Aliases!

How many times have you changed your in game name?

• Total voters

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Just something random and pointless but perhaps interesting that I thought of after discussing a player changing their username many times. LOL
So anyway, this poll is pretty simple and straight forward, I'm curious how many people have changed their in name game over their PWO tenure. :D
Also, feel free to list any of your old names in the post below. :)
(note: even a slight alteration to your original name counts as a change)

Klay

Youngster
Is changing and going back to the previous username counts as once or twice?

Klay

Youngster
ok thx bruh
pngkey.com-emoji-whatsapp-png-beso-9321862.png

Belemuel

Once
First Playername was LordofDarkness then LordBelemuel.
Staff name has always been Belemuel

GuiiHenrique

Responding to the topic, I never changed my name ... and honestly, I had fun seeing my nickname in a random signature. ;)

nistaa

I changed it twice then :D I've had same situation as Klay. From beginning it was nistaa that translated in English means nothing . So i changed it into english translation and back to croatian. :cool: peace
nista(cro) = nothing(eng)

nistaa

So you're literally a nobody? Noted :p
If you want in Latin Nihil . But I'm neither person nor thing, literally immaterial, while english version should be "nil" , it better describes the meaning of word :D

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
My first few months of PWO (2011) were from an account named 'chobots' based on an MMORPG I used to play.
(Sidenote: Just thinking about that time makes me super happy and emotional.. going through Johto then Kanto, exploring the region and catching Pokemon.. there are some random memories and caves and tasks I remember to vivdly. It's just crazy. Crazy fun.)
After about 6 months, I created a new account (no name change feature then) named "future_sight" based on my favorite move (ik, such a noob) at the time that was on my alakazam.
This is what I've stuck with ever since. I've spent several years on various chat sites like the good ol' IRC and Xat with guilds - that's where I used my alias 'Ditto' or 'DittoTheGreat'. The one Pokemon I've always found most fasnicating was ditto. So for almost all my pwo life, I've been Future/Ditto.
After about 3-5 years, Playerdex added the feature of changing in game name, and I slightly updated mine to what it is now - Future~Sight (capitalising was the right move, the tilde was not)
I don't remember the year.. maybe around 2015.. I was invited to be a Community Guide. I was an apprentice under Luminance mainly, with constant guidance from Jinji, HitmonFonty, Pandy, Rigadaun and others I've sadly forgotten.
That's when I picked the name TheAnimagus, which changed to just 'Animagus' post-apprenticeship. An animagus is a create in the Harry Potter universe that has the ability to shapeshift at will - very much like a ditto.
So for about 1.5-2 years I was both Animagus and Future~Sight without any other player knowing my identity. Sadly, after a while I didn't see pwo or the team moving forward and I had real life obligations stacking up. Thus due to lack of motivation, I left my role as CG.

[Sidenote: That was an extremely fun phase of my pwo journey where I got to use and develop my creativity to a great extent. I helped develop several flash events (popularized hide and seek, started spawn events), permanent tasks and updates and of course, several major events.]

For the last 3-4 years, I haven't been very active. I log into the game as Future~Sight and am delighted to see some old faces - though it crushes me to see a friendlist full of people I'll never talk to again. I also sometimes log into some discord channels where I'm still named Ditto.

This has turned into more of a nobodyaskedforit life story, but I couldn't help. This is just me reflecting out loud.
Just think about it for a moment - there are people all over the world that grew up playing this little game. Real human beings who grew up inside that little green window to another world. I was 12 when I joined and was surprised to see 21 year olds playing this game. And now here I am as a 21 year old writing all this. I just hold on to my Pokemon because even after all these years, I guess I have some emotional attachment to them. Most of them have a story behind them. It's crazy, I know. But I'm sure most people here know exactly how I feel.

Damn this got too emotional eh. Well that's just PWO, and that's just my story. Wait, what was the question again?

Last edited:

whisMEAT

Youngster
it was a turkish movie joke ,sonething like "do u think urself god", then pokewhisperer,now whispie. short and brief :D