About PWO quests, errors and stuff

Sorey

Read the NPCs dialogues, pls
Staff member
Game Editor
As everyone might know, as a script writer, I am responsible for fixing script errors, bugs, and so on, such as creating NPCs. Sometimes players come to me to report certain 'wrong' behaviors. I have no problem with communication through unofficial channels, such as Discord or in-game. I like to be an accessible person and I believe that's how I have been since I joined the staff. However, I would ask that you only report some wrong behavior when you are convinced that it is in fact an error or a bug. I've been getting messages about errors that would have been resolved just by carefully reading the NPCs' dialogues. The problem is that my time for corrections is limited due to my routine, and the time to solve a problem doesn't evolves the code only – It also involves investigations, attempts, validations, tests, etc. Sometimes I have to use breaks in my RL work to do these investigations to find out that it was just player inattention.
Please make sure you do indeed have an error in hands before reporting it informally to me. I would really appreciate that.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I've been getting messages about errors that would have been resolved just by carefully reading the NPCs' dialogues.
Imagine that, problems solved by people just reading. Shocker, why am I not surprised? I mean this is the same game where the most common question is "How do I move?" "What do I do now?" "How do I select a pokemon?" When literally the intro tells people exactly what they do, all they have to do is read. Too bad PWO doesn't have a debugger for lack of mental attentiveness and/or processing. LOL
Anyway, you do an excellent job at responding when issues are brought to your attention, we all really appreciate it. :)

whisMEAT

Youngster
Imagine that, problems solved by people just reading. Shocker, why am I not surprised? I mean this is the same game where the most common question is "How do I move?" "What do I do now?" "How do I select a pokemon?" When literally the intro tells people exactly what they do, all they have to do is read. Too bad PWO doesn't have a debugger for lack of mental attentiveness and/or processing. LOL
Anyway, you do an excellent job at responding when issues are brought to your attention, we all really appreciate it. :)
The absurduty is they are reading even more when they try to ask left and right withouth thinking XD first, they read that it is written; then, they read from players and often in longer version. TAnd then they eventually read what npc and wiki says just to be sure :V Game staff is not a customer service karen, bad karen bad!!