Addressed to old players

Mangos

I logged in about a year ago and had the same experience, I don't think I said anything negative but I was for sure startled by how drastically the population had plummeted. We used to have 2 servers full capacity with wait times lmao, its crazy to think there's about 60 people left playing the game. All the people I played with have vanished and I check back periodically to see if anyone I knew has come back but its been about 10 years, I think this game has a lot of nostalgia, it was one of my first online games and I appreciate it for what it was. It is a shell of what it used to be and I dont think its unfair of me to say that. They disabled the mart and things kinda started to drop off, a big part of the game for us was the economy factor, xat chats, and power leveling lmao, i remember daycares, and without all these people IMHO the game isn't the same. Its just not something I want to put time into without my former friends, OR without seeing some growth out of the community.

Not bashing, Still check back because of how much I loved what these guys did for us.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
The mart still exists; it's just through the Playerdex now rather than in game. The in-game mart was killed off because the whole system was horrendously glitched, with issues such as prices being calculated incorrectly when buying multiple items at once; auctions not ending past their closing time; and many other major bugs - it would have been a huge effort to fix; and would have required a significant rewrite of the client, when a web-based solution is both easier to maintain and far more reliable.

However, I do see a subtext to what you're saying, which is one I agree with: People are not playing because there is little reason right now to come into the game, outside of events. This is indeed true and the main reason Staff's current focus is on permanent content and upgrades.

Mangos

The mart still exists; it's just through the Playerdex now rather than in game. The in-game mart was killed off because the whole system was horrendously glitched, with issues such as prices being calculated incorrectly when buying multiple items at once; auctions not ending past their closing time; and many other major bugs - it would have been a huge effort to fix; and would have required a significant rewrite of the client, when a web-based solution is both easier to maintain and far more reliable.

However, I do see a subtext to what you're saying, which is one I agree with: People are not playing because there is little reason right now to come into the game, outside of events. This is indeed true and the main reason Staff's current focus is on permanent content and upgrades.

thats awesome I would love to see some kind of weekly events if you guys could get a little bit more of a playerbase, I think getting the playerbase goin would be cool then keeping them here at least once a week or even month would be awesome. I know im not really a part of it anymore but its still cool to think about