Battle System Updates

DomT.

Youngster
Fadoka_1 said:
Solarbeam .... over powered ... i guess fire pokes shouldn't beat water one like this http://prntscr.com/2xl885 solarbeam user should absorb sunlight first then strike second turn .. not online strikes like ingame atm
idk so fad bcoz if it gonna take sunlight first then it would be wastage of One.Move and Maybe Till Then ur Arcade/Typholsion/ Zard maybe faint,well I know that it tooks sunlight first and then attacks in anime or in other games too,but I think it would be great if there would be no change in it

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
UW01 said:
Fadoka_1 said:
Solarbeam .... over powered ... i guess fire pokes shouldn't beat water one like this http://prntscr.com/2xl885 solarbeam user should absorb sunlight first then strike second turn .. not online strikes like ingame atm
idk so fad bcoz if it gonna take sunlight first then it would be wastage of One.Move and Maybe Till Then ur Arcade/Typholsion/ Zard maybe faint,well I know that it tooks sunlight first and then attacks in anime or in other games too,but I think it would be great if there would be no change in it
everyone has his opinion and i respect yours but it isn't cool to abuse an OP move thinking u are a great battler + that needs to be fixed in my opinion

HOF69

Pokemon are not meant to be able to use Solarbeam without a charge turn unless intense sunlight is in effect. As weather conditions do not exist in PWO battles, all Pokemon should be required to have a charge turn when attempting to use Solarbeam. The move is clearly overpowered as it currently is, allowing Fire Pokemon to severely limit the number of viable Water, Ground and Rock types in battle. The staff have recognized that this is an issue, but we'll need to be patient until a fix can be implemented.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
HOF69 said:
Pokemon are not meant to be able to use Solarbeam without a charge turn unless intense sunlight is in effect. As weather conditions do not exist in PWO battles, all Pokemon should be required to have a charge turn when attempting to use Solarbeam. The move is clearly overpowered as it currently is, allowing Fire Pokemon to severely limit the number of viable Water, Ground and Rock types in battle. The staff have recognized that this is an issue, but we'll need to be patient until a fix can be implemented.
totally agreed and i am waiting.

Nikola

Youngster
Fadoka_1 said:
Yeah totally agree. It's totally broken and should have it's power decreased by 50% or make it to recharge (optional).

Last resort and Sucker Punch are ridiculously broken and OP. I don't have any special comment for Last resort because I already spoke about that move in several occasions. It's very OP and broken. Giving power of 1 point to last resort is more optional, unlike 120 as it is now. It's overused move, mostly used by a snorlax who is probably the most common pokemon in modern PvP. Snorlax is able to learn a lot of TMs and theres Giga Impact having power of 150 plus stab.

Sucker Punch become very overused. It's heavily broken in PWO plus it strikes with full power of 80 and it's priority is set to +1. That move shouldn't have any effect if I switch out or if I want to use non-damage dealing move such as confuse ray, agility or sleep move. In PWO it will attack no matter what move I use. I would like to suggest 2 solutions for this move until we get proper battle update. Give it a Pursuit treatment (optional, priority set to 0) or decrease its power to 30.

Bad-News-dodo

you dont imagine how many battles i've lost because of the gigaimpact glitch about 43 . i use it and in another battle it tells me recharge , and not everytime i use it i'll remember that i have to battle a wild poke to get rid of it .

- recoil damage needs to be put in battles also , flareblitz has no recoil , double edge has no recoil . i mean if u have a meta against an arca 12 hp , he used lareblitz to win , he should die also because of recoil as flareblitz receive 1/3 damage

-reversal : reversal's damage varies depending on ur hp , if high u deal low damage , if low u deal high damage , , its very powerful in pwo as there is no damage varity and i say that because i use snorlax alot

- eruption : now , please , this move is outstanding , its like leafstorm but with fire , can u fix it ? its power is 75 and doesnt decreases spat kharshly , but its real power is 150 and decrease spatk by 2 stages

-ancient power : its not supposed to increase speed by 1 stage only , its supposed ot increase every stat by 1 stage so as ominous wind

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Darcia said:
Last resort and Sucker Punch are ridiculously broken and OP. I don't have any special comment for Last resort because I already spoke about that move in several occasions. It's very OP and broken. Giving power of 1 point to last resort is more optional, unlike 120 as it is now. It's overused move, mostly used by a snorlax who is probably the most common pokemon in modern PvP. Snorlax is able to learn a lot of TMs and theres Giga Impact having power of 150 plus stab.

