing that and we don't have double battles as well so the Battle Tower for PWO is a WAY easier than it should be. It is just a matter of not being lazy to join the battle (and I would understand that as I do sometimes get lazy but yet thats not an excuse to nerf everything just because it will takes eons for you)

By the way, whats your battle level? What kind of team you are bringing to battle tower? What kind of strategy/moveset you are using in your team that can't handle X pokemons? Have you ever tried to change the way you are setting your pokemons in X mode? Whats happening when you are doing this? Remember it is not about getting powerful moves, if you are on survival of course you will need cleric pokes and/or ones that can stand by their own during long battles without depending on another pokemon and can heal themselves in the end (as wish isnt currently working for this game) thats the meaning of survival. And since Ive pointed Wish, once it is working the battle tower will be more easier than it is now, which is already easy.

Electrofreak

Currently the system (after the update) is fine. I am able to get to rounds 25-30 with ease so long as I don't get OHKO hax'd. What Tendou says is correct. You do need to bring a cleric with you in order to wipe status from your team. Another thing is you need pokemon with abilities to support your journey. Intimidate, volt absorb, natural cure, water absorb, to name a few, are all extremely helpful.

IVs arent nearly as helpful in battle tower, as strategy and proper EV investment is. You may also use a plethora of pokemon that you otherwise wouldn't. Espeon with Morning Sun, Calm Mind, Psychic, and Grass Knot is great for instance. It can heal itself, outspeed all the BT pokemon since they aren't invested, calm mind boost, and it reflects any status it gets back at the opponent with synchronize.

The random OHKO moves are annoying and honestly the only way me and a few others lose in battle tower. The legendaries arent an issue if you come prepared.

Jinga

I won 10 battle's with only gengar (with psychic and dream eater) and alakazam (not so much used) but got dc'ed due to bad internet and the ai is pretty poor so no need to nerf anything (just make the ai intelligent and survival mode would be very enjoyable).

MaxChakra!

merp.. i just got used to 6+ npc giving 2points, thats all lol. There's no need to question my strategy or give advice guys but thanks anyway for the concern

SoulCrusher

idk if this help for others..
Survival points,,
npc 1 to npc 10 = 1point
npc11 to npc35 =2points
npc36 to npc70 = 3points
npc71 to npc ?? =4 points

Zooks

All these new items are no doubt gonna change so many things, looking forward to it! However a concern of mine is with the release of eviolite, will there be a way of reverting our evolved pokemon to previous forms?

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
HOLY WOW, finally! Its good to see this get finished up, I just hope its what I imagined it would be.

Where's my mention though? >_>

LunaticJames

Content maker
Chocobo7 said:
HOLY WOW, finally! Its good to see this get finished up, I just hope its what I imagined it would be.

"Planned by a bird, developed by the Dalek's and rockfish"
The truth sounds scary >,>

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
LunaticJames said:
Chocobo7 said:

"Planned by a bird, developed by the Dalek's and rockfish"
The truth sounds scary >,>
We are a crazy combination :D

HOF69

I just did a Custom Battle and got no points for winning. Is this a bug or was something changed?

DomT.

Youngster
HOF69 said:
I just did a Custom Battle and got no points for winning. Is this a bug or was something changed?
Custom Battle is just for fun,You can battle whatever pokemon u want to but only those of u have seen data,Meh i guess there is no bug with this battle,i tried it twice and it gave me points,although Custom battle only gives 5 points per battle,Ofcourse it is a just a fun battle so getting 5 points isnt bad but atleast staff should increase the points of it :)

HOF69

DomT. said:
HOF69 said:
Custom Battle is just for fun,You can battle whatever pokemon u want to but only those of u have seen data,Meh i guess there is no bug with this battle,i tried it twice and it gave me points,although Custom battle only gives 5 points per battle,Ofcourse it is a just a fun battle so getting 5 points isnt bad but atleast staff should increase the points of it :)

I know it only gives 5 points per battle, but I got zero, that's the problem.

Electrofreak

HOF69 said:
DomT. said:
HOF69 said:

I tested this for confirmation as well, and indeed it is not awarding the 5 points per battle at the moment.

DomT.

Youngster
Electrofreak said:
HOF69 said:
DomT. said:
HOF69 said:

I tested this for confirmation as well, and indeed it is not awarding the 5 points per battle at the moment.
Same Here Just Tested and Not getting 5 Points

MaxChakra!

Do we lose a battle run if we disconnect during survival? because I just started for the day with my 1st run (i have 6) I got disconnected due to my net connection, logged back on now and I only have 4 runs.. :-\