• Other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Hello,
It has recently been put forward that we should extend the AFK timer in game. We would like to ask the players on their thoughts on what they feel would be a reasonable time.

Kind regards

The PWO team.

Last edited:

Isguros

Youngster
I don't see the problem honestly. Sure, it's difficult doing grocery shopping and remain logged on, but isn't that the reason there's an AFK kicker? So people that aren't playing aren't online?

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
I don't see the problem honestly. Sure, it's difficult doing grocery shopping and remain logged on, but isn't that the reason there's an AFK kicker? So people that aren't playing aren't online?
I wouldn't be able to make a tea or coffee in the minutes it would take to be kicked. Partly why I bolded reasonable. I'd see no harm in a small extension, but we figured it would be better to see what other players think instead of rolling it out without a say.

Cleveland

Youngster
I voted 60. But it should be at least 30.

infinite unless server reached max capacity
Honestly, this makes some sense but it makes things more difficult for staff to implement and thus probably doesn't fall under the "reasonable" category.

The problem is the reality that the vast majority of people that get AFKicked do not relog. So we have less players. Thus, the game is less popular. And then other players don't log on because their friends aren't logged on. Etc. It's a cascade effect for something that hasn't brought any sort of benefit to the game in many years.

I wouldn't be able to make a tea or coffee in the minutes it would take to be kicked. Partly why I bolded reasonable. I'd see no harm in a small extension, but we figured it would be better to see what other players think instead of rolling it out without a say.
Yes, this is the worst thing. Not even being able to go to the bathroom or let my dog out without getting kicked. And losing the chat and PM history I was participating in. It's a fairly significant inconvenience and I'm thrilled you & the staff team are open to extending it.

gingerprimarina

Youngster
The only issue I see with this is someone could purposefully make themselves AFK for a extended amount of time like 30 mins, and not be replying a player since the command exists in-game. It might be a disadvantage to make it extended for longer times like 30 min in urgent situations where a player needs to contact another player for daycares or any other important stuff. A shorter period like 10-15 min is fine, however.

Lobonatico

In order to survive some mmos from 2000s allowed bots, huge afk timers, auto-market, etc so they could pass the impression of been overcrowded with 100+ when the actual number of active players been 5-10. I can name a few i've visited recently tho, t*les of pir*tes, ragnar*k onl*ne, tr*ckst*r onl*ne... needless to say it almost killed newcomers from experiencing those games, why? after 2 hours new players could notice statues of afk characters, and boy, it looks like a mausoleum.

Thats why my vote goes to 15 minutes extension, seems reasonable.

Degesinho

Youngster
Website
www.twitch.tv
To be honest, an unlimited inactivity limit is comfortable for me, as it would be if it were 25 min. In my example, I have to take care of my daughter, or go shopping and maybe it takes longer than necessary. I know I could close the game and reopen it, but to be honest, without downtime that would not happen, I could go back to work and continue hunting as if nothing had happened (If that did not bother other players who want to enter in case before the server fills up)
In this case a time of 25 min + would be a good option.

Last edited:

justme1306

Youngster
i think 15 minutes would be a decent amount of time - u can go bathroom and make coffee or take something to eat - but i dont see a problem if it would be more than 15