Sucker Punch become very overused. It's heavily broken in PWO plus it strikes with full power of 80 and it's priority is set to +1. That move shouldn't have any effect if I switch out or if I want to use non-damage dealing move such as confuse ray, agility or sleep move. In PWO it will attack no matter what move I use. I would like to suggest 2 solutions for this move until we get proper battle update. Give it a Pursuit treatment (optional, priority set to 0) or decrease its power to 30.
agreed with u about those and i would be adding dream eater since its horrible cuz it can let starmie ohko gengar while that shouldn't be happening since starmie doesn't even have a sleeper move .. that too

pokearcanine

Darcia said:

I agree with u about Last resort,but Sucker punch seems ok to me,this because Sucker punch is a +1 priority move that only hits if opponent uses an attacking move.As we are talking about PWO,we can safely say that people only use attacking moves in like 95% of a battle,because battle system isnt implemented yet to the point that people will use hazard,healing,phazing moves,etc.As Pwo is indeed "all about atacking" i dont see where its OP,and in my opinion it should stay as it is for now.

Nikola

Youngster
pokearcanine said:
I agree with u about Last resort,but Sucker punch seems ok to me,this because Sucker punch is a +1 priority move that only hits if opponent uses an attacking move.As we are talking about PWO,we can safely say that people only use attacking moves in like 95% of a battle,because battle system isnt implemented yet to the point that people will use hazard,healing,phazing moves,etc.As Pwo is indeed "all about atacking" i dont see where its OP,and in my opinion it should stay as it is for now.
The move is not working as intended. You can't have something broken jsut because of imaginary balance. If broken move is doing an imaginary balance then something is wrong with previous steps when updates were done. I am strongly against such things. We don't have any basic working moves to prevent Sucker punch of doing it's effect. See, you cant even confuse the opponent nor you can't use protect. We don't even have abilites and held items. Only way to counter the move itself is using higher priority move. IMO, this is something that it has to be looked into.

AncientWizard

I think all moves are ok as they are exept for (solarbeam) which is more than OP and moves like(fire spin,whirlpool,Sand Tomb,Echoed Voice,mud shot).
Just my opinion ;D

The-Predator

Youngster
While sucker punch is in fact a priority move, it only should be able to hit if ( Dar said it already), so yeah it is kinda OP as well as last resort, and no doubt solar beam is wayyyyy too OP fire pokemon shouldnt be able to defeat water pokemon nor ground, rock type pokemon.

there are several other moves needed in PWO, while i understand some moves arent able to be added due to the limits of client, then some other solutions must be ingame, we have no held items, natures, abilities, TMs missed, but i think we can work on what we have atm, for some temp solution on what OP is/are atm, we have those movements as an example, they aren´t working the way they should, can we try a possible solution for em?

I know you guys dont want to nerf some movements because more complains about inexperienced players would come, though it is really needed

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Honestly, given pwo's battle mechanics I find sucker punch to be fine as it is and should only be changed once alternative battle strategies become possible. Imo any changes made to sucker punch currently would end up bringing back the poosting spam. While I agree with you on what concerns last resort and solarbeam, I'd like to add a 3rd move that can be considered op as well: echoes voice. First of all because it has no chance at all of hitting twice in the same turn on the handhelds, secondly because all moves that have varying powers on the handhelds had their powers averaged on pwo.

Tendou

I cant see how OP is sucker punch, game is changing so some strategies will. Sucker Punch itself isnt OP and the main reason for the removal of Pursuit is about Metagross own it. If Sucker Punch is that OP so is Extreme Speed GodPowered? Sucker Punch Priority made some impossible-to-win pokes being able to win against certain characters (like Banette vs Gengar). So the is the nerfing about letting the overused pokemons being able to do not get affected by ANY attack?

