Add Tokens as Rewards for completing Quests in Events.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
10K Tokens a month isn't that bad, since there's so few events a year, and tbh, PWO isn't hurting for money now is it?

It would allow players to go have fun in the Token Store a couple times a year. It would at least give players a chance to buy MS.

A "token" amount of tokens, like 1K, would just make me puke. Better than nothing but would take a freaking DECADE to save up tokens to buy ONE Pokemon.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I mean, 10K per event. You complete the quest, it gives 10,000 Tokens, and/ or some Vouchers.

thunderclap

Youngster
Would prefer Nuggets that can be sold for Pd in the Pokemarts. There's a huge shortage of Pd in PWO's economy - E4 helps but doesn't solve. Tokens are already devalued so much that it's barely worth it to donate. You used to be able to get 5m for $1 of tokens, now just 500k and falling. Players with Pd will have no problems whatsoever buying tokens from other players, so they can still play in the token store.

Ofc, staff should also reveal and prominently display the token store shiny odds. From what I can tell (with limited data) they're about 1 in 100.

DH94

Youngster
Wouldnt so called Nuggets or any type or free pd just cause an inflation in the value of pokes? Apart from that players who donate and buy pokes from ts already have a massive advantage against the rest imo.

thunderclap

Youngster
Wouldnt so called Nuggets or any type or free pd just cause an inflation in the value of pokes? Apart from that players who donate and buy pokes from ts already have a massive advantage against the rest imo.
Should have explained myself better. The state of the economy is such that, if we were to get just 1 new corrective means implemented, I'd prefer it to be Pd-based, rather than Token-based. And not event-based, but available always.

Nuggets in general should be available to be found all the time, not just during events. They protect against inflation somewhat by being merit based, through grinding, like finding a tier 5. I like E4 but it's a trade-off, guaranteed returns vs. potential for grand returns. A potentially relatively large random amount would be a lot more fun than a set amount. I want to choose where to spend my time in PWO.

Quests in events are usually easy enough that everyone ends up getting the reward. I want to reward players who play the game regularly, OUTSIDE OF events, and not just by mindlessly beating Battle Tower or Elite 4 hundreds of times. Currently someone who logs in and plays for 1 week during an event probably adds more cumulative wealth to their account than a player who played every day for the other 51 weeks of the year but missed the event.

Would also like to see a Pokemon Buyer NPC who would reward us (with Pd, eggs, TMs, tutors, tokens, etc) for all the crappy-IV Lapras, Roselias, etc taking space in our boxes. OT pokes only, caught within a certain date range, to be fair. The #1 easily fixed problem with PWO is there's a HUGE oversupply of "valuable" pokemon, but hardly any money available to buy any of them. Pokemon Buyer NPC would also help solve the limited box space.

Basic supply and demand. Currently high supply (of pokemon) low demand (lacking Pd). Use Buyer NPC to reduce supply, and increase demand (with Pd rewards).

Last edited:

justme1306

Youngster
i agree with thundy also would make hunting more fun - right now hunting isnt really fun except during events - if worthy items that could be sold to npc for high price would drop probably more people would hunt - maybe pokes value will be higher cause people will have pd's but is that a problem? every pokes value/tokens went down a lot in the last few years - i wouldnt mind paying more money for a pokes if i could afford it and make money from wild pokes dropping items - pearl/big pearl or nuggets would be fun and good way to improve pwo economy -

for the tokens sorry but i dont agree - they are sold for 500k +/- adding them in game in events or making them easier to get price would be even lower and im not sure its a good idea

Last edited:

Isguros

Youngster
So on one side we have those who want to fully abuse the events' generosity, and on the other side we have people who want the rest of the game to be more generous to be able to cope with the fallouts of the events' generosity. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
Would prefer Nuggets that can be sold for Pd in the Pokemarts.

Current Market Value of PD - Tokens would require 1000 Nuggets be given to players, assuming nuggets are worth 5k each.

E4 helps but doesn't solve

It could, if staff wouldn't nuke it so hard. As it stands, I'll have to GRIND E4 for at least 10 hours a day, for more than TWO WEEKS just to afford buying ONE good pokemon. That's legitimate WORK. 150 hours for ONE Pokemon. Does Staff really intend for it to LITERALLY take NINE HUNDRED hours to make 1 team? Do I *HAVE* to put in 1800 hours just to make a Real Team, with proper alternates? That's entirely too much.

So, yes, E4 should be less nerfed in terms of EXP and Money since I hate to have to take 2000 hours just to get 12 pokemon. That's not even HALF a Box and it is a full time job. I wouldn't even have time for Battle Tower runs.

If we had Monetary Rewards, I would NEVER buy a Token Store Pokemon in a MILLION Years because I know the IVs are going to be absolute TRASH. They would *HAVE* to give Tokens or guarantee that every Token Store Poke will be 25+ to even remotely interest me in trying my luck. I would like to buy some TS pokes, but I am definitely not wasting my damn time on it. Having to grind 20 hours just to try my luck ONCE, not happening. I don't have that much time. I'd rather wait for Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova to be released and catch the pokes than try my luck in the TS.

