Bad Economy is Players fault?

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I have been lead to the idea that, no matter what staff may do, the economy won't change, therefore it is the players fault.

If staff were to release more ways to make money, players would change the prices of their pokemon to reflect the new flow in revenue. Anything Staff does to make adjustments is a futile endeavor since players are more in control of the overall market than they are.

Players control the prices of pokemon, so if pokemon are unobtainable due to being too expensive, then the playerbase is at fault for trashing the economy.

If all the players agreed, we could fix the entire economy overnight if we wanted.

Yukiro~

Youngster
I understand your point of view, but the thing is, most players who have valuable things have worked hard to attain those things. It's not fair to those players to basically lower the value of their inventory and years of hard work because some players can't afford it, but I do think this creates a gap we need to close. I think if the staff did an event where they put money into the economy from banned accounts, then it would put money into circulation for new players to buy things. The problem is, the value of good pokes has not changed especially things like shinys with olds ivs that are even harder to come by, the people with enough money to buy them just simply aren't here. Even if I lowered the value on most of my pokes, it still wouldn't be an option for most current players. I doubt the majority of current players even have over 50mil. Then there are some who still play that have lots of money.

I don't think it falls on the backs of the current players at all. We control them to some extent, it's basic economics.. demand vs supply. When players left the game due to whatever past grievances and big past situations with the staff, that is what crippled the economy, not the current players still dedicated to playing, or the new players who sometimes drop in. The server isn't as full, there aren't as many people to find things and trading them, there aren't as many players out there racking up pokedollars, so not as many pokedollars are going into the PWO economy.

Personally in 2019, I gave away over 100mil to random players and even hosted a competition giving away pokedollars here on the forum to help the economy and you can go in and view my posts to confirm this. I have given away valuable pokes. It simply wasn't enough because the economy is so scarce most people will just hang on to the things with value. It's just difficult to ask the players who know the value of their pokes and the work they put into getting them, to drastically lower the value. This would, in my opinion, not make the economy balanced, it would just be a form of inflation. The value pokes are at now does not need to change and I agree with you on this point because if the staff were to do some type of event and players decided to go up on their values due to this, it would be counterintuitive. It would just take the right type of planning of how much money would need to be put out to the current economy so that it balances out. One thing I will state, is that I personally do think a lot of new ivs shiny pokes are way over valued, this only adds confusion to the market. I think battlers have always been high in value and rightfully so, if there's a demand to have strong pokes.

I do think the old players with the most valuable things should make some sort of pact that they wont go UP on prices, but if they're the ones with things only they can really put a price on because no one else has it, or theirs is the best version, that has always been normal in any economy and I think it's their own right. There simply isn't enough new money floating around out there to make anyone interested enough in giving up something they deem valuable and there isn't enough new players finding valuable things worth trading or buying for those with money still left.

DeZoLa

Youngster
i was thinking about a solution few years now ,and i think i should share it with you .

The solution is a "hard to swallow pill"" but it is a good way to stabilize the economy.
My suggestion is to force all the players to accept to trade alll their pokemoney for tokens (with a generous discount ofc) and leave them with 1m-5m in their banks.
Its cruel wayto do it , i am no dening it but in my opinion something extreme must be done to fix such issue

Klay

Youngster
My suggestion is to force all the players to accept to trade alll their pokemoney for tokens (with a generous discount ofc) and leave them with 1m-5m in their banks.

There's something I don't get with your idea. Wouldn't it just replace pokédollar currency with token currency?
People who had tons of cash will just have tons of tokens, and most high-valuable deals will be done with tokens, until people get enough cash to use them again. It would be like replacing US dollar with yen or bitcoins or another irl currency. Eventually new players will have to donate a lot to be able to buy stuff from others.
Plus atm token deals are less secure because it's not a currency you can easily trade with other people without chances to be scammed.

I mean, I'm not against exchanging all my cash into tokens (especially for when they'll add buyable sprites through TS), but that's because I have no use of pokédollar. That's more likely not the case of everyone else.

thunderclap

Youngster
I think if the staff did an event where they put money into the economy from banned accounts
Taking money from banned accounts screws those players if they are unbanned.

They can just as easily make the wild pokemon all a higher level so we get more money from grinding.

Injecting a flat amount of money into all accounts wouldn't help much: it needs to be merit-based. That favours money by grinding.

And it would be better not to limit it to events. With LUA they can adjust NPCs and wild pokemon's levels based on your team's strength. The more systems that reward players for actively playing, not just during events, the better.

Implementing the following suggestion would be the best+easiest way to fix the economy IMO. I recently revised the math to make it better. https://forum.pokemon-world-online....ny-odds-pokemon-disposal-npc-using-rep.38360/

Yukiro~

Youngster
@Klay @DeZoLa :

Furthermore, there are limitations on what you can actually use tokens for. Their use case does not go far beyond membership, in all actuality. You could claim token store pokes, but that's not really a good tradeoff in most cases. Tokens have no REAL use as a currency besides memberships and a few misc. things. Staff would have to rewrite the trade system so that tokens would be actual usable currency ingame, otherwise all they have done is wiped every players account, which like Klay said wouldn't make sense because then tokens would just be the new currency in place of pokemoney and nothing is fixed. So if your real suggestion is to wipe money slates clean, give people a bunch of tokens etc. I would see this actually making the economy worse, and more confusing than it currently is and even more pay to win, people who wanted others valuable items in-game would basically be spending real money to get them, it would defeat the purpose of having a rule that bans players for exchanging irl currency for pokes, because then pwo would be acting as a third party facilitator/vendor who helps us with those exchanges. I'm sure somewhere in there this would bring about copyright issues and the guise of donations would no longer hold up.

@Rygar Why wouldn't I take your post seriously? Seemed to me like those were your actual thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:

DeZoLa

Youngster
tokens will be spend very fast and all players would have low amount of pokemoney .In time no one will demand 200m for a single poke

justme1306

Youngster
hm i havent played much pwo lately but ive seen from other mmos and other pokemon games item drops like nugget/big nugget/pearl/big pearl which can be sold to npc or in pokemart - if they can be added people would grind for them and sell them so they can make money this way - that could be something possible without too much work for staff - and could help a ton for new players - forcing players to trade their pokemon they has been grinding for years isnt a good idea - if you guys think 10 players online is low imagine taking pokemons from old players box and give them tokens that almost worth nothing right now(when i left they was about 600k each ...when i started it was 1-1.5m)
i would like to hear what people think about my idea :)

nistaa

hm i havent played much pwo lately but ive seen from other mmos and other pokemon games item drops like nugget/big nugget/pearl/big pearl which can be sold to npc or in pokemart - if they can be added people would grind for them and sell them so they can make money this way - that could be something possible without too much work for staff - and could help a ton for new players - forcing players to trade their pokemon they has been grinding for years isnt a good idea - if you guys think 10 players online is low imagine taking pokemons from old players box and give them tokens that almost worth nothing right now(when i left they was about 600k each ...when i started it was 1-1.5m)
i would like to hear what people think about my idea :)
But also if game doesn't evolve, in term of making new regions, those pokemon that players have grinded will stay with them forever and if you ask me idc. I just see for example in World of Warcraft everyone grinds for epic gear, and then new expansion/region comes so what, you have to start again, but not from scracth. This is something that many of you will never understand and mostly those players with accounts made like mine or earlier, so i mean 2012 and earlier. Sad thing is, I used to enjoy this game, but now not so much due to toxic players, don't want to comment some new stuff that happened and it makes me sad, but I don't have time nor will to make something here. Rygar is trying all the time, and he's not only. Whenever someone came up with idea, either it's impossible to make it or other players make fun of that... So for you who want to keep your pokemon forever just do it, no one is forcing you, but it could be good if new region came that in that region only pokemon from region can be used(while old pokes can be used in old regions). This is just a scratch of something that can improve PWO, but I know this is not the only way, there are many! So ppl if you want that, start thinking and post ideas, I'll never ever be that guy who will say this idea simply sux.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
it could be good if new region came that in that region only pokemon from region can be used(while old pokes can be used in old regions)

In the game I use to play, "Dragons of Atlantis", and some other games, there were different "Regions", and they were separate from one another. If you wanted to start in a different region, you had to do so from scratch and work your way up. I use to do this on occasion since people with lots of money would just bully their way to the top. I used all my knowledge and skill to fight my way up in a new realm, and did so rather well. New players were barely coming out of their 7 days protection with 50,000 power, and I was well over 1,000,000 by that same time. Of course, for strategic reasons, I set up my account so it only showed 1/2 my true power. People with well over a million power weren't as scared of me as they should have been, so I was able to launch sneak attacks on them and tear down their defenses.

Applying something like this for new regions would be interesting indeed. I have already decided to start a new alt account for each region and use my knowledge of the game to advance my alts as far as I can while maintaining my main account.

It would be a lot more fun if players with old accounts would do so as well and see how far they get in a couple weeks and then start battling. But of course, this game isn't set up for such things to be done easily.

There have been other ideas floated around, such as "Daily Log In Bonuses", like 100K PDs or something. If you played every day, that would be enough to cover the cost of a MS easily. Personally, I think having a Membership as one of the daily log on bonuses would be a good idea. Or even a "Personal Swarm Voucher", so you could pick a pokemon from a list, and the game will make a special swarm just for you on a specific, closed map that only you have access to.

Why wouldn't I take your post seriously? Seemed to me like those were your actual thoughts on the matter.

I am mostly a fecal matter stirrer, here to stir the pot and see what ideas fly out. And those are some of my passing thoughts on the matter indeed. I like to think of things from all angles I can and then throw out the ideas and see what comes of it. This thread has been well worth the effort of posting. I'm sure Staff Members read these posts and laugh, cry, get angry, and get inspired by the variety of viewpoints and ideas that get talked about here.