Advanced personal statistics & map-specific history with /hist command. Possible MS perk.

thunderclap

Youngster
This suggestion calls for a new command: /hist (aka /history) which would track several personal statistics, with several usages, numbered below:

1. "/hist"
-Total number of wild pokemon encounters on all maps in past 24h (All-time in brackets)
-Total number of shinies encountered on all maps in past 24h (All time)
-Total wild pokemon fainted past 24h (all time)
-Total Pd gained from battles past 24h (all time)
-In-game time since your last shiny encounter (+/-running average)

Example:​
Displaying thunderclap's overall history since 2020-11-08 (day statistics began being recorded):​
-1721 wild pokemon encountered in past 24h (838389 all-time)​
-2 shinies encountered past 24h (303 all-time)​
-692 wild pokemon fainted past 24h (102290 all-time)​
-£104,829 Pd gained from battles past 24h (£17,992,010 all-time)​
-17h 33mins since last shiny encounter (+2hrs 9mins avg)​

The default time period for /hist would arbitrarily be 24hrs playtime, but could be specified (eg "/hist 100")

2. "/hist <Map Name>"
-Total number of wild encounters past 24h for current map (Current map all-time in brackets)
-Number of encounters past 24h (All-time in brackets) (% shiny also in brackets) ----- displayed as a list of each spawn on current map similar to the "/list <map name>" command.

"/hist Dragons Den 1F"
Displaying thunderclap's personal history for Dragons Den 1F since 2020-11-08 (day statistics began being recorded):​
Zubat: 656/1721 past 24h (38%); 77189 all-time (41%); 14 shiny​
Wooper: 422/1721 past 24h (25%); 43019 all-time (28%); 6 shiny​
Quagsire: 194/1721 past 24h (11%); 19109 all-time (14%); 3 shiny​
Onix: 33/1721 past 24h (2%); 203 all-time (1%); 0 shiny​
Bagon: 0/1721 past 24h (0%); 2 all-time (0.0%); 0 shiny​

3. "/hist <Pokemon>"
-Number of specified pokemon encountered in past 24h (all-time in brackets); Number shiny all-time
-Percent of specified pokemon caught in past 24h (all-time)

"/hist Pikachu"
Displaying thunderclap's history for pokemon #25 (Pikachu):​
-You encountered 5 Pikachu in the past 24h; 77 all-time (0 shiny)​
-You caught 5 Pikachu in the past 24h; 76 all-time​

Obviously this just barely scratches the surface of the possibilities and can be refined and improved. As a membership perk, all players could have access to the regular /hist command, but for map or pokemon-specific advanced stats, it could maybe only be available to those with a membership. I'm all for everyone having access to all stats if that's what staff wants.

I'll anticipate the main criticism of this idea: that it's unfeasible due to server demands. My reply: in this age of bandwidth/servers measured in petabytes, teraflops etc, it's more of a data management issue. Along with any inherent limits imposed by the client (eg. max 255 for certain values) which could be significant. Smart programming should make it possible in some form or another. Also, stats could be stored offline (client-side) to negate server impact, or in the cloud to negate client-specific data storage limits. Something as simple as a locally stored unprotected csv/text file could work since it doesn't really matter if people edit it. Even if it's not currently possible, I think it's valuable to document this idea for the future.

Another criticism I anticipate is that this is just another incorrigible attempt to pin down specific rarities of pokemon, lore be damned . However this wouldn't provide players with any new info that they couldn't already keep track of themselves. I know some players like nshims have kept some such hunting stats in the past.

Are advanced stats something you all would be interested in having? It'd be great to silence most people who whine about their luck, at least after adequate time for the law of averages to take hold. What do you think?

Last edited:

Klay

Youngster
£?
Otherwise, I like this suggestion
Eventually replace "wild pokémon fainted" by "innocent pokémon left for dead", what do you think?