Add Tokens as Rewards for completing Quests in Events.

Georgelzr

you should add
"packs" 1euro donation - pack with 3 random pokes
2 euros - pack with 5 random pokes
10 euro - 1 shiny tier 3 plus 2 poke
and so on ,would be interesting

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I would write "Eggs would be a great way to fix many problems here", but I don't know how to link it to the idea of Tokens, other than, if eggs were allowed, the point of TS would be eliminated since we could but one and then make as many as we want. But there are advantages to the TS, like the fact you can get another pokemon instantly, and it has greater odds of being shiny.

Cleveland

Youngster
Since it always ends up back to pokedollars just wipe it all, and not like the last time a full wipe. With the game actually seeing content getting released and the population being what it is now is the best time to do it. Pokes will never be wiped so simply take away their old monetary value and that will properly reset the economy. Especially if we expect the coming content to grow the game again just wipe it you don't need to tell us just do it.
I like this idea. It's simple but effective, possibly the best solution*. We don't really need boosted Pd that much if everyone's on the same level.
Wiping shouldn't even be on the table. Many players (myself included) have been grinding our butts off for money for awhile now to be able to afford higher end pokes. If money was simply wiped, I'd quit the game and I'm sure many others would too.

And that's the problem there is no such thing as "full price" players are so hung up on the old value of pokes they don't want things to change that. This is an mmo whether its from events or from new regions pokes availability and value should change.
Wiping wouldn't change that, though. If anything it'd make it even worse. Players would just hoard the pokes for years until there was more money around.

i think economy is only bad because people knows there is probably a pokemon that gonna lose his value in upcoming events - so instead of buying expensive pokemon they just wait for those events to get a chance to find them instead of paying full price - lets say hm shiny absol - which is probably atleast 50m+ depending on ivs - instead of paying 50m you wait for them to be in a event - you can say the same about non shiny t4-t5 pokes - so reset money wont change anything if t4-t5 pokes are easier to find during events - people wont pay big money for them anymore - like s starmie used to be 100m+ even 150m at some point - because they was so rare and good for pvp - now more people have them cause events - so in my opinion economy is bad but making rare pokemon and worthy shinies easier to get doesnt help their value and ruin fun hunting them
The economy is bad because there's only like 5 players that have money. Everyone else is broke and can't afford anything.

Personally, I think the solution here is an infusion of cash. I like the nugget idea as well as the NPC Seller idea. Maybe put a cap on how much you can earn from that weekly/monthly/yearly to avoid things getting out of control.

Another idea is simply just giving everyone a stipend. Or giving a stipend to everyone with less than X pd. On that line of thinking, perhaps putting a cap on how much pd you can have at one time would be beneficial. That way the uber rich can no longer simply hoard pd, they HAVE to use it on something. Or you could "tax" anyone with more than X pd at the end of the year and spread it among everyone with less than Y pd.

Wouldnt so called Nuggets or any type or free pd just cause an inflation in the value of pokes? Apart from that players who donate and buy pokes from ts already have a massive advantage against the rest imo.

No.

The way things are currently, there is essentially a Black Market for higher end pokes amongst the uber rich and everyone else is dealing in quantities of < 20m. GOOD LUCK selling a poke right now for 50-100m. It's almost impossible. A cash infusion actually creates a market that currently does not exist. Newer players would actually be able to afford good pokes without having to grind for years and/or beg for handouts.

As for your comment about the TS, that I agree with and I am living proof of it. When I came back to this game last year for the Elite 4, I was broke. I had no money and a bunch of mediocre pokes. The combined value of my account wasn't even 20m. Hell, it probably wasn't even 10m. Then I started donating and 95% of what I have now is a direct result of that. Do I feel good about it? No. But I didn't see any other way, frankly. And that is the problem. There currently is no other way to get money/good pokes beyond a miracle like pulling a shiny T5.