The whole reason I don't play much is because I have better things to do with my time than piss it out here on trash odds. This game is a waste of my time. If it were more rewarding, I'd be more interested in playing.

Currently someone who logs in and plays for 1 week during an event probably adds more cumulative wealth to their account than a player who played every day for the other 51 weeks of the year but missed the event.
i wouldnt mind paying more money for a pokes if i could afford it

this, tbh. The only thing of value at the moment is playing in events where there is at least a decent chance of getting something nice that I don't already have.

Then again, most of the issues with being able to afford good pokemon would be instantly solved if the people who owned good pokemon would lower their prices 99% to match the current economy. But they're not going to do that since they paid $5,000,000,000 for a pokemon a decade ago and don't want to "lose money". Can't put all the blame on Staff since it is the players who decide how much a pokemon is worth.

justme1306

Youngster
Current Market Value of PD - Tokens would require 1000 Nuggets be given to players, assuming nuggets are worth 5k each.

It could, if staff wouldn't nuke it so hard. As it stands, I'll have to GRIND E4 for at least 10 hours a day, for more than TWO WEEKS just to afford buying ONE good pokemon. That's legitimate WORK. 150 hours for ONE Pokemon. Does Staff really intend for it to LITERALLY take NINE HUNDRED hours to make 1 team? Do I *HAVE* to put in 1800 hours just to make a Real Team, with proper alternates? That's entirely too much.

So, yes, E4 should be less nerfed in terms of EXP and Money since I hate to have to take 2000 hours just to get 12 pokemon. That's not even HALF a Box and it is a full time job. I wouldn't even have time for Battle Tower runs.

If we had Monetary Rewards, I would NEVER buy a Token Store Pokemon in a MILLION Years because I know the IVs are going to be absolute TRASH. They would *HAVE* to give Tokens or guarantee that every Token Store Poke will be 25+ to even remotely interest me in trying my luck. I would like to buy some TS pokes, but I am definitely not wasting my damn time on it. Having to grind 20 hours just to try my luck ONCE, not happening. I don't have that much time. I'd rather wait for Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova to be released and catch the pokes than try my luck in the TS.

The whole reason I don't play much is because I have better things to do with my time than piss it out here on trash odds. This game is a waste of my time. If it were more rewarding, I'd be more interested in playing.

this, tbh. The only thing of value at the moment is playing in events where there is at least a decent chance of getting something nice that I don't already have.

Then again, most of the issues with being able to afford good pokemon would be instantly solved if the people who owned good pokemon would lower their prices 99% to match the current economy. But they're not going to do that since they paid $5,000,000,000 for a pokemon a decade ago and don't want to "lose money". Can't put all the blame on Staff since it is the players who decide how much a pokemon is worth.
but you cant blame them for grinding years to afford a pokemon that they paid $5,000,000,000 and have offers of 25-40m - i would never sell my good collection pokemons for cheaper cause economy is bad - i prefer keeping them or even release them than selling for 0.001% of what ive paid or what they worth - so you cant really blame players to do that - players want everything for almost free

Last edited:

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
10K Tokens a month isn't that bad, since there's so few events a year, and tbh, PWO isn't hurting for money now is it?

It would allow players to go have fun in the Token Store a couple times a year. It would at least give players a chance to buy MS.

A "token" amount of tokens, like 1K, would just make me puke. Better than nothing but would take a freaking DECADE to save up tokens to buy ONE Pokemon.
But, we already have token events :(

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
we already have token events

I see it says we can get Tokens from Events, but I've never seen one. I suppose they need to be more publicized.
but you cant blame them for grinding years to afford a pokemon that they paid $5,000,000,000 and have offers of 25-40m - i would never sell my good collection pokemons for cheaper cause economy is bad - i prefer keeping them or even release them than selling for 0.001% of what ive paid or what they worth - so you cant really blame players to do that - players want everything for almost free

That's also part of my point. There's no possible way to give on either side in terms of economy. It would be more useful to make pokemon we want easier to get, than to try to give more money or have players lower their prices.

thunderclap

Youngster
That's also part of my point. There's no possible way to give on either side in terms of economy. It would be more useful to make pokemon we want easier to get, than to try to give more money or have players lower their prices.
I don't think increasing Pd supply into the economy (to active players who grind for it) would cause much harm. Granted it would slightly devalue Pd that already exists, but those who've been hoarding money, not spending, deserve to have their Pd devalued a bit. It was much easier to acquire large sums of Pd in the old days; everything except Pd has devalued dramatically since then. These people's frugality is part of what caused the problem.

One benefit of increasing Pd supply (vs. other stimuli) is it keeps pokemon's values the same relative to one another. It's better than making everything that's rare easier to find (events), because when the event is done and tiers return to normal, there's nothing left worth hunting. Nobody will hunt for Tier 4/5 Sneasels ever again. And events with lowered tiers inevitably screw over people who already had the featured Pokemon. MaxBlade94 is one notable example who had S Houndoom, S Scizor, S Cloyster and S Heracross prior to the recent events --- he has basically lost hundreds of millions. I give staff credit that they're knowledgable about the economy and they do plan carefully to try to minimize the number of these victims.

