Allow starter Farming (as a reset, not new Account!)

Ste103

A idea from me is to make starter farmable. Starters are not much worth, accepted the very good IVs with all 25+ . So it is not that bad for the economy.

The way you can get it is talk to a NPC near to Professor Oak's or Professor Elm's lab.

You need:

- all badge from Kanto and Johto
- a full Team with random shiny Pokemon

The NPC told you something like "You are a very naughty Pokemon trainer, look at all this bad shiny Pokemon you have! You have to prove that you are a good Pokemon trainer!" If you accept the Big warning, he will steal all your badges, your surfboard and all your shiny Pokemon from your team (permanently), then you have to choose a new starter. (But this time it could be shiny 20+, with chance of 2048/1 MS and 8192/1 without)

At this Point:

- the System dont allow you to use any attack from a Pokemon who is not your OT and/or got a lower ID number as your starter. (then you can not rush that questline)

I remember how much fun the beginning of PWO was for me, i got a challenge and a lot to do. In chat i see often people asking for "how reset the game?", for now its to make a alternative account, which is not the most want for.
Good side effect, with that amount of shinys you need, to reset the game it will helps to make the economy good again. Now a days there a too much shiny Pokemon nobody want to have. In some weeks the priced for random shiny are back to 200k+, which help also new players to make some pd.
With the shiny chance of starter you get much players who like to do it. The higher chance of MS helps to get the people motivated, if they are purchased 30days MS the will play for that time, even if it is a bad starter ;)

Last edited:

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
How about, no? This idea is just begging for abuse. If people are unhappy with their starter, they can choose to purchase another from the token store (they can even try their luck at a shiny starter there too).

Also besides not having the same usename, is there really any difference between a complete account reset and an alt? Alts may even be better as they allow you to keep your old account to play on later if you decide to.

I personally enjoy alts, I have quite a few as I usually start a new one every year around June to play through and celebrate my PWO Anniversary month.

I do agree with one thing though, there are an over abundance of shiny Pokemon that people are unable to be rid of besides releasing that need some kind of solution that can help get rid of them but also being beneficial to the player LOL

Though I feel this shiny disposal NPC idea would be a good solution https://forum.pokemon-world-online....ny-odds-pokemon-disposal-npc-using-rep.38360/

Last edited:

Klay

Youngster
The idea of shiny starter farming is a no-no. There's no debate to have.

"Starters are not much worth" in which game???
"steal all your badges, your surfboard and all your shiny Pokemon": basically nothing for old players. But that's a very high price for new players (the 6 shinies I mean) when they can just donate and get even G3-4 starters. Or make an alt to start anew for free.
"choose a new starter. (But this time it could be shiny 20+, with chance of 2048/1 MS and 8192/1 without)": shinies with all ivs 20+ is a bad idea itself, but free shinies for old players? ahaha no.
And your odds are outrageous.
"then you can not rush that questline": ? Rush the badges? You don't need to lend poks to do that. Plus only 6 shinies are taken away.
"for now its to make a alternative account, which is not the most want for.": but it's free.
"helps to make the economy good again": no. You say nowadays there are too many shinies nobody wants in mart, and that's true. As true as there are too many non-shinies nobody wants in mart. Removing these shinies by trading them for starters won't increase the price of these shinies nobody wants and new players finds. The only change in the economy this would do will be much more trash starters in mart, and less affordable trash shinies in mart. And less donations (someone who cares about shinies will buy MS, this suggestion being implemented or not. someone who wants a shiny starter will just farm shinies and get one from the Prof instead of donating).

It feels that suggestion has been made by someone who has boxes of shinies, struggles to sell them, doesn't want to give them away to new players (to help them grow economically) and wants a black charizard with almost no effort. If it was just to start a new adventure, making an alt is way much less expensive than losing 6 shinies, especially for new players.
or it's April already and I have been fooled

Ste103

With my suggestion i want to make a way to obtain Pokemon not only by grinding in grass/water or by spending real money. With a alt you can not share the starter to your main account and cant get a chance for a shiny, so there is a slightly different. I am sure there are not many people who will obtain a shiny starter with a reset, you need like a day to complete the questline to obtain the next one, so its like a t4-t5 Pokemon.

I see no free shinys to old players? I agree they have a lot more chances as new players, but they have to spend also a lot time to get them. At some point they ran out of shinys or need years to find one.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
This idea should also include the game taking all of your money, and emptying all of your boxes of pokemon. And many accounts sold their starter, so they'll never be able to use this suggestion.

I am sure there are not many people who will obtain a shiny starter with a reset, you need like a day to complete the questline to obtain the next one, so its like a t4-t5 Pokemon.

You would also have to catch 5 shinies while completing the quest line so that you can start over with another new starter.

Ste103

I see my suggestion get misunderstand (sorry for my bad english), you give away 6 shinys from your Team and get a new starter. All your Pokemon in your Boxes are still there and you dont need your old starter. I will mark "from your team" in the first post also in bolt.

If you complete the questline you can start again with 6 shinys from your box.

To prevent flood of starters in mart, the exchange can be also 1 random starter your OT + 5 shiny.

shodan21

Youngster
free shinies for old players? ahaha no.
And your odds are outrageous.

unless there was an edit (possible, since Ste's last post noted he edited the OP), i think he just wrote the odds wrong - 1/2048 with ms and 1/8192 without. also, worth noting: that's what the current odds are anyway, so i dont see how that's any different.

i want to make a way to obtain Pokemon not only by grinding in grass/water or by spending real money.

this is an excellent line of thinking. although i dont think this particular suggestion accomplishes that goal very well, i would really like to hear more ideas on these lines, because the grinding nature of hunting in PWO is quite boring and tiresome.

Ste103

I think now 1 week about my suggestion, i agree there are some parts in it, which need change. The reason why i choose the questline (get all badges) is, because it is a long and maybe the best questline which can use to make content for old players with low invest of development. But it need also a reward, otherwise they don't do it.

Starters: Maybe a Starter is too much - It could also change to a Pokemon which switch every month for example January: Shellder, February: Pinsir and so on (choose by Staff) The problem is, how motivate people to play 1 or 2 days for a t3 . . .

Pokemon for exchange: Not everybody can offer 6/5 shinys - On every 1. Monday of month you can do it for a random starter your OT without adding shinys

because the grinding nature of hunting in PWO is quite boring and tiresome.
Thats why i leave PWO every year for around a half year.

I'm sure there are people with agree in some part of my suggestion. Please see my suggestion as a brainstorming "Nothing is set in stone" put your ideas in this topic and help us to get the needed solutions.