Players need a reasonable way to earn money. We desperately need an infusion of cash in this game.

thunderclap

Youngster
Another idea is simply just giving everyone a stipend. Or giving a stipend to everyone with less than X pd.
I like everything else you said, but this is a bad idea IMO. Reward players who actively play and grind. If new players just randomly have 10M of stipend or whatever, they won't understand its value and will just waste it dumbly. All that wealth will end up concentrated in the top 1% accounts in no time. Those players will end up quitting after they can't make more money to replace it. The stipend would also create crazy really bad inflation.

Cleveland

Youngster
I like everything else you said, but this is a bad idea IMO. Reward players who actively play and grind. If new players just randomly have 10M of stipend or whatever, they won't understand its value and will just waste it dumbly. All that wealth will end up concentrated in the top 1% accounts in no time. Those players will end up quitting after they can't make more money to replace it. The stipend would also create crazy really bad inflation.
Yeah, I thought about that more after my post and I agree. That money would just end up directly in the pockets of the uber rich for their "lower end" pokes, lol.

Giving everyone 10m wouldn't cause inflation, though. 10m is hardly anything. You'd have to give everyone a lot more than that to cause true inflation.

Regardless, I agree that the stipend isn't the solution, certainly not a long-term one. Simply put, there needs to be a sustainable way for players to earn money.

justme1306

Youngster
Yeah, I thought about that more after my post and I agree. That money would just end up directly in the pockets of the uber rich for their "lower end" pokes, lol.

Giving everyone 10m wouldn't cause inflation, though. 10m is hardly anything. You'd have to give everyone a lot more than that to cause true inflation.

Regardless, I agree that the stipend isn't the solution, certainly not a long-term one. Simply put, there needs to be a sustainable way for players to earn money.
and thats why i think nuggets/pearl/big pearl make the difference - u need to grind and kills wild pokemons to get them - it help economy while you still need to grind for it - also i dont see a reason to cap money u EARN monthly - if a player wanna grind heavily and make money he deserve it - why punishing a player for grinding hard to make money?
and about the wipe dont forget in 2-3 years(maybe even sooner) some people gonna be rich again and new players will be in the same situation - what we gonna do?! wipe again? i think its bad idea - money isnt everything in this game there is grinding/pvp/social and more

Cleveland

Youngster
and about the wipe dont forget in 2-3 years(maybe even sooner) some people gonna be rich again and new players will be in the same situation - what we gonna do?! wipe again? i think its bad idea - money isnt everything in this game there is grinding/pvp/social and more
Exactly.

A wipe does nothing but kick the can down the road while also destroying what little market we currently have.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Its funny everytime a wipe it brought up you hear that 2 to 3 years people gonna get rich again for the last 6+years and yet its the same people complaining that they can't afford anything still. The game is in the best position for a wipe with the low player base and coupled with nuggets/pearls like normal games it will actually reward playing the game again. And hording pokes for years won't do much as the economy will be moving on without horders and the value of things will be forced closer to the current and a growing player base.

Cleveland

Youngster
Its funny everytime a wipe it brought up you hear that 2 to 3 years people gonna get rich again for the last 6+years and yet its the same people complaining that they can't afford anything still. The game is in the best position for a wipe with the low player base and coupled with nuggets/pearls like normal games it will actually reward playing the game again. And hording pokes for years won't do much as the economy will be moving on without horders and the value of things will be forced closer to the current and a growing player base.
Everyone that has top tier poke(s) is going to horde those pokes until they can get the money they're currently worth. Nobody is going to sell a shiny T5/UC for less than 500m just because of a pointless wipe. It's simply never going to happen. They will just hold it for years until the money comes back. Speaking for myself, I know for sure I would never even consider selling anything of value for years after a wipe until the money comes back. Why would I sell an amazing poke for 10k when I could sell it a few years later for 100m?

The real life equivalent would be like selling a house you have fully paid off during a real estate crash, instead of waiting for the market to bounce back. It just makes no sense. Why sell something for 10 cents on the dollar during a depression when you don't need to?

A wipe does nothing but steal from players and set the game back 2-3 years. It would not reset the market at all. You'd just have a circulation of mediocre pokes in the market and nothing else lol. It would only make the economy even worse than it currently is, as hard as that is to imagine.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
And again thats the problem people holding on the values that no longer exist because they see how much money is in game. You truely think if there is a wipe anything will be worth 500mil? Even if you hold on to it for years?

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Since this 2-3 years gets thrown around so much I would like to know if staff has any records of the players accumulated money of the past 3 years. And how much of it is still active.

Cleveland

Youngster
And again thats the problem people holding on the values that no longer exist because they see how much money is in game
The values do exist, they just exist among a very few number of players.

You truely think if there is a wipe anything will be worth 500mil? Even if you hold on to it for years?
Undoubtedly.

If I paid 500m for a poke, I'm not going to sell it for less simply because of a wipe. I will just wait for the money to come back. Even if it means waiting years.

This is the problem with a wipe. You're destroying what little market we currently have. It's a major step backwards when what we really need is an infusion of cash so more players can afford valuable pokes.

I promise you, if you wipe the money from this game, you won't be seeing any high end pokes being sold for years. And you'll also see an even lower playerbase because many people would quit.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Then you are delusional. When I started I got a couple of 250- 500mil offers for pokes now those stuff go for less than 10 so yea you will have to adapt. The main complaint is that there is no market so destroying what? Forcing a rebuilding of one where money wise everyone is at square one. Is it the work that is gonna be required to get back a bit of wealth what people are afraid off? The game has 10-20 active players outside of events and its been that way for years so if a wipe causes some to quit I really don't see that changing much since this player base is a revolving door.

justme1306

Youngster
Then you are delusional. When I started I got a couple of 250- 500mil offers for pokes now those stuff go for less than 10 so yea you will have to adapt. The main complaint is that there is no market so destroying what? Forcing a rebuilding of one where money wise everyone is at square one. Is it the work that is gonna be required to get back a bit of wealth what people are afraid off? The game has 10-20 active players outside of events and its been that way for years so if a wipe causes some to quit I really don't see that changing much since this player base is a revolving door.
but if we wipe what would it change?its not like we gonna see tons of new pokes added and tons of new content/new maps/new regions - so at the end of the day people(players who decide to start from scratch)will grind and get same pokes/money they had before the wipe and in 2-3 years people gonna complain and ask for another wipe - why not working on the problem instead of asking for a whipe everytime there is a problem? anyway thats my last message on this thread cause reading stuff like this make me wonder why i continue to play this game - ive never seen a community like this when they face problems ' lets start from the beginning ' instead of just trying to improve the game - there is 10-20 players without events and 50+ during events - pretty easy to see whats going on there - just need content and improve the game so people wouldnt play only during events(i dont blame staff they are doing their best im pretty sure)

Last edited:

Cleveland

Youngster
Then you are delusional.
If anyone here is being delusional, it's you my guy.

When I started I got a couple of 250- 500mil offers for pokes now those stuff go for less than 10 so yea you will have to adapt.
I'd LOVE to hear an example of this, but without even hearing it I can almost guarantee it's not because of a lack of cash in the game. It's because there is no longer a demand for that poke, ie, it was made available at a lower tier in an event and now everyone has one. Just like recently with Houndoom, Cloyster, Honchkrow, etc. OR it was a major game update that fixed battling/moves so pokes like Kingler went from king to borderline worthless. These are natural things that happen over time during the course of a game, they aren't equivalent to a wipe.

Literally not one player with a brain is going to sell a 500m poke for 10m simply because of a wipe. If they did, they'd be an idiot.

Again, if you fully owned a million dollar house, why would you sell it while the market is at an all-time low? Why would you not wait for the market to bounce back? This is like...common sense, man.