And yes, Resort an Solar beam are OP, not about laxes and arcas, it is the way it is currently in. Recharge for Solar and Resort are the best options cause to tell the truth Last Resort was supposed to be a broken move without any damage as far i can see from others non-damaging moves inside PWO that requires some special conditions.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
-Last resort should be moved to 95-100 power, like what outrage should be until both moves can be fixed. I personally hate that outrage can miss, and would be disappointed to see LR's accuracy decreased. This should be done after EQ is added to still give lax some use in battle as starmie will always be an issue and he needs versatility. power at 95-100 would still leave body slam as a decent option when taking into account the possibility of paralysis.
-If solarbeam isn't nerfed it needs to be removed from fire pokemon entirely, like what happened to hammer arm on slaking. If grass pokemon are so very fragile that a properly working move would hurt them that much, and making it work properly isn't an option then at least this can be done.
-Mud shot is ridiculous, it should decrease speed by 1 stage, for god's sake it's allowing such abuse of which pokemon should beat others it's almost as bad as Solarbeam.
-People are abusing the hell out of the glitch with recharge (being able to use non damaging moves after giga or hyper). The most common occurrence is using scary face after giga impact on tauros, and it's absurd.
-I don't see a huge issue with sucker punch, however I can see where Darcia is coming from, and how it deters from strategy.
-Echoed voice is an issue obviously, and it's already been stated many many times, but with such moves like echoed voice and rollout, it's not really common for them to rack up that many attacks for them to become that powerful, so I'd argue that it can be made into 90 power or so just like rollout. Togekiss will basically make it known just how overpowered it is currently.

Sorry for the long list, I know this isn't going to happen overnight and I don't want to rush you, just share my feelings since it seems to be a trend for today.

HOF69

EcoWOLFrb said:
-Last resort should be moved to 95-100 power, like what outrage should be until both moves can be fixed. I personally hate that outrage can miss, and would be disappointed to see LR's accuracy decreased. This should be done after EQ is added to still give lax some use in battle as starmie will always be an issue and he needs versatility. power at 95-100 would still leave body slam as a decent option when taking into account the possibility of paralysis.
-If solarbeam isn't nerfed it needs to be removed from fire pokemon entirely, like what happened to hammer arm on slaking. If grass pokemon are so very fragile that a properly working move would hurt them that much, and making it work properly isn't an option then at least this can be done.
-Mud shot is ridiculous, it should decrease speed by 1 stage, for god's sake it's allowing such abuse of which pokemon should beat others it's almost as bad as Solarbeam.
-People are abusing the hell out of the glitch with recharge (being able to use non damaging moves after giga or hyper). The most common occurrence is using scary face after giga impact on tauros, and it's absurd.
-I don't see a huge issue with sucker punch, however I can see where Darcia is coming from, and how it deters from strategy.
-Echoed voice is an issue obviously, and it's already been stated many many times, but with such moves like echoed voice and rollout, it's not really common for them to rack up that many attacks for them to become that powerful, so I'd argue that it can be made into 90 power or so just like rollout. Togekiss will basically make it known just how overpowered it is currently.

Sorry for the long list, I know this isn't going to happen overnight and I don't want to rush you, just share my feelings since it seems to be a trend for today.

I must emphasize to staff the pressing need to edit these moves. These broken moves are being heavily exploited and ruining the battle system.

Also, want to point out that even without Last Resort, Starmie is and always will be zero threat to Snorlax. Crunch takes care of it with incredible ease. Just being able to use Last Resort over Crunch to beat Starmie should not be a reason to keep the move from being nerfed.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Several of these changes have been confirmed and have not been forgotten, you guys just need to be patient and wait for Teck to have the time to do them.

As for
glitch with recharge (being able to use non damaging moves after giga or hyper)
This is not a glitch. That is how they are supposed to work.

Tecknician

HitmonFonty said:
Several of these changes have been confirmed and have not been forgotten, you guys just need to be patient and wait for Teck to have the time to do them.

As for
Incorrect, this is a glitch.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Empress Teck said:
HitmonFonty said:

As for
Incorrect, this is a glitch.

Ah, I misread it then. I thought they meant that the opposing pokemon was using non damaging moves on the cooldown turn. lol

DomT.

Youngster
According To Me,Sucker Punch is OP move,as example u can see through Absol,First Use Swords Dance which increase ark and then Sucker Punch which make pokes easily faint,2nd example as Honchkrow,He also uses Sucker Punch which make him too powerful,

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
That would be if absol had the bulk to pull a swords dance regardless of the opponent, which it doesn't. And honchkrow isn't too powerful at all, priority introduced pwo to revenge killers, it's a matter of adaptation to that now and while it is true suckder punch doesn't completely mirror the way it works on the handhelds there isn't really much of a difference to them given the way pwo's battle scene works. On the day pwo allows for more defensive strategies (relying on fully working status, hazards and phazing and so on) then sucker punch should be edited to make it mirror the handhelds if possible