A picture is worth a thousand words

Isguros

Youngster
Reactions are an integral part of the forums, it allows for people to show support and solidarity to a post, it promotes harmony, and is an important means of communication on the forums without needing to detract from the post in question by leaving a comment on it that, at the end of the day, didn't say all that much.

Although there's already a (wide) selection of emotion icons to use as a reaction, varying from an angry face to a thumbs up icon, a lot of emotions can't really be illustrated with just the six that are currently available.

If you want to show support for someone who's pouring their heart out, or if you want to buck someone up who may have been dealing with some tough issues in their personal life, a heart-eyes emotion icon might be interpreted in an unfortunate way. You have the same issue at the other side of the spectrum, when you don't really agree with a post, perhaps the kind of reaction you got from the idea in this thread, a sad or angry icon won't be the best choice to convey the message you're trying to.

So, if at all possible, I'd like to suggest updating the current roster of available reaction icons. Preferably, more options to choose from is always better, but even without expanding the number of roster spots, it's still possible to increase the usability of this well-liked and rewarding feature by fine-tuning the selection.

Smileys.png

The masterfully edited picture above is my suggestion of what the reactions could or maybe even should look like. They say a picture is worth a thousand words; that's especially true for reactions, but I hope it's the case here as well, and I won't need to explain why I chose what I've chosen, cause let's face it: you won't want me to keep rambling about about stuff that's already clear as day.

Thank you for your attention.

justme1306

Youngster
Reactions are an integral part of the forums, it allows for people to show support and solidarity to a post, it promotes harmony, and is an important means of communication on the forums without needing to detract from the post in question by leaving a comment on it that, at the end of the day, didn't say all that much.

Although there's already a (wide) selection of emotion icons to use as a reaction, varying from an angry face to a thumbs up icon, a lot of emotions can't really be illustrated with just the six that are currently available.

If you want to show support for someone who's pouring their heart out, or if you want to buck someone up who may have been dealing with some tough issues in their personal life, a heart-eyes emotion icon might be interpreted in an unfortunate way. You have the same issue at the other side of the spectrum, when you don't really agree with a post, perhaps the kind of reaction you got from the idea in this thread, a sad or angry icon won't be the best choice to convey the message you're trying to.

So, if at all possible, I'd like to suggest updating the current roster of available reaction icons. Preferably, more options to choose from is always better, but even without expanding the number of roster spots, it's still possible to increase the usability of this well-liked and rewarding feature by fine-tuning the selection.

View attachment 7413

The masterfully edited picture above is my suggestion of what the reactions could or maybe even should look like. They say a picture is worth a thousand words; that's especially true for reactions, but I hope it's the case here as well, and I won't need to explain why I chose what I've chosen, cause let's face it: you won't want me to keep rambling about about stuff that's already clear as day.

Thank you for your attention.
you have way too much free time my deer guros :p

whisMEAT

Youngster
I gave you a meaningless angry face just to show my agreement. obviously, we *need* other emojis or why would i ever use angry emoji in such a pointless place. dear authorities, this would be awesome: