Battle System Updates

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
My guess is that we are in a whole new generation of PWO battles right now. On her first attempt our Madame Teck has managed to do what nobody before has done- add a second term effect for a move. To me this bodes well for her being able to make multi turn moves like wrap for example, work as intended- and for making solar beam/fly etc work as intended also. Maybe even outrage could have confusion effect after 2-3 turns like it should, who knows? I think we should give the gal a chance to continue what she started before discussing nerfing again.

In other words, this is just the beginning- have patience. ;D

What I AM reading here is that what Teck has done with two turns moves so far is working and working well- no complaints or bug reports. I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Rafayel

Alex_Louis_Armstrong said:
Found a second glitch
http://prntscr.com/2o4mna
The second time he used Giga impact he didn't have to recharge, he was able to use Scary face on my ttar

this happened to me too. after using giga my opponent was able to use scary face immediately, but the next move, when he tried to use an attacking skill he had to recharge..

fOxys

hello, I was a victim of this bug in the battles of pwo.

http://prntscr.com/2qbbhm

i use thunder fang with S arca and S gyarados kill me, i put Tauros and choose Thrash and my tauros don't attack first that S gyarados. It's because i was recovering from last giga impact from my aerodactyl or from last battle?

It's a bug to be fix? or have another explanation?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
So you're saying that aero used giga impact and tauros had to wait out the turn without using a move? If that was happening I could only see it happening if aero fainted int he same turn it used giga impact.

If your tauros used giga impact in a previous battle to this one without waiting the extra turn there AND this is its first turn in this battle, then yes that glitch has already been reported.

I suggest that after any battle where you KO on the last move with one of these recharge moves, that you enter a wild battle with that pokemon to use up that recharge turn before battling in PvP again. That's assuming that healing in the PC isn't an option, which should also remove the effect.

fOxys

I have not done more battles this day. but I think may have happened much what you say in the second topic as you say in the first ... At the moment I can not remember if I used the Giga Impact with Tauros in the previous battle.

Anyway until the bug is resolved, I will follow your advice.

Thank you. =)

Mumetufu

"2/10
Pursuit is no longer priority move."
Players spent couple houndreds of thousands to change their movesets and now we are just kindly informed that it was a waste. Really good job. 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. That's how you work? At least can we have a resonable explanation why have you done this?

Dovee

Youngster
Mumetufu said:
"2/10
Players spent couple houndreds of thousands to change their movesets and now we are just kindly informed that it was a waste. Really good job. 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. That's how you work? At least can we have a resonable explanation why have you done this?

Pursuit did not work properly and it made Metagross extremely powerful and caused it to counter pokemon it should not counter

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Mumetufu said:
"2/10

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=30436
If only some people would open their eyes before their mouths. You're quite rude.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Mumetufu said:
"2/10

The reasonable explanation is that while testing priority moves it was attempted to make pursuit work as it should- as in make it a higher priority move than changing pokemon. However by the time it was realised that that wasn't going to happen downtime had already gone longer than intended, so it was left as is with a high priority. As with some other moves this may have been left alone if it had no detrimental effect on the battle system. It turns out that it does- that pursuit is an OP move on some pokemon who are already strong battlers.

In short pursuit is not supposed to have priority in normal battle situations, so it has had priority removed as it should be.

HOF69

Having just done a test of Sneasel's Ice Shard vs. Arcanine's Extremespeed, I noticed that Extremespeed does not have higher priority as it should. Extremespeed should have a priority of +2, whereas Ice Shard (among many other moves) is +1.

HOF69

Not sure if I should post this here or in Broken Moves, but seeing as this topic is more recent and active, I'll do it here.

Noticed that Mud Shot is lowering the speed of a Pokemon it hits by 2 stages, but it's supposed to lower it by only 1 stage.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Solarbeam .... over powered ... i guess fire pokes shouldn't beat water one like this http://prntscr.com/2xl885 solarbeam user should absorb sunlight first then strike second turn .. not online strikes like ingame atm