Battle Tower is Live!

Rigaudon

Youngster
Hello, Pokemon World Online! We are pleased to announce that the Battle Tower is up and running. For those of you with 16 badges, hop aboard the nearest ferry boat and embark on your journey to duke it out for battle points!

You can exchange battle points for a wide variety of prizes ranging from TMs to EV training items, and you can even use them to unlock new modes of play. Finally, you can try and beat other players' high scores so that your name will be displayed to other battle tower trainers. Just remember - if you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to report them to us so that they can be fixed.

Good luck out there.

ZzStaz

NIce Great update *_* .... almost waiting this for a year :)

parquettistapazzo

Youngster
nice update! Does defeating pokemon in the battle tower provide EVs? Because i'm pretty sure the it doesn't happen in official pokemon games...

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
As a rule: if the Pokemon gives you EXP, it will give you EV points.

goldrake

Is it possible to have a guide about the new items of the Battle Tower? I never seen these items and I dunno how they works.

Rigaudon

Youngster
As a rule of thumb, the items should function the same as the handhelds. So if you see something you aren't familiar with, don't be afraid to look it up on bulbapedia or serebii, for example.

HOF69

A few questions for staff. I know that the number of battle points gained per battle gradually increases as you go through Survival Mode. Does the same happen as you do more consecutive runs in Regular Mode? If so, and if you have been doing Regular Mode runs for a while, then decide to switch over to Survival, does that reset the battle points gained from Regular back to 1 point per battle?

The-Predator

Youngster
I must say, I am glad that the battle tower is finally released, though I must be honest and say, I am dissapointed to see the TM rewards you added. I have noticed that current limitations in the battle system, makes all the players go for power more then strategy, Thus why in PWO we need TMs that have power+stab or power+efectiveness against user weakness, So:

-Poison Jab: Since there is no fairy-type added, it not so useful but against grass type (which no one is using atm due to lack of TMs/moves that could deal damage against dragon type pokemon, or even metagross/gyarados, (Easy targets to boost)

-Brick Break: Is a nice addition, but we can get moves more powerful by egg move (like close combat) and, Reflect/light Screen not used due to players applying the no switching battle rule. ( Players wants power not strategy)

-Venoshock: it is a nice TM, when a pokemon is statused it becomes a powerful move, but I blame the type at all (poison is not a popular type in PWO) though I am ok with this one.

-Flame Charge: hmm it is kind of useful, even though it is not a popular move (even in handhelds or battle simulators), inflicting damage and get a +1 boost spd is nice so I am ok with this one as well.

-Acrobatics: It is an OK move, but when I went to check the voucher prizes, it is still at prize corner, hmm Would be cool if it can be replaced with any other TM?

-Gyro ball: same as Acrobatics.

-Focus Blast: Same as Gyro Ball and Acrobatics (lack of imagination? >:D )

The Other TMs are just fine, but yet again, Dawn stone as Prize :/ , we still have more pokemon that are able to evolve but we do not have the item, but you decided to add a stone that was already ingame, not sure but I think the NPC that sells them is still ingame ._. .

Do not take it like a complain but a constructive feedback post.

*Edit: Since more Held Items are released, I would like to suggest the Knock Off move to be fixed, It is needed and so useful.

MaxChakra!

KP makes some good points, also I am a bit confused as to why dawn stone is there for 450 points it's not really a valued item or something highly sought after by players and kind of makes no sense to put it there with something new like protector.Would it not make more sense to add something like kings rock? I guess you guys must have other plans for implementing it though .. anyway like KP said not complaining , just giving some feedback :)

HOF69

HOF69 said:
A few questions for staff. I know that the number of battle points gained per battle gradually increases as you go through Survival Mode. Does the same happen as you do more consecutive runs in Regular Mode? If so, and if you have been doing Regular Mode runs for a while, then decide to switch over to Survival, does that reset the battle points gained from Regular back to 1 point per battle?

Wanted to bump these questions. Also, another question: is there any type of mode that gives more than 2 points per battle?

Mega.S

Well 800 point for protector is to much... You need play for 27 days and in all days use 3 tries in regular more for get 30 points...
You already give some evolution items in events that you can complete faster..
In my opinion you should place evolution items at 300-400 points for you can get it in 10-14 days if you play all days...

HOF69

Might I also recommend to staff that there be further point increases in Survival Mode. Currently you earn 1 point for each of the first five battles, then 2 points for every battle after. I believe there should be further increases as you increase your streak, such as 3 points after battle 20, 4 points after battle 40, etc.

DomT.

