A suggestion for next client update.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOULTAKER1994

Hey Staff i'm sorry i know you've already got alot on your plate regarding updates for client and pdex etc.. i was wondering if this could be added into the next client update a system command that tells us how many days we have until NPC reset i think it could be pretty useful for the players i understand if it wouldn't happen any time soon but if its a small adjustment then i hope it could be added :)
anyways thank you for your time :)

SOULTAKER1994

Bluerise said:
How would this exactly work?
i was thinking a in-game command system like /Npc and it telling us exactly how many days are left before the Npc reset taking place i really have no idea about how it would work "Technically" but it was just an idea :p

SOULTAKER1994

Bluerise said:
How would you identify the NPC?
i meant all NPCs together idk about other players but i mostly go around kanto/jhoto battling all the npcs in one day T_T is the system able to calculate the number of hours All the npcs have before resetting them?

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
It may help if you could provide a text sample of what you expect the output to look like.

ksalim313

Bluerise said:
How would you identify the NPC?

How about this: The player has to talk to the NPC that he wants to know when it will reset then use the command?

Mainly the client or the server will store the last NPC's ID that the player talked to and the command will display on the screen/chat window as system message the following:
  • If the last NPC that the player talked to was battling NPC: The last NPC you talked to will reset on 14th of December at 11:30 PM - GMT.
  • If the last NPC was not a battling NPC or the player didn't talk to any NPC since he became online: There is no specified cool down time for the last NPC you talked to.
I'm sure there are better ways to do that in game with a new client but as I read, you are not going to make new updates for the new client until it provides all the functionality of the current client, so my thoughts were pretty much limited about this. Maybe it's even possible to be done with the current client even though it may add unnecessary overhead for the server maybe? :)

Merse

Youngster
Or you could use it like this:
/Npc "Bugcatcher Mike"
And the answer would be:
Bugcatcher Mike will be ready to battle with you again in 3 days, 14 hours, 13 minutes.
It shouldn't say "the NPC resets", it just ruins the feeling.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
What if an NPC name is used more than once?

SOULTAKER1994

Bluerise said:
and for a simple way to know all the npcs reset time in total /"npctotal"(this shouldn't display npcs that are ready for battle)
Merse has provided an excellent example

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Bluerise said:

Aside from the name clashing, for same-name NPCs, there are also hundreds of battle NPCs that are entirely nameless, blurring the identification further. How they would be separably identifiable is indeed the question—apart from their DOI (their IDs, as mentioned), the only data property I can think of, to better identify them, would be their positional placement on the map (their X:-Y: coordinates).

With a new client, however, it's possible that there is a more well-organized layout to display such data; visual changes could be made down the avenue of a new client, thus the cooldown-time data could be displayed in a UI-oriented scheme (by having to click through the interface to load the data). A new command, which is mostly server-controlled thus doable, but it needs more concept-discussing before it can be landed feasibly, organization-wise.

Beyond the identification issues, what filters would exist for the /npctotal command? Depending on how many data lines it returns, an excess of them would make it less easily browsable, to look through for the NPC data in mind.

SOULTAKER1994

Creobis said:
Bluerise said:

Aside from the name clashing, for same-name NPCs, there are also hundreds of battle NPCs that are entirely nameless, blurring the identification further. How they would be separably identifiable is indeed the question—apart from their DOI (their IDs, as mentioned), the only data property I can think of, to better identify them, would be their positional placement on the map (their X:-Y: coordinates).

With a new client, however, it's possible that there is a more well-organized layout to display such data; visual changes could be made down the avenue of a new client, thus the cooldown-time data could be displayed in a UI-oriented scheme (by having to click through the interface to load the data). A new command, which is mostly server-controlled thus doable, but it needs more concept-discussing before it can be landed feasibly, organization-wise.

Beyond the identification issues, what filters would exist for the /npctotal command? Depending on how many data lines it returns, an excess of them would make it less easily browsable, to look through for the NPC data in mind.
i understand that i was thinking is it a possibility that pokenav would be out in pwo? if we had that it would just pop the up and tell us what npcs are ready like in the actual game :p

Merse

Youngster
Then what about talking to the NPC and while it speaks to you you also get a message in your chatbox about how much time till it resets?

SOULTAKER1994

Merse said:
Then what about talking to the NPC and while it speaks to you you also get a message in your chatbox about how much time till it resets?
yeah instead of "this npc is not ready to battle" it should say "This NPC will be ready to battle @ -Day -time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.