Battle System Updates

Tecknician

Update:

Real life issues have pulled me away from pwo til further notice, my personal time has been dramatically cut and as a result I am hesitant to change anything to the game unless I know I have adequate time for testing.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
First post updated.

Echoed Voice now hits only once instead of twice at 90 power.

Solarbeam is now low priority and should hit last. (best that can be done for now)

Last Resort is now 90 power, 95 accuracy.

Mud Shot should now only reduce the opponent speed one level instead of two.

These changes will go live on the next server restart and are to be tested by YOU, the beta testers. :) Any issues please post them here.

HOF69

Thank you very much Fonty, and to Teck. Great updates that were really needed.

Not sure if this has been pointed out before, but I also wanted to say that in PWO Bug-type is weak to Poison-type. While that was true in Generation 1 games, Bug-type has been neutral against Poison-type since Generation 2.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
HOF69 said:
Not sure if this has been pointed out before, but I also wanted to say that in PWO Bug-type is weak to Poison-type. While that was true in Generation 1 games, Bug-type has been neutral against Poison-type since Generation 2.

This will require staff only testing time, so will have to wait for another day.

HOF69

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I wanted to re-inform the staff of a bug that has existed for quite some time. I'm not fully aware of the conditions needed for this bug to arise, but this screenshot is one of the most common examples. Something having to do with special defense being lowered and speed being raised results in the latter not happening.

http://prntscr.com/38hmwr

Based on this scenario, Kingdra's speed should have increased to 408, but nothing happened because having its special defense lowered activated some kind of bug.

nemo55

Yup, I had the exact same issue as HOF69, it almost cost me the battle, luckily i pulled out a victory. ^-^

Op3mWxF.png

Nikola

Youngster
Oh yeah, very annoying bug. It's very known. Will always happen if speed and spdef are one to change their stats in the same turn. Becomes more annoying when you are dealing with 2 stages up/down moves. Typhlosion uses flame charge while Gengar used shadow ball before that. If Shadow ball had effect flame charge will not increase the speed.

http://i.imgur.com/DcShlYb.png

-As you can see, Speed and SPdef are hating themselves if used together. When I used agility, fake tears had no effect. I used Dragon Dance then fake tears had effect. However I used Agility right after and instead of increasing my speed it decreased for 2 stages. Spamming agility again while opponent is spamming fake tears does no changes, like those 2 are having common calculations.

HOF69

In addition to that special defense/speed bug described in the replies above, I also wanted to re-inform staff of the ongoing abuse of another bug. Namely, Tauros being able to use Scary Face after using Giga Impact. Recharge normally prevents a Pokemon from using any moves, be they attacks or status moves. In PWO, however, a Pokemon can use status moves after having used a move that requires recharge. The Tauros example is really the only one that I've observed, and based on my conversations with other players that have experienced this bug in battle, it has become more widely used with the recent surge in Tauros popularity.

Just making sure the descriptions of these bugs don't get lost among all the other topics.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
While I definitely appreciate solarbeam being low priority, would it be possible to make it have a recharge turn in addition to the low priority? That way it would almost completely simulate the handhelds, where in 2 turns it can attack only once, and only after the opposing pokemon attacks at least once. While it helps, it doesn't help that much when looking at pokemon such as snorlax who would be attacking last anyway, and pokemon who don't die after the second attack from the opposing pokemon.

HOF69

That's actually a very good idea Eco. I'd certainly be in favor of recharge, as long as the decreased priority remains.

Dragon16

Youngster
Not sure if this was supposed to be fixed with the release of the new client, but This is still happening :
3u3oeR7.png