Achievement system.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I see with the release of version 1.9 we get these pretty little stars above our heads if we have membership. While it's nice to see some consideration on the part of the staff regarding their patrons, given that the name text is already green to symbolize their contribution, I believe the addition of effects to our names in game could be better served elsewhere. This is where achievements would come into play.

Here's the general idea:
-Players are given a Trainer Rating, from one star to 5.
-Achievements are given for in-game feats, such as completion of Pokedex, X amount of wins in PVP, Years played, Shinies caught/obtained etc.
-X amount of achievements = 1 star

More ideas about player rating:
-Star customization, enable different colors, shapes, and glows.
-High rated trainers can customize their in game chat text color, as it appears to other players.
-Each star unlocks more customization abilities such as changing your shinies color as it appears to other players, changing the sparkle effects for your shinies, character customization (things like hats, masks, etc.), PM box customization as it appears to other players,
-Benefits for highly rated trainers such as discounts on items, travel, and the ability to turn on/off NPC proximity reactions.
-Trainer rating visible in chat
-Trainer rating can be effected by small claims against the player in which they were at fault, but not banned permanently. This would be effected by things like excessive mutes, warnings by staff, and excessive disconnects in battle.
-Achievements can be tied into event vouchers for more incentive to take on the challenges in some way. maybe 3 achievements = 1 voucher?

Any thoughts or additions to the current ideas are appreciated.

nemo55

I 100% agree with this, always have...players need to be rewarded for completion of things such a pokedex, wins in pvp, shinys caught, etc...I know it may be tough to wrap your head around a scheme to reward players, but I'm sure something can be figured out, and I think this idea deserves equal amount of attention as do other aspects that need more developing.

Note: Vouchers are kinda the new thing, a voucher or two rewarded through these kinds of milestones could be a good idea, possibly.

For example:

Pokedex Caught

- 100 Pokemon caught = 1 voucher
- 200 Pokemon caught = 2 vouchers
- 300 Pokemon caught = 3 vouchers
- 350+ Pokemon caught = 4 vouchers

It doesn't only have to be based on caught Pokemon, it can also be the amount of "evolved" Pokemon.

Also new hats/masks that would make you unique is always a very cool idea. Something to brag about. :p

I.Am

The only problem with this suggestion is unfairness to new players.

nemo55

I.Am said:
The only problem with this suggestion is unfairness to new players.

That is exactly why we want this, duhhh so we can motivate new players to reach these benchmarks...and get REWARDED. Enough of this spoon feeding rubbish for noobs, if your a real Pokemon Trainer, you damn well know you will have to work hard for it and earn it. Especially in an MMO environment...

Old players deserve these rewards as they have worked hard and been loyal towards the game for so long...

Nikola

Youngster
While I was thinking about this last night an idea came to my mind. Rather then making anything Candy crush saga alike and something that is not feasible for newbies, such as attending the event happened 2 years ago Id rather do something static that can be achieved no matter if you joined 3 years ago or yesterday. Say person X has over 2000 hours, 3000 wins, 360+ Caught pokemon and 145 evolved Pokemon they will be given the red star and so on. Being able to change star color ingame through command would result in confusion and constant change, hence why I said static above. I believe that those are simple variables for client to process. Of course a lot more would be possible server side and this is only rough suggestion however.
Members are already green and there are no tokens in this suggestion so it would be something possible to everyone. As for the newbies, do you expect the update where they will be able to do command /Godmode ? Step by step, one thing then another. This is something to inspire people to progress.

9d6CvIg.png

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Not everything is meant to be fair for new players. This is Pokemon, not little league.

doitkylestyle

I for one would be all for a Godmode.
Even if they didn't mean anything or reward you with anything, achievements would be a good way to retain interest after gyms are done etc. Would add a bit of self pride to the game

Tecknician

Bis_Eastwood said:
Not everything is meant to be fair for new players. This is Pokemon, not little league.
Bis_Eastwood speaks the truth.

There should be some updates that targets new players, and others that target 'vets'. The key is to make it so that you have a balance between helping and hurting each type of player in the course of a bunch of updates, not just a single one.

Big picture > Short term.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
There's already a slight precedent for introducing an achievement system - Playerdex Forum Profiles have those Poké Ball pips - using the same graphics as the Forum Post Counts and Ranks but utilising a different mechanic - which is based on Pokédex Completion. Or something like that...

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
While I fail to see how this is discriminatory when it comes to new players, I'll simply say that this is meant to keep players interested through goals. Of course people will want to get on the level of those who lead the game. As far as any ranking system that's not visible in-game, I feel that it's inadequate as many people don't frequent forums or the playerdex.

PrinceCharming

Banned
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm all up for something like this. We need to find a way to get and keep people interested in game. I have been here since 2010 and I have seen it at it's best times and worst times.. The main thing I see over and over again is that people eventually get bored with this game and leave. and they tell their friends about their experience that they had while in game. So I am up for anything that can keep players interested in staying and bringing back positives views to this game---Scotty Scene