The main complaint is that there is no market so destroying what? Forcing a rebuilding of one where money wise everyone is at square one. Is it the work that is gonna be required to get back a bit of wealth what people are afraid off? The game has 10-20 active players outside of events and its been that way for years so if a wipe causes some to quit I really don't see that changing much since this player base is a revolving door.
It's destroying what little market we currently do have. We need to infuse the market, not destroy it. We need more players to be able to afford high end pokes, not less (or none). Furthermore, you're accomplishing absolutely nothing by doing a wipe. There is literally zero benefit to it. All you're doing is making everyone grind from ground zero again, that's it. I'm sorry to say but it's a very stupid idea and would be very harmful to this game.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
but if we wipe what would it change?its not like we gonna see tons of new pokes added and tons of new content/new maps/new regions - so at the end of the day people(players who decide to start from scratch)will grind and get same pokes/money they add before the wipe and in 2-3 years people gonna complain and ask for another wipe - why not working on the problem instead of asking for a whipe everytime there is a problem? anyway thats my last message on this thread cause reading stuff like this make me wonder why i continue to play this game - ive never seen a community like this when they face problems ' lets start from the beginning ' instead of just trying to improve the game - there is 10-20 players without events and 50+ during events - pretty easy to see whats going on there - just need content and improve the game so people wouldnt play only during events(i dont blame staff they are doing their best im pretty sure)
Maybe its just me but some of the recent changes make it seem like the first time in years the game is gonna see actual content. Thats why I suggest a wipe now more than ever. Wiping just the money is hardly starting from the beginning. A wipe is not good so lets just inject more and more. Still would like to know how much pd is generated in game per annum.

But hey I've been around seen most come and go and it always the same so in about a year we will probably have this conversation again and it will continue the cycle.

Last edited:

thunderclap

Youngster
If the money got wiped, expensive pokes would still be traded. They'd just get traded for other expensive pokes.

But if wiping the money would make lots of people quit, then it's not a good idea. Better to stimulate economy with nuggets / buyer npc, I think.

Cleveland

Youngster
but if we wipe what would it change?its not like we gonna see tons of new pokes added and tons of new content/new maps/new regions - so at the end of the day people(players who decide to start from scratch)will grind and get same pokes/money they had before the wipe and in 2-3 years people gonna complain and ask for another wipe - why not working on the problem instead of asking for a whipe everytime there is a problem? anyway thats my last message on this thread cause reading stuff like this make me wonder why i continue to play this game - ive never seen a community like this when they face problems ' lets start from the beginning ' instead of just trying to improve the game - there is 10-20 players without events and 50+ during events - pretty easy to see whats going on there - just need content and improve the game so people wouldnt play only during events(i dont blame staff they are doing their best im pretty sure)
Exactly. A wipe accomplishes nothing. It's just a lazy and ineffective way of addressing a problem. Honestly, the principle of a wipe bothers me more than the act itself, if that makes sense.

A wipe is not good so lets just inject more and more. Still would like to know how much pd is generated in game per annum.

But hey I've been around seen most come and go and it always the same so in about a year we will probably have this conversation again and it will continue the cycle.

Inject more? When was the last time this game had a cash injection? I can't recall it happening in recent memory, which is why this has remained a constant issue all these years. We almost had it with the Elite 4 but then it got a major nerf, unfortunately.

No amount of wipes is ever going to fix the problem that there is no reasonable, sustainable way to earn money in this game.

If the money got wiped, expensive pokes would still be traded. They'd just get traded for other expensive pokes.
Correct, they'd be traded, never sold. So there'd be even less opportunities to acquire those pokes than there currently are.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Correct, they'd be traded, never sold. So there'd be even less opportunities to acquire those pokes than there currently are.
So just like it is currently, just with a little bit of money added to pad the deal. End of the day then staff should just leave the economy as it is and wait those magical 2-3 years where more will get generated and everyone is happy.