Youngster
+I would like to see Pokemon giving EXP,I Tried using a lvl 90 Hypno but the other NPC Trainers at battle tower didnt give any of the exp,its a simple suggestion

Jinga

DomT. said:
+I would like to see Pokemon giving EXP,I Tried using a lvl 90 Hypno but the other NPC Trainers at battle tower didnt give any of the exp,its a simple suggestion

They usually don't give exp in handhelds FYI (and they should remain the same imo)

Dalek

Almighty-KP- said:
I must say, I am glad that the battle tower is finally released, though I must be honest and say, I am dissapointed to see the TM rewards you added. I have noticed that current limitations in the battle system, makes all the players go for power more then strategy, Thus why in PWO we need TMs that have power+stab or power+efectiveness against user weakness, So:

-Poison Jab: Since there is no fairy-type added, it not so useful but against grass type (which no one is using atm due to lack of TMs/moves that could deal damage against dragon type pokemon, or even metagross/gyarados, (Easy targets to boost)

-Brick Break: Is a nice addition, but we can get moves more powerful by egg move (like close combat) and, Reflect/light Screen not used due to players applying the no switching battle rule. ( Players wants power not strategy)

-Venoshock: it is a nice TM, when a pokemon is statused it becomes a powerful move, but I blame the type at all (poison is not a popular type in PWO) though I am ok with this one.

-Flame Charge: hmm it is kind of useful, even though it is not a popular move (even in handhelds or battle simulators), inflicting damage and get a +1 boost spd is nice so I am ok with this one as well.

-Acrobatics: It is an OK move, but when I went to check the voucher prizes, it is still at prize corner, hmm Would be cool if it can be replaced with any other TM?

-Gyro ball: same as Acrobatics.

-Focus Blast: Same as Gyro Ball and Acrobatics (lack of imagination? >:D )

The Other TMs are just fine, but yet again, Dawn stone as Prize :/ , we still have more pokemon that are able to evolve but we do not have the item, but you decided to add a stone that was already ingame, not sure but I think the NPC that sells them is still ingame ._. .

Do not take it like a complain but a constructive feedback post.

*Edit: Since more Held Items are released, I would like to suggest the Knock Off move to be fixed, It is needed and so useful.

Thanks for the feedback. Out of interest which TMs do you feel are missing then and would be better suited here? The TMs that overlap here with prize corner are being removed from prize corner. With regards to Dawn stone the logic here is, it was not supposed to be released in the manor it was and this is a long term update so whilst many people do currently have Dawn stones and the Pokemon that evolve using it, this is the long term place the item is wanted to be obtained from.

Dalek

MasterS2 said:
Well 800 point for protector is to much... You need play for 27 days and in all days use 3 tries in regular more for get 30 points...
You already give some evolution items in events that you can complete faster..
In my opinion you should place evolution items at 300-400 points for you can get it in 10-14 days if you play all days...

The amount of points each mode/battle yields, the cost of each prizes are going to be reviewed constantly but Protector was meant to be a prize that does take quite a lot of effort to obtain.

The-Predator

Youngster
I do not see a problem with the amount of points required, I was thinking about maybe even increasing the amount??, Why?? Players often complain about getting bored in the game, battle tower is a way to get in the game and have something to do, the more points the more they do effort and not getting bored, though it should not be an extremely high amount either.

I suggest to keep adding held items so people keeps being interested in getting points in case they already have some of the items, same for evo items, maybe king rock, dubious disk being added? hmm any other evo item?, please do not decrease the points required for items, the more you decrease the points required the more we get tons of rhyperiors ingame, I would hate to see rhyperiors being sold for 200k in few weeks.

As for TMs, I would like to see the TMs in corner prize being replaced not only removed, TMs I was expecting to see Volt switch, U-turn, Roar, Dragon tail, Power-up punch, Knock off (fixed ofc), Hidden Power, and Protect (fixed ofc) these are kind of good TMs to give a bit more of impact to the battle scene

Dalek

Almighty-KP- said:
I do not see a problem with the amount of points required, I was thinking about maybe even increasing the amount??, Why?? Players often complain about getting bored in the game, battle tower is a way to get in the game and have something to do, the more points the more they do effort and not getting bored, though it should not be an extremely high amount either.

I suggest to keep adding held items so people keeps being interested in getting points in case they already have some of the items, same for evo items, maybe king rock, dubious disk being added? hmm any other evo item?, please do not decrease the points required for items, the more you decrease the points required the more we get tons of rhyperiors ingame, I would hate to see rhyperiors being sold for 200k in few weeks.

As for TMs, I would like to see the TMs in corner prize being replaced not only removed, TMs I was expecting to see Volt switch, U-turn, Roar, Dragon tail, Power-up punch, Knock off (fixed ofc), Hidden Power, and Protect (fixed ofc) these are kind of good TMs to give a bit more of impact to the battle scene

Thanks for the TM suggestions, I will discuss with other staff members about those. With regards to prices, I wasn't saying at any point the prices would be lowered, we have a set length of time in mind for how long we want each item to take to get ranging from one run through on regular mode for things like wings, to a month or so for the more desirable items. Of course with things like survival mode how it is currently setup, it is possible to get long runs and points quicker which for some makes obtaining the better items a bit more easy so we will be implementing improvements to the AI when we can and other measures. To get a true picture of prices we need to evaluate maybe after the tower has been out for a week or so and see where things stand and adjist

As for the evolve items suggested, kings rock does have plans for a different area of PWO and dubious disc is being considered here but maybe not until porygon is available in the wild.