Any damage done by increasing Pd will be more/less offset by the proposed Pokemon Buyer NPC. The NPC can offer more than just Pd rewards - it's actually a very flexible foundation for easy swarms/mini-events -- it could buy Safari pokemon one week, and give Eggs or Memberships as a reward another week. Different rewards will keep people logging in.

So on one side we have those who want to fully abuse the events' generosity, and on the other side we have people who want the rest of the game to be more generous to be able to cope with the fallouts of the events' generosity. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Outside events, there are usually only 5-10 players online. Logically, more 'generosity' during normal times, of some measure, is needed: people only play during events precisely because generosity is too low regularly. This is not a problem if it's done with some thought and we have flexible economic controls that can address oversupply. Different rewards can be rotated / changed based on what is needed/not needed. I have admittedly noticed a trend of increasing generosity during events, which is probably what has motivated your comment. The damage is done already, though, accumulated over 14 years of events, high playercounts, and unchanging spawns -- it can't be erased just by making future events less generous, or blamed on one single action. It's counterintuitive to fight fire with fire, but that's where the NPC comes in.

The Buyer NPC would solve many issues at once, not just those caused by events. Oversupply, lack of storage, lack of incentives for daily play, and lack of expected value (most pokes IVs are bad & worthless). And by reducing the supply of pokemon available for purchase, it will increase the value of the ones remaining. Limited-time themed Egg rewards would be great because they force people to play to hatch them. Membership prizes would encourage people to play also.

As it stands, I'll have to GRIND E4 for at least 10 hours a day, for more than TWO WEEKS just to afford buying ONE good pokemon. That's legitimate WORK. 150 hours for ONE Pokemon. Does Staff really intend for it to LITERALLY take NINE HUNDRED hours to make 1 team? Do I *HAVE* to put in 1800 hours just to make a Real Team, with proper alternates? That's entirely too much.
There are already enough of most epic pokemon and shinies in circulation for our small playerbase. We don't need to make it easier to find more, we need to spark the economy and give incentives for people to buy and sell what already exists, and for people to play often, not just during events. More people hunting will result in more epic pokemon being found and traded. More money will result in more transactions. Pd is the master currency - if you have Pd you can buy whatever you want. But those other things can be occasionally given by the NPC too for variety.

Nuggets would/should be worth substantially more than 5000pd, reflecting their rarity.. and there can be more than one type (Pearl, Big Pearl, etc) as justme suggested.

____
All of this said with implicit maximum gratitude, and is meant constructively, as a seed for discussion / tweaking / improving. Any solution to fix the economy will take careful balance and consideration. My suggestions are usually designed for maximum effect for least effort, but they are not the only way.

Last edited:

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Since it always ends up back to pokedollars just wipe it all, and not like the last time a full wipe. With the game actually seeing content getting released and the population being what it is now is the best time to do it. Pokes will never be wiped so simply take away their old monetary value and that will properly reset the economy. Especially if we expect the coming content to grow the game again just wipe it you don't need to tell us just do it.

thunderclap

Youngster
Since it always ends up back to pokedollars just wipe it all, and not like the last time a full wipe. With the game actually seeing content getting released and the population being what it is now is the best time to do it. Pokes will never be wiped so simply take away their old monetary value and that will properly reset the economy. Especially if we expect the coming content to grow the game again just wipe it you don't need to tell us just do it.
I like this idea. It's simple but effective, possibly the best solution*. We don't really need boosted Pd that much if everyone's on the same level.

Some small boost (nugget and/or buyer npc) would still be nice to motivate daily playing. And to bring hunting slightly closer to parity with E4, financially-speaking.

*Disclaimer, I currently have no Pd.

justme1306

Youngster
I like this idea. It's simple but effective, possibly the best solution*. We don't really need boosted Pd that much if everyone's on the same level.

Some small boost (nugget and/or buyer npc) would still be nice to motivate daily playing. And to bring hunting slightly closer to parity with E4, financially-speaking.

*Disclaimer, I currently have no Pd.
i think economy is only bad because people knows there is probably a pokemon that gonna lose his value in upcoming events - so instead of buying expensive pokemon they just wait for those events to get a chance to find them instead of paying full price - lets say hm shiny absol - which is probably atleast 50m+ depending on ivs - instead of paying 50m you wait for them to be in a event - you can say the same about non shiny t4-t5 pokes - so reset money wont change anything if t4-t5 pokes are easier to find during events - people wont pay big money for them anymore - like s starmie used to be 100m+ even 150m at some point - because they was so rare and good for pvp - now more people have them cause events - so in my opinion economy is bad but making rare pokemon and worthy shinies easier to get doesnt help their value and ruin fun hunting them

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
And that's the problem there is no such thing as "full price" players are so hung up on the old value of pokes they don't want things to change that. This is an mmo whether its from events or from new regions pokes availability and value should change.

Last edited: