Announcing: The Candy Canes Christmas Concert

Sorey

Read the NPCs dialogues, pls
Staff member
Game Editor
Ladies and gentlemen, consider yourselves privileged, as you are cordially invited to attend the great 'Candy Canes' Christmas Concert!

candy_canes.png

Every year, in the small Lylat Village, 5 talented Pokémon gather to perform an unforgettable Christmas musical.
Kricketune, Chatot, Jigglypuff, Loudred and Meloetta have an appointment with the citizens of Lylat this holiday season. However, something seems not to be right. The atmosphere is tense between the band members and the mayor of Lylat needs our support so that the concert can go as smoothly as possible.

Invite your friends and help us make this Christmas show possible! Everyone come and discover Lylat Village, its incredible dam and its secrets!

Rare Pokémon can be found around the village during this season. You won't miss it, will you?

You may reach Lylat Village through Event Transport on Vermilion and Cherry Grove Cities. Ending date will be shared in the future. Enjoy!

PS: If you get any script error, bug or strange behavior, please send me the case through discord so I can check when I'm available to.

Sorry for those I had to lie saying I was not a pair of Xmas event. I always opt for the surprise <3

Vod~

Project Manager
To add, a small change was not mentioned, though has probably not gone unnoticed. We have decided that all further currencies during events will be the same. You can find it in your backpack under the name 'event coin'. This is usually gained from fainting Pokèmon during events and used to purchase things during and after the event.
This change will not only save the chaos of various useless items being left in the inventory, but it will also allow players to stack the currency if they're waiting for something in a different event. The server only allows up to 999 max of anything, so please keep that in mind.

Further discussion on removing past currencies will happen in due course.

On behalf of the PWO team, Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Last edited:

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
About time I was wondering when all the multiple event currencies would be consolidated.

Also can I suggest moving them to the main bag slot for easier tracking and separation from normal quest items.

Last edited:

Cleveland

Youngster
To add, a small change was not mentioned, though has probably not gone unnoticed. We have decided that all further currencies during events will be the same. You can find it in your backpack under the name 'event currency'. This is usually gained from fainting Pokèmon during events and used to purchase things during and after the event.
This change will not only save the chaos of various useless items being left in the inventory, but it will also allow players to stack the currency if they're waiting for something in a different event. The server only allows up to 999 max of anything, so please keep that in mind.

On behalf of the PWO, Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
This is fantastic news, thank you for sharing.

With this development, I'll certainly be stocking up 999 coins before the event ends and I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Merry Christmas to you and the staff team. And thanks for another awesome event!

Vod~

Project Manager
About time I was wondering when all the multiple event currencies would be consolidated.

Also can I suggest moving them to the main bag slot for easier tracking and separation from normal quest items.
I can certainly share your suggestion.

Lobonatico

To add, a small change was not mentioned, though has probably not gone unnoticed. We have decided that all further currencies during events will be the same. You can find it in your backpack under the name 'event coin'. This is usually gained from fainting Pokèmon during events and used to purchase things during and after the event.

that's cool, however i dunno if it was intended:
some other items from event quests stuck in our backpack the same way you guys are trying to avoid happens with currency.
@edit: certainly this was not intentional, since Exploud simulates that he drank all to cure his throat. but the items didn't get removed after complete the quest.
1671946304060.png

Last edited:

Sorey

Staff member
Game Editor
some other items from event quests stuck in our backpack the same way you guys are trying to avoid happens with currency.
@edit: certainly this was not intentional, since Exploud simulates that he drank all to cure his throat. but the items didn't get removed after complete the quest.
View attachment 7600
Oh, i forgot to remove them in the script. Will fix it asap.

Vod~

Project Manager
View attachment 7600
Sorey was testing you ;) Really though, thanks for pointing that out!

parquettistapazzo

Youngster

Just my two cents here. I, for one, like to have past currencies in my backpack, just as a memento of past events. But i'm probably the minority here.

Thank you for the event!

Mallow-

Youngster
Did everything in a few hours. Perhaps a bit easy of an event, but just means more time hunting ^^

Merry Christmas everyone, and thank you PWO Staff!

Vod~

Project Manager
Just my two cents here. I, for one, like to have past currencies in my backpack, just as a memento of past events. But i'm probably the minority here.

Thank you for the event!
The chances are we will make an NPC to remove them as opposed to a full wipe. So it will be up to your discretion :) Once something has been decided it will be announced so watch this space.

Sorey

Staff member
Game Editor
View attachment 7600
Solved. Loudred's cure is not a placebo anymore.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Got to be honest for a second.. It's great seeing everyone gathering in an event and having fun around. Credits goes to those who made it happen. Thanks for the event and hopefully even more great moments are to be documented for next year. I'm believing in staff.

parquettistapazzo

Youngster
is it a bug that cubchoo/beartic can only learn hidden power? The abilities can be changed via playerdex but cannot be learnt on level up
EDIT: *moves can be changed via playerdex

Last edited: