5 Years and Counting

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
June 6th, 2016. It was 5 years ago today that I discovered PWO. It's hard to believe its been that long as it feels like it was just yesterday. I still remember how it felt that after being a Pokemon fan for 18 years to finally get an opportunity to play a pokemon game. I remember the excitement of choosing my starter and picking Charmander. I remember my first NPC battle, my first wild encounter ( a rattata), and the first pokemon I caught (a pidgey). I remember my first gym victory and how it felt and that because of that I was focused on one thing and one thing only, and that was playing PWO and beating all the gyms. With the wiki as my guide I set out on my quest to obtain all 16 badges and over the course of my weekend, I managed to do so. With my task complete, and reaching rank 9 on BT over the next week or so, I was preparing to move on from the game.

I didnt realize it at the time, but when you join PWO, its not just a game, its a community. I had no intentions of being friends with people when I started, I just wanted to play (I even had my chat box closed my first two weeks here lol), but in a game with the player base like we have here, its hard not to eventually make friends, and I for one am thankful for each and every friend I have made here. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my PWO life, I wouldn't trade the moments for anything. I'll likely never be as active as I once was, but just know that I'll always be a part of this game, and this game will always be a part of my life. Thank you!

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
We all know exactly how you feel man! You have clearly been a big part of the community, and made several others grateful for finding this game as well. Wish you the best of luck with life Jobey!
Thanks for that :) I appreciate it!