Favorite Pokemon Each Generation

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Just a simple forum post that's about exactly what the subject title says, which is: "What's your Favorite Pokemon Each Generation?"
(Note: I know some generations can be more lame than others, so picking a favorite may be hard, in which case, just choose one you think is cool and let it be LOL)

Mine are as follows:

1. Charizard
(Who would have guessed that? LOL )
2. Feraligatr
3. Sceptile
4. Froslass
5. Hydreigon
6. Greninja
7. Salazzle
8. Inteleon
9. Baxcalibur

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
1- Dragonite
2- Tyranitar
3- Crawdaunt
4- Heatran
5- Kyurem-Black
6- Ash-Greninja
7- Alolan-Marowak
8- Corviknight
9- Great Tusk

Last edited:

Klay

Youngster
1. Ivysaur + Fearow + Raichu + Nidorina + Gloom + Drowzee + Pinsir + Flareon
2. Bayleef + Grass Cyndaquil + Marill + Espeon + Unown (all forms) + Dunsparce + Granbull + Heracross + Entei + Lugia
3. Grovyle + Shiftry + Whismur + Mawile + Lairon + Torkoal + Seviper + Chimecho + Moss Regirock + Human Form Latias
4. Mismagius + Chingling + Carnivine + Leafeon + Regigigas + Land Form Shaymin
5. Tepig + Zen Mode Darmanitan
6. Talonflame + Shield Form Aegislash + Carbink + Trevenant + Noivern
7. Alolan Muk + Toxapex + Golisopod + Pyukumuku + Togedemaruy + Drampa + Dhelmise
8. Galarian Meowth + Galarian Slowbro + Galarian Zigzagoon + Hisuian Zoroark + Wooloo + Appletun + Obstagoon + Perrserker + Sirfetch'd + Any Mode Morpeko + Regidrago
9. Paldean Tauros Aqua Breed Hunger Force + Brambleghast + Toedscruel + Tinkaton + Annihilape + Kingambit

AsianKid

Youngster
1. Alakazam
alakazam.png

2. Espeon
espeon.png

3. Sceptile
sceptile.png

4. Rampardos
rampardos.png

5. Serperior
serperior.png

6. Pancham1681091480134.png
7. Alolan Marowak1681091542404.png
8. Galarian Moltres
moltres-galarian.jpg

9. Scream Tail 1681091777636.png

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
The only thing that surprises me about AK's picks is his Gen 5 pick, because to me, that's actually the most disappointing final evolution for a starter in any generation. Other than that, I could have called his Gen 1 and 2 picks without even asking; and every other pick is a Pokémon I love too. Sceptile is in fact also my favourite Gen 3 starter ^^

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
How dare you?!!!! :mad:
To be fair, I love Snivy. I think it's like the Gen 5 version of Treecko, with the same "smug jerk" look. I also think Servine is a great evo for it that manages to maintain the same attitude while feeling like a natural progression; and if a similar route had been taken for its final evo, the whole line would likely have been one of my absolute favourites. But they didn't. With Serperior, the line changes from a bipedal, smug, half-lizard-half-plant cross to... a basilisk? I just feel like that was a misstep, and not the final evolution its previous two forms seemed to be setting up for. That's why I find it so disappointing. It's also disappointing because Gen 5 had so many great Pokémon designs; and the shading was far more detailed than Gen 4's very flat sprites, to boot.

Isguros

Youngster
1. Golduck
2. Quagsire
3. Luvdisc
4. Bibarel
5. Ducklett
6. Litleo
7. Pikipek
8. Cramorant
9. Flamigo

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
To be fair, I love Snivy. I think it's like the Gen 5 version of Treecko, with the same "smug jerk" look. I also think Servine is a great evo for it that manages to maintain the same attitude while feeling like a natural progression; and if a similar route had been taken for its final evo, the whole line would likely have been one of my absolute favourites. But they didn't. With Serperior, the line changes from a bipedal, smug, half-lizard-half-plant cross to... a basilisk? I just feel like that was a misstep, and not the final evolution its previous two forms seemed to be setting up for. That's why I find it so disappointing. It's also disappointing because Gen 5 had so many great Pokémon designs; and the shading was far more detailed than Gen 4's very flat sprites, to boot.
Fair enough, though, in a universe where a fish becomes an octopus and a carp becomes a pseudo sea dragon, lizard to basilisk isn't too bad all things considered. xD
Though, discussing this has now made me think of a future forum post. :D

Cleveland

Youngster
Gonna do non-legendary and legendary

1. Charizard
charizard.png
and Zapdos
zapdos.png

2. Houndoom
houndoom.png
and Raikou
raikou.png

Salamence
salamence.png
and Rayquaza
rayquaza.png

4. Garchomp
garchomp.png
and Giratana
giratina.png

5. Hydreigon
hydreigon.png
and Zekrom
zekrom.png

Never played a Pokemon game with pokemon Gen 6 or higher, so can't really say on those.

Absoltrainer108

1. Eevee
2. Umbreon
3. Absol
4. Dusknoir
5. Cofagrigus
6. Aurorus
7. Alolan Ninetales
8. Galarian Ponyta
9. Haven't played Scarlet/Violet yet